Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?

Discus and support Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I joined a club on Xbox.com and was noticing that people were posting clips and screenshots. I was wondering whether I could do that on a Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Built To Last Gaming, May 29, 2023.

1. Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?

I joined a club on Xbox.com and was noticing that people were posting clips and screenshots. I was wondering whether I could do that on a Xbox 360 console without a capture card.

:)

Built To Last Gaming, May 29, 2023
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?

Hi,

No sorry, it's not possible. Only the Xbox One and Series X|S can capture pictures and videos directly via the console.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?

Hello Smith,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I do not believe that this is supported. When you capture screenshots using the Game DVR / Bar, the name of the game and the "creator" of the file are added in automatically. This needs to be there labeled correctly for
    the share process to go through without error.

Just in case this helps, here is a link for capturing screenshots and uploading them :

Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots

Hope this helps!
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Cannot take screenshots

Can you elaborate what method you are using to try and take screenshots?

When ingame do you press the Nexus button to bring up the Home Guide, then move to the right to Capture and share, then Capture>Capture a screenshot?

Capture game clips and screenshots provides support for this feature.

If you have a lot of clips on your console you may want to upload them to XBox Live so you can delete some of them from the console.

There is only a finite space for clips and shots stored on the console.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Recording for youtube

Hi there TheIronTango14,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand you are trying to record a YouTube video. You will not be able to record a YouTube Video using the Xbox Console. Check out this article for more information on the

Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots

Try this out and let us know if it helps.
Thema:

1. Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card? - Similar Threads - record clips screenshots

2. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  3. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  4. My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots: When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did. It doesn't even show in my internal storage,...
  5. Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB: Hi, everyone out there. I had recently done a bunch of screen recordings on my Xbox Series X, at FHD 1080p, 60fps. When these videos, saved onto the USB Drive (formatted correctly) are played...
  6. Why my xbox series s won’t record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox series s won’t record clips and screenshots?: my xbox series s wont record clips or screenshots but if i double click it starts recording! i checked storage and i have over 100gb free so whats the issue here? thanks ps. it only seem...
  7. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?: Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me...
  8. why does the share button record a 7 second clip instead of a screenshot

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why does the share button record a 7 second clip instead of a screenshot: Since I bought my console the share button has taken a screenshot when clicked in game. Now when I click the share button it records a 7 second clip. I have looked through the setting menu and...
  9. New symbol and new share option to share last record (screenshot/video clip) in latest...

in XboX Insiders
    New symbol and new share option to share last record (screenshot/video clip) in latest...: [IMG] submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]
  10. Screenshot and Record Clip option disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screenshot and Record Clip option disappeared: Sorry if this isn't the correct place. I didn't see this listed in any other forum. The option to Record a Clip or take a Screenshot when double tapping the Xbox button has disappeared. It brings...