Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more?

Discus and support Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I am a Minecraft: Pocket Edition fan! I have created my own Minecraft username that is greater than 15 characters. I really want to keep my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MisledFiddle624, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more?

Hi! I am a Minecraft: Pocket Edition fan! I have created my own Minecraft username that is greater than 15 characters. I really want to keep my Minecraft username. My Minecraft username has lots of stored data in it. So I need to keep the EXACT username.
    I hope you can help me!

:)

MisledFiddle624, Jul 28, 2017
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Question on Moving Settlers

There is a population limit in the game for each settlement.

The limit is 10+Charisma

So if your charisma is 6 then the population cap will be 16

To move people there you will need to raise your charisma

Malacath, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Gamertag idea

My current GamerTag is ""

I want to change it to "SheogorathTheMad* but that is 16 characters and it only allows 15. I am Looking for ideas on what I could change it to that still incorporates "Sheogorath". And fits the 15 character limit. Thank you

Sheogorath509, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Gamertag character limit is & always has been 15 letters which is plenty.

Highly doubt it'll be increased any time soon i'm afraid.

Daft Badger, Jul 29, 2017
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Gamertag character limit is & always has been 15 letters which is plenty.

Highly doubt it'll be increased any time soon i'm afraid.
  6. Unknowngamer1st Win User

gamer tag

for Xbox Gamertags can only be made up of letters and numbers. the Gamertag limit can only be 16 characters long.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

username recovery

The old limit was 15 characters so your old gamertag couldn't of been 16 characters long.

You might still be able to change to a tag with more than 12 characters if you do it on a xbox 360 console unless they've fixed that workaround but other than that then you will have to stick with the 12 character limit.
  8. Lukeo-498A15FA-A54D- Win User

12 Character Gamertag

It’s because gamertags now get 4 digits after them if they are not unique (thus 12+4 equalling the existing 16 character limit).

It is a shame you can no longer make a unique 13-16 character gamertag, but I can understand it would over-complicate the system (choose a taken 11 char GT and you can have it with numbers, but choose a taken 16 char GT and it will tell you you cannot have
    it at all! It’s difficult to explain this in simple terms on the gamertag selection screen, and so much easier for a simple 12 character limit whether unique or not. We’ll just add 4 numbers to the end if it is taken).
  9. Smwutches Win User

New gamertag system

The 12 character cap is to keep the full limit with the suffix to 15-16 characters.

Why do gamertags only support 12 characters now?

We require at least 3 characters to auto-assign you a suffix and make sure that everybody has an equal chance to have a name they can be proud of. Many older games allowed 16 characters for displaying gamertags.
    We’re reserving three of those characters for the suffix and one for the # symbol, leaving 12 characters for gamertags.
Thema:

1. Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more? - Similar Threads - Raise Gamertag Character

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?: I've had a great 15-character gamertag for 11 years, one I came up with when I was 12 that is very nostalgic to me, that I just lost last night by accident by helping my friend come up with a new...
  4. How to I raise a case ? As all correspondence with a real person never work seems to push...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to I raise a case ? As all correspondence with a real person never work seems to push...: Having an issue with retaining a case number or ID 34d157a1-e874-4c10-857b-2667699fd930
  5. Raising a Complaint on the Replacement Controller I have received.

in XBoX on Windows
    Raising a Complaint on the Replacement Controller I have received.: Hello, I really require a Human and not a virtual assistant to look into this matter. I bought a Xbox Series x/s controller in October and unfortunately last week it become faulty, the A button...
  6. Cant unlink xbox account from activision or raise activision support ticket

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant unlink xbox account from activision or raise activision support ticket: I have been trying to fix my xbox accoutn with activsion but having no help, when I log a ticket I get an error, when I go to my profile I get an error. I had created a new account to raise a...
  7. Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?: Im currently faced with an issue regarding Xbox Game Bar on PC and that problem is that I can no longer change accounts on it with the new update by just looking at how it works you can only...
  8. I need to raise a complaint how do i do this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to raise a complaint how do i do this?: I need to raise a complaint how do i do this? 2bfdfcfb-90ea-4f13-9ae4-5ce4cf9443d3
  9. I raised a warranty claim for my Xbox series 2 controller, its been over 24 hours and no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I raised a warranty claim for my Xbox series 2 controller, its been over 24 hours and no...: I have submitted a claim, I have not received my returns label. Can we please arrange a label to be sent to me? 0f904aec-e740-4fbe-83f9-c7ba7aa72dc0
  10. Anyway to raise the deadzone boundaries in halo infinite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway to raise the deadzone boundaries in halo infinite?: I tried through settings and didn't see anything. "deathless" mode still kills you up there. And forge doesnt seem to have any settings I am seeing. Anything I missed? Thanks. (if theres a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox gamertag character limit