Can you play the new MW2 cross gen edition on an Xbox one S?

Discus and support Can you play the new MW2 cross gen edition on an Xbox one S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Got the cross gen edition and it says it can't read the disk any help here Xbox ONE S e0a5008e-d9dd-432a-bccc-ffe2c4a7a2a5 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sinnisterii, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Sinnisterii
    Sinnisterii Guest

Got the cross gen edition and it says it can't read the disk any help here Xbox ONE S

:)

Sinnisterii, Nov 28, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

help with denial of refund

If you look at your account.Microsoft.com it would probably be the charge for the cross gen mw2

HOWEVEr if you are trying to refund the mw 2 cross gen then no as mentioned you played it

Mw2 vault edition. Is a upgrade to the base game not a replacement

You wouldve had to buy the cross gen to play vault edition

I don't think you realize what you bought

When you buy the vault edition you MUST have the base game to play it

The vault edition code only gives you the additional dlc NOT THE game
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sinnisterii

Yes, the cross generation edition contains both Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One version of the game.

You should be able to play the game in your One S.

May I know if you tried power cycling your Xbox to see if that helps? (Make sure to eject the disc and clean it carefully before that)

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Why i can't install crossgen bundle cod mw2 on pc

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ICELion7, I think there should be some confusion with the themenologies.

Cross-Gen Bundle means you can install the game on both the regular Xbox One and the new generation.

In addition to installing MW2 on the console and PC with the same game license it would have to be Playanywhere, which is not the case with the Cross-Gen Bundle, it was made only for xbox.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/call-of-...

Playable on

Xbox One

Xbox Series X|S

And if the MW2 is cross-platform it will allow you to play with people from other platforms like PlayStation, and PC.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Call Of Duty Cold War Cross Gen Edition vs Smart Delivery

All Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X via backwards compatibility. Kind of like how you can play 360 games on the One now. You would be playing the One version of the games.

With Cross Gen Editions/Smart Delivery, you're buying the One version and get an upgrade to the Series S/X version of the game when you get the new console instead of having to buy the Series S/X version and you an take advantage of some of the upgraded
    features.
  6. Randy Bermudez Win User

Does anyone know if crossplay option will be returning MW2 on Xbox system even if I had to wait weeks or months please let me know

when you said series did you mean Xbox series type and

if Xbox series s/x has cross play option for mw2 it's it possible from to download mw2 on Xbox series s if

it has cross play on this game.
Thema:

1. Can you play the new MW2 cross gen edition on an Xbox one S? - Similar Threads - play MW2 cross

2. MW2 will not play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW2 will not play: I purchased MW2 from Walmart. I have installed content packs 1-6 and the COD game, when trying to play MW2 it says I need to purchase the game again in order to play even though I already have the...
  3. Since I've updated to MW3, I can play it BUT no more access to MW2 nor Warzone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since I've updated to MW3, I can play it BUT no more access to MW2 nor Warzone...: When I try to join mw2 or warzone, it stays on "looking for updates" then I have to close and relaunch the game to access mw3. I appreciate that one but I'm far to be finished with others......
  4. I buy games such as MW2 and play the campaign. I find that I am playing multiplayer when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I buy games such as MW2 and play the campaign. I find that I am playing multiplayer when I...: I have tried to enter single player mode on MW2.campsign. For some reason it insist I buy a version at £69. If I already have it on Warzone 2.why? fd585c01-e7e5-4877-8b2e-c9d1f909081b
  5. Cant play COD MW2 Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play COD MW2 Multiplayer: Keep getting the error, "You are missing one or more Multiplayer DLC packs. Please download and install." I have restarted my computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed, twice. I play on...
  6. I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on...: I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on multiplayer it tells me to buy the game again What’s the problem? 3c93823c-3c86-4e64-94e7-72d1feb1bd43
  7. My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons: My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons in my slots I go onto DMZ without my weapons. 38403e18-dd65-4042-b865-ac6c406a5176
  8. I can't connect to xbox 360 live on my xbox one. Trying to play mw2. Can any one help sort this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't connect to xbox 360 live on my xbox one. Trying to play mw2. Can any one help sort this: So I have been playing modern warfare 2 on xbox one. As it is backwards compatible. I can't connect to the xbox live to play it. I done a fee things like reset console, router. Done a full console...
  9. I purchased COD MW2 cross gen on Xbox series s and cross play enable doesn’t show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased COD MW2 cross gen on Xbox series s and cross play enable doesn’t show on...: What do I need to do I need help all the money I’m paying for this game and can’t play how I expect to ad3cd4a6-9505-4c30-9076-429c1c15c51f
  10. COD MW2 cross gen. Where is quick play or any other game modes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD MW2 cross gen. Where is quick play or any other game modes: Hi, brand new xbox series x, bought cod mw2 cross gen game disc, installed, but only allows dmz or battle Royale, I Uninstalled the game and reinstalled, and same thing. Unable to get to Quick...