Can you play 360 games without ever having a 360 account?

Discus and support Can you play 360 games without ever having a 360 account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! I know this might seem like a silly question but I currently own an Xbox one X and was wondering if there was anyway to play some 360 games on it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lifeispeachyy, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Can you play 360 games without ever having a 360 account?

Hey! I know this might seem like a silly question but I currently own an Xbox one X and was wondering if there was anyway to play some 360 games on it. I understand that they are backwards compatible. However, I have never owned an Xbox 360. So I don’t have a 360 account. Is there anyway to play these games still or no? Thank you in advance!

:)

Lifeispeachyy, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Lifeispeachyy Win User

Oh really? Cause I’ve tried playing like for example plants vs zombies, and it says I need a 360 account. I have tried putting in my information for the current Xbox account and it says this account was not found. Is that just the game then?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

All Xbox accounts you can use on either an Xbox One, Series X|S or even a PC have an Xbox 360 profile. This includes accounts that have never signed in on an Xbox 360 console.

Are you sure you're entering the correct email address and password? If you try here on Xbox.com, does it let you log in with these details?

Bear in mind that there has been a long lasting issue with some passwords when signing into an Xbox 360 (including the emulator on the Xbox One and Series X|S consoles). If your password is 12 characters or longer, contains spaces or special characters (like ~%&#) then you may have problems logging in and retrieving the 360 profile. If this is the case, change your password to be slightly shorter with no special characters.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Can you try playing a different Xbox 360 games?
    This can help to identify if it's the game or something else
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.

You don't need to worry about that, as soon as you open a backwards compatible game you're going to play with your current profile automatically Lifeispeachyy.
  6. Colonel Touring Win User

First playthrough - Incredible

Without doubt the best 360 games I have ever played. DS abd DS2 10/10 in my book!
Thema:

1. Can you play 360 games without ever having a 360 account? - Similar Threads - play 360 games

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  7. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e
  8. I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One: So I have done quite a bit of research regarding the backwards compatibility issue with Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, and nothing seems to work for me. At the end of the day, I can’t sign into my...
  9. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  10. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...