Can you connect offline and online accounts?

Discus and support Can you connect offline and online accounts? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked many times, I searched for the answer and found contradicting ones, some say it's impossible, some say it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kath362, May 25, 2023.

  1. Kath362
    Kath362 Guest

    Can you connect offline and online accounts?


    Hello,

    I'm sorry if this has been asked many times, I searched for the answer and found contradicting ones, some say it's impossible, some say it is possible, so I'm hoping to find a more definitive one. I've had an offline account on my xbox 360 since I was a child and recently I created xbox live account to buy an online game, is there a way to merge these two? When I try to use my microsoft email for my offline account it just says "This Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox Live profile. Try a different account." I don't want to use 2 accounts and lose all those years of achievements. Thank you in advance for any help!

    :)
     
    Kath362, May 25, 2023
    #1
  2. Smwutches Win User

    Can you connect offline and online accounts?

    I'm not sure if it still works, but you should have the option to "Join Xbox Live" in the account settings of the console.
  3. Kath362 Win User

    Can you connect offline and online accounts?

    That's what I feared, thank you though! In that case, can I create a new microsoft profile for the offline xbox account instead?
  4. Smwutches Win User

    Can you connect offline and online accounts?

    It's not possible. Once you create an online account, it is separate from the offline account and there is no way to merge them.
  5. Donniehun Win User

    2 x 360's, 1 Gold Account and watching Netflix and gaming on the separate consoles

    Hi,

    If you would be playing offline then you can use the 2 accounts at the same time, because one of them will be offline not connected but when you connect to XBL then the online one will be disconnected.
  6. WPAK Win User

    User gamerscore question

    @Hasibullah an offline xbox live account (not connected to any Microsoft account) can be promoted/upgrade to an online xbox live account, so there is no need to do everything again.

    You can do this by signing in with the offline account and using the Guide button on the controller, and select something similar 'join xbox live'/'Connect to live' this will give you the option to add a Microsoft account to that offline profile, making
    it an online profile.

    -

    On topic, like the others have mentioned, there is no way to merge two or more accounts into one
Thema:

Can you connect offline and online accounts?

Loading...
  1. Can you connect offline and online accounts? - Similar Threads - connect offline online

  2. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. The Crew 2 Not Showing on Ubisoft Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    The Crew 2 Not Showing on Ubisoft Connect: As the recent news about some Ubisoft titles being free if you own them on Xbox digitally, I have received Farcry 6, Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla on my Ubisoft Connect PC...
  6. Remote Play Problems.. Can’t connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Problems.. Can’t connect: I have been trying to use the remote play feature and have been having issues. If I’m at home with my console, it works perfectly fine.. but that defeats the purpose. I’ve only gotten it to work...
  7. Offline Permission active, yet games require a connection to launch.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Offline Permission active, yet games require a connection to launch.: I'm at my wits' end trying to figure out how Microsoft's stuff works these days. I've got these games installed on my PC. And I've already flipped the switch for offline permissions, thinking I'd...
  8. Problem with connection. When i open any game i get massage i am offline but i am online i...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with connection. When i open any game i get massage i am offline but i am online i...: I tried remove and add profile tried restarting i tried puling out cable restarring router everything please help i just want to play :) please 34219746-c645-447b-9203-19e40809e98a
  9. Xbox Are Shown Offline When They're Actually Connected

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Are Shown Offline When They're Actually Connected: Several contacts in recent weeks appear to me disconnected when in fact they are connected. If I look at it in detail, the profile is shown fine, but in the list of all friends they appear...
  10. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...