Can you manually add drivers to an Xbox series S? (USB keyboard stopped working)

Discus and support Can you manually add drivers to an Xbox series S? (USB keyboard stopped working) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So a previously working (generic USB HP) keyboard just quit being recognized by my xbox? nothing has changed as far as i know. Ive seen two other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Infinaut, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Infinaut
    Infinaut Guest

Can you manually add drivers to an Xbox series S? (USB keyboard stopped working)

So a previously working (generic USB HP) keyboard just quit being recognized by my xbox? nothing has changed as far as i know. Ive seen two other similar posts that were responded to today and yesterday but nothing seems solved.

Ive tried each port, restarting, power off and on, soft factory resetting. Powering on with ONLY the keyboard connected... variations of the same with the controller connected, disconnected with both bluetooth and USB. Updating firmware.. Only the mouse works. Both the mouse and keyboard do work in PCs so i have to assume xbox got updated or something cause ive used this keyboard with this xbox for months without issue. simple plug and play.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

Infinaut, Nov 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Infinaut

Sorry to say but there is no way to install dedicated drivers or something similar on Xbox consoles.

Could be an incompatibility with this keyboard since the new update.
    May I know if you already tested another keyboard to see if the same happens?
  3. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Mechanical Keyboards and compatibility on series X.

Hello Rekt! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Any keyboards that are USB and don't need any sort of exclusive driver on Windows 10/11 will work on the Xbox One/Series X|S consoles. You will need a PC if you want to customize some of the keyboard's features, some of them need a specific software to change some of it's functionality. like LED color, for example.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

USB Bluetooth dongle support on Xbox One S?

The Xbox One and Xbox One S do not support Bluetooth in any way, and it does not contain any built-in drivers to interface with a Bluetooth dongle.

If you want to use an external keyboard, you can use:

- The keyboard chat-accessory that attaches to the controller.

- Your smartphone with the Xbox app (keyboard pops up when you are ready to enter text on Xbox).

- Standard USB keyboard.

- Wireless keyboard with its own included USB dongle (non-BT)
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Can I play Rainbow six siege with keyboard and mouse in 2023? And if so how?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can play Rainbow Six Siege with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox Series X/S.

Connect your keyboard and mouse to your Xbox Series X/S console. You can connect them directly to the console's USB ports or use a USB hub if you need more ports.

Once your keyboard and mouse are connected, start up Rainbow Six Siege on your Xbox Series X/S.

In the game's main menu, navigate to the Options menu.

From the Options menu, select the Controls tab.

From the Controls tab, select the Controller Type option.

Change the Controller Type to Mouse and Keyboard.

Customize your keyboard and mouse settings to your liking.
Thema:

1. Can you manually add drivers to an Xbox series S? (USB keyboard stopped working) - Similar Threads - manually add drivers

2. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  3. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  4. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  5. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  6. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  7. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  8. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  9. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...
  10. Can you add a manual adjustment via xbox for screen border?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you add a manual adjustment via xbox for screen border?: It is so stupid to depend on TV company to accommodate for this. I just wanted to fix this because some games aren’t playable due to not being able to see a HUD. What happens when someone doesn’t...