Can you get banned for recording mature content from a game?

Discus and support Can you get banned for recording mature content from a game? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm just curious, if I record a gameclip from a game like South Park Stick of Truth (Randy and the aliens) could I get banned? Just wondering.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ABLoun, Oct 15, 2017.

1. ABLoun
    ABLoun Guest

I'm just curious, if I record a gameclip from a game like South Park Stick of Truth (Randy and the aliens) could I get banned? Just wondering.

:)

ABLoun, Oct 15, 2017
  2. magicalclick
    magicalclick Guest
    MS starting to ban your account and remove purchases...

Microsoft is selling an adult game on Xbox, and it will ban you if you take screenshots (Update: unbans coming)

There are currently mixed reporting on what happens when you share a screenshot of a Xbox game that has mature content.

Ideally the screenshot you took from mature rated video game during a mature scene, it should automatically tagged the content as mature rated and sharing this content automatically should simply be filtered out on the receiving end.

You know, like how you Bing search images and the recepian will be able to filter out the mature content instead of having the person who share the content to manage that.

It would be a major hassle for gamers who start sharing screenshot of a game and forced to manually trying determine it is mature content or not and manually move it to different sharing folders based on mature level. Especially people prefer to have screenshots shared without manually doing it after a game session.

It is unclear what MS is actually doing right now. But, to prevent yourself from getting banned. Be sure to turn off all public sharing features. Thus, if you take a screensbot of some mature content from a mature game, the photos will only the uploaded as private and you will be able to enjoy your private screenshots from the cloud.

And I don't know if enabling public sharing later on will share the previously uploaded/yet to be uploaded screenshots or not. So, to just to be safe, do not enable it until you know exactly what MS will do.

Based on the article, MS did not refute the possibility and clear information on how it is done. Thus, you should be careful about this. It would be annoying to work with customer service when this happens. So, until it is clear what's going on, I would disable public sharing for now.

=== God is great. Tapatalk is ok. People are crazy. ===

magicalclick, Oct 15, 2017
  3. btrips
    btrips Guest
    MS starting to ban your account and remove purchases...

Oh boy. I've taken a bunch of boob pics in Assassins Creed Origins. I guess I should delete them.

btrips, Oct 15, 2017
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

brandiesel1, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    In case the link brandiesel posted doesn't work ( it didn't for me) then the short answer is yes.

Everything you do on xbox live must be rated E for everyone,including any game clips you record as they are shared to your activity feed.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

In case the link brandiesel posted doesn't work ( it didn't for me) then the short answer is yes.

Everything you do on xbox live must be rated E for everyone,including any game clips you record as they are shared to your activity feed.
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

8. pa1blo Win User

Canned Notice of Enforcement - Agony

Recorded nudity clips from games such as The Witcher and Mass Effect can also get you a ban.

Best thing to do is just avoid recording them at all. The games themselves are rated M.

So the content is meant for the purchased user and not the community as a whole when it comes to the adult content.
  9. Geth Win User

Canned Notice of Enforcement - Agony

Recorded nudity clips from games such as The Witcher and Mass Effect can also get you a ban.

Best thing to do is just avoid recording them at all. The games themselves are rated M.

So the content is meant for the purchased user and not the community as a whole when it comes to the adult content.
  10. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Account Suspended

Hi, if this was your first time it's okay. Permanent bans are not issued for random reasons. The enforcement team carefully investigate the accounts if a permanent ban is issued.

Now, if you don't mind waiting, that's ok

And, to avoid similar issues in the future you can store locally the content, or simply avoid recording things considered as Mature / Sexual / +18 and you should be good
Thema:

1. Can you get banned for recording mature content from a game? - Similar Threads - banned recording mature

2. My account says i am banned but there is nothing on my records of why i am banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account says i am banned but there is nothing on my records of why i am banned: I don't why i am banned but this is 9 years ago. The Info on the site says nothing to me. There is no records of bans but my account is not accessible. Any ideas what i can do to get in contact...
  3. One of my accounts got banned on forza but there's no record of it and when I play on a new...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One of my accounts got banned on forza but there's no record of it and when I play on a new...: I got banned on one account and can't access online features on forza from another account 61c2b1f4-7fd0-460a-9098-15a69dc9cac8
  4. Permanent Ban for an account with a perfect record!!! Really????

in XBoX Accessibility
    Permanent Ban for an account with a perfect record!!! Really????: I let my nephew play on my account today while I was watching him for my sis. He told me he was having a conversation with another player regarding GTA not an argument but a amicable debate over...
  5. Permanent Ban but good record??

in XBoX on Windows
    Permanent Ban but good record??: My Account was Temporarily banned then went to permanent when I last checked which is weird. And I can’t submit a ticket to defend myself. I have CC info and all types of info on there, (Off...
  6. Can't appeal a ban, says I have a perfect record but on xbox says im banned. how to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't appeal a ban, says I have a perfect record but on xbox says im banned. how to fix?: Can someone help me please, i cant submit or file a case because it thinks i have a perfect record when i really got banned for no reason, and i still dont understand why i was banned in the first...
  7. Perfect Record History -v- Communication Ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfect Record History -v- Communication Ban: Hi, I have been going around and around, following links to the Xbox Enforcement Page. My query is, that I have a communication ban, although my history is good and I have a perfect record. I...
  8. how many more times do i need to record the guys or report them to get you to ban them ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how many more times do i need to record the guys or report them to get you to ban them ?: iv got more game clips like this talking to us 3 all this week iv report them to xbox live this was side on xbox live in game chat on ark there being race and decrimnating to people there calling...
  9. Received Ban but with a perfect record/no violations reported

in XBoX Accessibility
    Received Ban but with a perfect record/no violations reported: I received a ban until October 2nd, however, when I check my account, I have a perfect record, with no issues reported. Also, when I try to do a case review, there is no "orange hammer" displayed...
  10. Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...: So my kids play dead by daylight and i see a bunch of comments in my inbox saying "Reported for camping ***!" and i just chalk it up to salty players. I have heard the DBD community is pretty...