Can you play original Xbox games on your PC after buying them?

Discus and support Can you play original Xbox games on your PC after buying them? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There are two games I want the most from the Xbox Marketplace, but the problem is buying my own Xbox one is costly. My dad is willing to share his,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Red_Squirrel020, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Can you play original Xbox games on your PC after buying them?

There are two games I want the most from the Xbox Marketplace, but the problem is buying my own Xbox one is costly. My dad is willing to share his, however he might use it in the near future.

I have my own wishlist of the games I want from the Xbox marketplace. I have six items which are Psychonauts, Sonic Unleashed, Shiness, Blinx the TimeSweeper, Conker Live and Reloaded and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.

:)

Red_Squirrel020, Dec 23, 2022
  2. Red_Squirrel020 Win User

Rats! At least I did ask about it. Time to save up for my own xbox one.
  3. Smwutches Win User

No. They would only work on the console. If those games are available for the PC, you would have to purchase them for the PC in order to be able to play them.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Unable to access my games on my PC with the Game Pass Ultimate

some (very little) games that are on the xbox are play anywhere titles, the pc side of gamepass has different games available to it that the console has.

if you purchased games on the xbox then if they are a play anywhere title then you can download them on the pc but if they are not you will need to buy them from either windows store or Steam, Origin, Epic, GOG etc etc etc.
  5. Yousef Islam Win User

can you play halo 2 pc game on xbox 360 slim? i have a 250 gigabyte hard drive. if yes what is required?

No, OP.

-

You play PC games on the PC. You play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox 360. You play Sony Playstation games on your Sony Playstation.

-

Just buy an old copy of Halo 2 for the original Xbox and play it on your Xbox 360. It's the same thing.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Keeping downloaded Games off of xbox360 HDD

Hi,

You have three options:

• Buy a replacement Xbox 360
    • Buy an Xbox One - and play your games that are BC
    • Wait until the Series X releases. The Series X is due to have the same backwards compatibility with 360 and original Xbox games the the Xbox One has.

As long as you use the same account on one of these other consoles you can download them again. But you can not download these games to a PC.
Thema:

1. Can you play original Xbox games on your PC after buying them? - Similar Threads - play original games

2. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  3. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  4. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  5. Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...: So, I cannot load my og gamertag on my Xbox360. Although I can log in to it on the PC so I know the correct email address and password. I had made another account and this one works. So I log in...
  6. Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360: I recently got Spiderman 2 (2004 game) for Xbox original for my son who is a huge Spiderman fan as he wants to play all the old games. Last night it was playing just fine on our 360 and today it...
  7. Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360: So this game is backwards compatible on a 360 however when I try to play it it brings up a game error telling me the game couldn't start and to try downloading the game again, I am unsure as to...
  8. What game would you play on Xbox original?

in XboX Insiders
    What game would you play on Xbox original?: Probably Halo 2 for me!! https://www.gamingarcade.co.uk/home/xbox-original-celebrating-22-years-of-nostalgia submitted by /u/0000000000000000marc [link] [comments]
  9. So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....: So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games. do you have to get an original 360 hard drive 7c460fa7-0dc1-41a3-aa2a-7cd30a0e11f5
  10. I have an original Xbox game called whacked I wanted to play on my Xbox series x but it's...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an original Xbox game called whacked I wanted to play on my Xbox series x but it's...: I have an original Xbox game called whacked I wanted to play on my Xbox series x but it's not reading my disc b3f1aac0-9126-4524-8433-7346a0a43a7f