Can you play 2 player when using local remote play via PC.

Discus and support Can you play 2 player when using local remote play via PC. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using a series s, connected via the xbox app on a win10 pc on the same local network. Two controllers connected via USB to the PC. However it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AmeraTech, Jan 3, 2023.

1. AmeraTech
    AmeraTech Guest

I'm using a series s, connected via the xbox app on a win10 pc on the same local network. Two controllers connected via USB to the PC. However it doesn't seem to allow 2 player. As it's just an image from the main console and windows can support 2 USB controllers, I feel it should work but doesn't seem to.

Unfortunately, the controller's wireless connection isn't strong enough to simply have one of the controllers connected directly to the console.

Is this possible and I'm just missing something?

:)

AmeraTech, Jan 3, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here. Unfortunately this is not possible. Only one controller's input will be passed to the Xbox you're remote playing on (this also applies to cloud gaming).
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

What specifically doesn't work? The stream audio or the party audio?
    Was that not covered in the OPs post?

"I'm unable to use the microphone on my Steelseries when coneected to my PC using a Remote Streaming session"

"just not when joining a party during a stream."

Seems to me that the OP is playing using the Remote Play function but the Microphone doesn't work when in a party chat whilst using the Remote Play. the Mic works fine when directly connected to the Xbox or used via the Xbox App
  4. cjy8s Win User

Cannot turn on Xbox One from the companion app.

There is a way to do remote play via the PC though right? Or can that only be done by mobile?
  5. JcQuick69 Win User

Cannot play 2 player games

No this is not answer. All the games tried have local co-op. In cloud gaming the 2nd remote is just not recognized when asked to join (yes both remotes logged in).
    Hello frends

This is really disappointed Microsoft when using cloud gaming on Xbox game pass you can play two players in 90% of the games what is the point! Please patch!

It does work for two players when you download the game though. fyi Still I get it what's the point???
  6. Tomm_A Win User

X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

Hello HughBoyZilla,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with remote play when iOS device is connected via 5G and Xbox Console is connected via home network. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What error are you getting when devices used for remote play is not connected on the same network? The internet connection should be:

• 7-10 Mbps
    • Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network will work but isn’t currently optimized)
    • Cellular network connectivity is also available.
    2. Have you tried another device to remote play your console like a Windows PC and even connected on different network remote play does not work?

To successfully remote play your Xbox console using iOS or Windows device or even Android, make sure to set up correctly the remote play settings requirements and make sure devices used for remote playing meet the requirement. For your reference, see: How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

To get help on how to troubleshoot remote play issues. refer to this link: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Can you play 2 player when using local remote play via PC. - Similar Threads - play player using

2. Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play

in XboX Insiders
    Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play: I love playing competitive games with people who are on a level playing field, but you throw PC gamers into the mix and I feel they have an extremely unfair advantage when pitted against xbox and...
  3. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  4. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  5. xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online: Hi Microsoft! I'm looking into games for the xbox series s/x that can be played by 4 players at the same time, with 2 local players on one xbox series x, and 2 other players joining remotely via...
  6. You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up: My xbox game pass says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up" but all my settings are on allow and it still won't let me use these features...
  7. How do I use the xbox series x bluray player to play a movie offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use the xbox series x bluray player to play a movie offline?: How do I use the xbox series x bluray Player to play a movie offline? a6e82c1a-1327-4f1f-a99f-1d3018d9db3a
  8. Hi, why can I not use the multi player on java minecraft? My son want's to play with his...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, why can I not use the multi player on java minecraft? My son want's to play with his...: Hi, why can I not use the multi player on java minecraft? My son want's to play with his friends, but I can't figure out where to fix the settings. 533dfb84-1f05-4c8f-8c6d-3f6169216bd2
  9. If I want to play fortnite, could one player use keyboard and mouse while the other uses...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I want to play fortnite, could one player use keyboard and mouse while the other uses...: Could you use splitscreen on fortnite with one player useing keyboard and mouse and the other controller 9ba04da2-60d8-4c04-baf6-d7a1bcad4eb4
  10. Can keyboard and mouse play as player 2? (and player one use controller instead)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can keyboard and mouse play as player 2? (and player one use controller instead): I want to play minecraft split screen but the world is made on player 1’s account and player two can’t play on keyboard and mouse or else the keyboard will control player. TL;DR THE KEYBOARD...