Can you specify a delivery date for a gifted digital game?

Discus and support Can you specify a delivery date for a gifted digital game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to buy my son games for the xbox series S and want to know if I can select the date when he will be notified for the gift... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by iamtehSparky, Dec 4, 2022.

1. iamtehSparky
    iamtehSparky Guest

I want to buy my son games for the xbox series S and want to know if I can select the date when he will be notified for the gift

:)

iamtehSparky, Dec 4, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

You can always send him an copy of the email with a schedule email from your personal email

(You would have to have the gift email sent to you of cojrse
  3. Smwutches Win User

No. There's no way to specify a date for delivery.
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?

When you purchase a gift for a friend the system asks for a delivery point either an email address or gamer tag, The system then sends a 25 digit redeem code to that delivery point. It does not check if the recipient already has the game or if they are
    in the same region as the sender. That is down to you as the customer and purchaser to check.

As the recipient already has the game in this case it is down to the purchaser/ the person who sent the gift to issue a refund claim.
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

Purchasing a digital game as a SURPRISE gift is impossible? Its on sale now, but I don't want him to have it until Christmas

Hello Kimmyc1971,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you have experienced while trying to purchase a digital game as a surprise gift for your son. We understand that this is a special occasion, and you want to make it memorable for him.

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no option to schedule the delivery of a digital game as a gift on a specific date. The game will be sent to the recipient's email address as soon as you complete the purchase. We are aware of this limitation, and we are working on improving our service to offer more flexibility and convenience for our customers.

However, there are some possible alternatives that you can try to surprise your son with the game on Christmas day. One option is to buy a digital code while the game is on sale and send it to yourself then you can give the code to your son on Christmas day. Another option is to buy a physical Gift card code on third-party retailer, such as Amazon or GameStop.
    For your reference with buying digital games as Gifts you may check this link: Help with giving digital games as gifts | Xbox Support

We hope that these suggestions are helpful and that you can find a suitable solution for your situation. We appreciate your feedback, and we will use it to improve our service and communication. Thank you for choosing Xbox and we wish you and your son a happy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. David Hamill1 Win User

Cancel and refund Xbox gift card?

"If a digital gift card hasn't been redeemed, you can cancel it and get a refund up to 14 days from the date you bought it. "
Thema:

1. Can you specify a delivery date for a gifted digital game? - Similar Threads - specify delivery date

2. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  3. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  4. Smart Delivery. Why not make it optional?

in XboX Insiders
    Smart Delivery. Why not make it optional?: Cant Smart Delivery just be a optional thing? Like some games i see that optimization is great like fortnite, cod etc... so yeah i want those to be.. but as a Series S user with a external SSD...
  5. Delivery Address Issue with XBOX Order from Microsoft Website

in XBoX on Windows
    Delivery Address Issue with XBOX Order from Microsoft Website: I wanted to share my recent experience ordering an XBOX directly from the Microsoft Xbox official website. I provided the correct shipping address, which was also confirmed by Microsoft during...
  6. Order status pending even though it’s the estimated delivery time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Order status pending even though it’s the estimated delivery time: I purchased Microsoft Number pad few days ago, and today is supposed to be the estimated delivery date, yet when I checked it’s still pending. Payment already been made through the debit card…...
  7. Xbox delivery stolen off porch

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox delivery stolen off porch: I purchased a new Xbox Series X that "arrived" 2 days ago. The driver didn't ring bell and no signature was required. I was on the porch within two minutes of getting the notification. But the...
  8. Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified): Hi. I've been having issues with the Xbox App. It opens alright but everytime I try to sign in a message pops up that says "We couldn't sign you to Xbox Live. SYSTEM cannot find the file...
  9. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games": Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...
  10. Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file when trying to run my game pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file when trying to run my game pass games: Hello, whenever I try to launch any game pass games, I get the error stated in the title. I have tried reinstalling gaming services, changing permision, but I cannot change xboxgames file from...