Can you have 2 Gamertags on one Live account?

Discus and support Can you have 2 Gamertags on one Live account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Or do I need to buy another Live account? My son uses our main Gamertags, but I fancy having a blast as well, but not on the same account (I want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by the9oldennu99et, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Can you have 2 Gamertags on one Live account?

Or do I need to buy another Live account?

My son uses our main Gamertags, but I fancy having a blast as well, but not on the same account (I want to show I'm still better...)

:)

the9oldennu99et, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Peggs Family
    Peggs Family Guest
    help with Xbox 360 gamertag to a xbox one

Hello

I have an 360 and have just brought a xbox one. I have logged into it with my live account and the gamertag that is on my son 1 uses has been loaded on the new xbox one.

Question... on the xbox 360 my son 2 has a gamer tag..... can I bring that over to the new xbox one or do I need to get his gamer tag a live membership? then some how log that into the xbox one with it so he can keep his gamertag?

From what I have read it sounds like the xbox one you can have one live membership and everyone in the house can use the live online The problem I have is son 1 get cross with son 2 for signing in on mutli online players under his gamertag on the xbox 360.

Do I have to get live member ships for both sons so they can keep their gamertags? I want them to be able to play online games together... one on xbox one and the other on 360.

Peggs Family, Dec 27, 2015
  3. LourdesBryce
    LourdesBryce Guest
    ps help me understand if I need another gold acct!

We have 1 xbox one & 1 xbox gold acct.

we use 1 gamertag. We have 2 kids that play xbox live and take turns sharing the gamertag.>>>>>>

We want to buy another xbox one and have each kid be able
    to be on an xbox one (playing xbox live)

at the same time, in different rooms, using 2 different gamertags.

do we have to buy a 2nd live membership?

OR- can we just create a 2nd gamertag on the existing xbox one which will also work on the new xbox one when we get it?

pls explain.

we are confused since there is the option with xbox one to create more than one family gamertag.

THANK YOU!!!

LourdesBryce, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Daft Badger, Dec 27, 2015
  5. So to have a second (player 2) gamertag, I need to make an extra Windows live account? What a ball ache.

ScottyDoo 560, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

7. ScottyDoo 560 Win User

So to have a second (player 2) gamertag, I need to make an extra Windows live account? What a ball ache.
  8. nickisullivan13 Win User

Keeping 360 for my toddler… how to get / manage ARCADE GAMES?

If you have a 360 and a one then you can sign in using the same account/gamertag, but if you have 2 360s you have to have 2 separate accounts/gamertags
  9. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

two gamertags one microsoft account

How do you have 2 xbox live profiles on ONE Microsoft account. Im a little confused here. Can you give more information to this please??? Like do you have 2 different gamertags that you use?
  10. BernadetteUcl Win User

new xbox live account will not log in

Why do I get a “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account” error message?

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”.

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1.Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you have just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.

3.Now switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

4.To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 3 is now free and no longer needed.

Can I switch my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

You can change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Here’s how:

1.Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2.Go to Settings and select Account.

picture

3.Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.

4.Select Change Windows Live ID. (Your Windows Live ID is your Microsoft account. Find out more.)

Do one of the following:

◦If you have another Microsoft account, select Yes.

◦If you do not have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.

◾Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

◾Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

◾Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

◾Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Notes

•When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.

•You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given gamertag every 30 days.

•You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed since the gamertag was downloaded, you’ll get an error message.

•Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.

•You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect your Xbox LIVE profile.

Why do I get a ”Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now” error when I try to make a change to my Microsoft account?

You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given Xbox LIVE gamertag every 30 days. If 30 days haven’t passed since the last time the Microsoft account was changed, you’ll receive the error message “Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account
    right now”.

Note You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account.
Thema:

1. Can you have 2 Gamertags on one Live account? - Similar Threads - Gamertags Live account

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account: Hi! I have a problem with my gamertag. I have a second account which had the same gamertag as my main one, though there are numbers on my main account’s gamertag. So, I paid the $10 required to...
  4. Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account: Hi! I can't access my Xbox live account and I can't figure out the email address I used to create it. I used the account to play Sea of Thieves on PC. I can provide Steam account that was linked...
  5. Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account: I know a lot of people have the same problem: it is not possible to move yout Xbox Live Account to a diferent Microsoft Account. For example, in my case, my sister and I created my Xbox Live...
  6. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  7. How Do I Transfer My Xbox Live Gamertag to a Different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do I Transfer My Xbox Live Gamertag to a Different Microsoft Account?: So I have both Minecraft Java and Bedrock, but my Java account is linked to my personal email (not my Microsoft account) and my Bedrock account is linked to my dad's Microsoft account (I got it...
  8. Live Account - Forgot Email but Remember Gamertag.

in XBoX on Windows
    Live Account - Forgot Email but Remember Gamertag.: Dear Recently i cleared my C drive on my PC and there was also FH4 and Forza Motorsport 7 on an account which was also lost during this reset. I Remember my gamertag but i really can't remember...
  9. gamertag on my xbox does not match my live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamertag on my xbox does not match my live account: I am currently using with all my saved progress. Nothing is wrong on my Xbox using this account. But if I sign into my live account using my same email it shows GradedWind3713 with none of my...
  10. Can I reinstate my old Xbox Live gamertag (from Xbox 360) with my new Series X account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I reinstate my old Xbox Live gamertag (from Xbox 360) with my new Series X account?: I used to play Xbox 360 with a Live account. I stopped playing for years and now I recently got a Series X. I'd like to use the same tag name, but it automatically assigned random numbers to the...