Can you get banned for botted followers even though you didn't do it?

Discus and support Can you get banned for botted followers even though you didn't do it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I just had a whole lot of accounts follow me for no reason, I have no idea if it was trying to get me banned, or if it was to crash my game or what.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chase Graham, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Chase Graham
    Chase Graham Guest

So I just had a whole lot of accounts follow me for no reason, I have no idea if it was trying to get me banned, or if it was to crash my game or what.
    All that I do know is that my account has quite a few games on it and if it were to be banned, I would hate it, at the time of writing I have 715 followers and rising, and I am terrified that my account will be banned

Does anyone know?

:)

Chase Graham, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Chase!

We cannot really control who's going to follow us or how many people are going to follow our accounts. You shouldn't worry about that as long as you didn't do it yourself. This issue is not new and it's been happening since then. For sure the Enforcement team is aware of this issue already and won't just easily ban or suspend our accounts without any evidence or proof that we did it.

As long as we follow the Xbox Community Standards here https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards then we're safe.
  3. wpr.jr Win User

Someone “botted” my followers

hi i was wondering can i get banned for botted xbox followers someone botted me and im very scared
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Botted followers

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing unwanted bot followers. It's important to take action as soon as possible to prevent any potential negative consequences.

Firstly, it's unlikely that you will get banned for having bot followers, as this is not something that you have intentionally done. However, having a high number of fake followers can negatively impact your account's credibility and engagement rates, which could ultimately hurt your reputation and growth potential.

To stop getting bot followers, there are a few things you can do:

Change your account's privacy settings to "private." This will prevent any new bot followers from being able to follow your account without your approval.

Use an app or service to identify and remove any bot followers that are already following you. There are several tools available, such as HypeAuditor and IG Audit, which can help you detect and remove fake followers.

Avoid using third-party services or apps that promise to increase your follower count. These services often use bots to follow and unfollow accounts, which can result in a high number of fake followers on your account.

It's important to keep in mind that building an engaged and authentic following takes time and effort. Rather than focusing on the number of followers, focus on creating quality content that resonates with your target audience, engaging with your existing followers, and building genuine connections within your community.
  5. Zorg Win User

My MS rewards has been banned sing Bing. What will happen to me?

I'm in the same boat as you. My account was banned because they said I used bots even though I never did. I would just log in as soon as I got to work and know out all of my searches at the same time every day. They told me that they would never re-evaluate
    the ban even though I never used bots. So now with this merger am I also screwed?
  6. BLAD3WIING13 Win User

Device banned for harassment abuse and threats yet I haven't done any of those things

so you can't do anything about a device ban that's temporary even though you didn't do anything wrong? I want proof
Thema:

1. Can you get banned for botted followers even though you didn't do it? - Similar Threads - banned botted followers

2. I keep receiving bot followers i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep receiving bot followers i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m...: i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m getting told it will eventually get me banned. Someone help!! [img] 56a6af05-64fa-49a2-a22e-d48c27641fa4
  3. Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted: So one of my friends decided to bot me and our friends without our permission. None of us knew that you could get banned for it which is why I wasn’t mad or anything when he did it and I most...
  4. Will i get banned from all these botted xbox followers that i can’t control?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will i get banned from all these botted xbox followers that i can’t control?: i was just on youtube and all of a sudden i get all these bot accounts following me on xbox, it’s been about 3 days now and i have 30k followers, im scared i will get banned....
  5. Will i get banned for bot accounts following me when I don’t want them to

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will i get banned for bot accounts following me when I don’t want them to: I keep getting added by thousands of bots every other day and idk how to stop it or what to do, I’m mainly worried I’m gonna get banned for something that’s not my fault...
  6. Someone botted my Xbox followers and I got permanent banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone botted my Xbox followers and I got permanent banned: I’ve spent thousands of hours and dollars on that account it’s been my Xbox account since I was around 6 years old it holds a lot of sentimental value to me they denied my ban appeal I just need...
  7. My account is being spam added my bot account will I get banned for this

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account is being spam added my bot account will I get banned for this: I killed a streamer in a game and someone saw my account name in game then has me thousands of bot accounts to add me as a friend, my friend has told me that he knew someone who’s account got...
  8. Someone Botted 5000 Followers to my account will I get banned.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone Botted 5000 Followers to my account will I get banned.: Today I woke up to 5000 people adding me on Xbox. My Gamertag is “Isaiah” and I have had my gamertag for over 7 years now. I’m not sure what I can do people told me you can get banned for this...
  9. I’m getting follow botted on Xbox can I get banned for someone else doing this

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting follow botted on Xbox can I get banned for someone else doing this: I’m getting follow botted by a random person can I get banned for this 2dccf0ab-9259-4c35-802d-d674a1c5d49d
  10. Somebody is using botted followers to get my account banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Somebody is using botted followers to get my account banned.: Hey xbox, i believe someone is using bot followers to try to get my account banned. Can I remove followers? (I now have over 8,000 followers because of somebody botting my account and I have no...