Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason ...

Discus and support Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have received about three communication bans, and I believe most of them are my fault. I don't usually get angry at people and send them hate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ivanxboxlive360, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason ...

I have received about three communication bans, and I believe most of them are my fault. I don't usually get angry at people and send them hate messages, but when I do, I get banned almost immediately. I have had people report for communication with no reason
    before, and I was wondering if that could affect my ban. Do you guys look at reported messages and conversations, or do you guys just look at conplaints and have a ban decided on that? Recently I just got angry at someone because they were being rude and so
    I blocked them. I received a message from xbox live after wards stating that I was banned from communicating. Last time I was banned was in February which was also the last time I talked to someone like that, well at least seriously. Since then I have had
    people tell me I'm getting reported for no reason, and ended up doing it. I don't know if that affected any ban. Trust me, I will never receive this ban ever again, because I have too much to lose. I've been loyal to Xbox for a very long time, since 2011.
    I am not going to let my self lose my privileges. I'm not asking you to lift the ban, but I want to know if unnecessary complaints are looked into. Thank you.

:)

Ivanxboxlive360, Oct 13, 2017
  2. files reposts profile on my gamertag?

what happens if you get banned three on xbox live and can i look at my file reports on xbox live.

GUNNERSOLDI3R, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Xbox LIVE Rep?

No matter how low your rep gets, you can't be banned for it. People will file bad rep reports all the time for no reason. There's really nothing you can do but ignore it.

Smwutches, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason ...

Any report filed is thoroughly investigated before any action is taken.

You will never get suspended just because someone reported you.You have to of actually violated the ToU/CoC in order to receive enforcement action.

If someone is abusive or harassing you online just report & block them,don't respond.That way you will be fine.

You can read about some enforcement myths here

Daft Badger, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Hi there,

The enforcement team does not use the forums. All the information on how they determine length of a suspension can be found on the enforcement site, and even this page.

Reports are investigated. If the reported incident is found to be invalid, nothing will happen to the user that was reported.

Mistress Sara, Oct 13, 2017
  6. Thanks for letting me know!

Ivanxboxlive360, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Mistress Sara Win User

Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason at all?

Hi there,

The enforcement team does not use the forums. All the information on how they determine length of a suspension can be found on the enforcement site, and even this page.

Reports are investigated. If the reported incident is found to be invalid, nothing will happen to the user that was reported.
  8. Ivanxboxlive360 Win User

Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason at all?

You will never get suspended just because someone reported you.You have to of actually violated the ToU/CoC in order to receive enforcement action.

If someone is abusive or harassing you online just report & block them,don't respond.That way you will be fine.

Thanks for letting me know!
  9. Daft Badger Win User

10. Lancearrow1 Win User

Xbox Hackers!

ps reporting only works if a bunch of people file complaints. If you have ever heard of the youtuber Minnesota Burns he gets banned constantly on xbox because many people file complaints on him
  11. HassanB Win User

Filing complaints on messages

Hello,

You certainly won't get banned for reporting others so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as reporting these specific modification lobby messages or Microsoft Points messages you can simply file the complaint under Text and Voice Communications > Text Message.
    It'll be taken care of by the Xbox Live Enforcement Team. You may also want to consider blocking communications after filing the complaint so you never receive a message from these people again.
Thema:

1. Can you get banned from Xbox Live privileges if people file complaints(report) for no reason ... - Similar Threads - banned Live privileges

2. Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one: Today I was told that my Xbox live account is suspended indefinitely for violating community standards. I appealed and it was denied with, again, no explanation as to why! This isn’t fair as I’m...
  3. How come I get banned from Xbox live for bad language and my thread gets locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I get banned from Xbox live for bad language and my thread gets locked: While playing cod zombies I went down and I asked for help and a player got mouthy with me calling me a **** a retard and everything under the sun and I get banned from live when there’s strong...
  4. How come I get banned from xbox live for using bad language in a game that’s rated M for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I get banned from xbox live for using bad language in a game that’s rated M for...: As I stated I was playing call of duty MW3 zombies when I went down and I asked players for help and a guy asked where I was and when I told him I didn’t know where I was he started bad mouthing...
  5. False ban from Xbox live - unable to appeal

in XBoX Accessibility
    False ban from Xbox live - unable to appeal: Hi! It seems like I have gotten a false ban from Xbox Live and Im unable to submit an appeal, as the enforcement system doesn't even give me an option to do so. The comment was "cut yourself...
  6. My xbox live account was stolen and banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account was stolen and banned: I tried to challenge the permanent ban, cuz i want to play, i want to purchase any content in destiny 2. But i cant because my appellation was rejected. I cant link a new account to Bungie.net,...
  7. I got banned for no reason on my Xbox live via a chat with a random.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got banned for no reason on my Xbox live via a chat with a random.: I responded to a random chat dm from someone (I assume from rocket league) today, and he proceeded to message back over 50 different messages, calling me multiple homophobic and sexist slurs, and...
  8. hello I think i was wrongfully banned from xbox live. Because I didn't do anything. İ just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello I think i was wrongfully banned from xbox live. Because I didn't do anything. İ just...: Hello, I think i was wrongfully wrongfully banned from xbox live. Because I didn't do anything. İ just play games and that's all can someone help me with it. Thank you......
  9. How in the living hell does this gamer picture get me banned for 2 days?? Absolutely shocking

in XBoX Accessibility
    How in the living hell does this gamer picture get me banned for 2 days?? Absolutely shocking: I don’t understand what is offensive about this image, it’s absolutely shocking I get banned for this [img] 067151cc-b4d5-4ee1-8d62-1075ac518ecf
  10. Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one

in XBoX on Windows
    Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one: Today I was told that my Xbox live account is suspended indefinitely for violating community standards. I appealed and it was denied with, again, no explanation as to why! This isn’t fair as I’m...