Can Xbox stream on a public network?

Discus and support Can Xbox stream on a public network? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! I recently moved from a house to an apartment complex which uses a public network. Streaming an Xbox to my laptop used to work just fine before I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anthony Gudin, Oct 20, 2017.

  1. Can Xbox stream on a public network?


    Hey! I recently moved from a house to an apartment complex which uses a public network. Streaming an Xbox to my laptop used to work just fine before I moved, but now it won't work. I've made sure that they were on the same network and all that, I'm logged
    into the same account, tried inputting my console IP address, none of these work.

    My question is, does being on a public network affect Xbox Streaming? If not, how could I fix my problem?



    Thanks!

    :)
     
    Anthony Gudin, Oct 20, 2017
    #1
  2. ash2k83
    ash2k83 Guest
    No GamesCon Stream... Big mistake!

    They have a stream for the public tomorrow.

    Screw Sony, they obviously wanted their news to the public today to get people to think of their news.

    After tomorrow I'd only remember the MS stream and news and none of Sony's.
     
    ash2k83, Oct 20, 2017
    #2
  3. Stream All Audio from Windows 8.1 to Xbox One?

    Well I realized Play To wasn't working because for some reason my wireless network connection was set to Public which has network discovery turned off. Changing a wireless network connection from public to private required registry edit believe it or not
    - seeming a setting area that Win 8.1 didn't get right.

    But the third party apps still can't stream despite them seing the Xbox and the Xbox makes the connection sound when I set it to the playback device but they just won't sync.

    Pretty ridiculous I can stream from Android to a Microsoft device but not from Windows!
     
    Consultant1027, Oct 20, 2017
    #3
  4. Consultant1027 Win User

    Stream All Audio from Windows 8.1 to Xbox One?

    Well I realized Play To wasn't working because for some reason my wireless network connection was set to Public which has network discovery turned off. Changing a wireless network connection from public to private required registry edit believe it or not
    - seeming a setting area that Win 8.1 didn't get right.

    But the third party apps still can't stream despite them seing the Xbox and the Xbox makes the connection sound when I set it to the playback device but they just won't sync.

    Pretty ridiculous I can stream from Android to a Microsoft device but not from Windows!
  5. Magnetic Rock Win User

    Streaming Xbox Outside of Home Network

    I have discovered that the latest Xbox One 10.0.17763.4088 (released 3/5/19) has patched the Xbox so that it will ONLY stream to PC's that are on the same local network.

    I have no idea why Microsoft decided to patch this, they have provided no public explanation that I can find. It was not even mentioned in the changelog. I would really like to know why they patched this feature, I will not be buying the next Xbox if it
    does not allow streaming out of network. This was an important feature for me because I am away from home a lot.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

    Why Did Microsoft Patch Streaming Out Of Network?

    What privacy? Explain how your privacy is compromised? The Xbox is routed through DMZ or only forwarded over the ports needed to stream.
    Putting your console into the DMZ basically allows anyone from the internet to connect to your console. And if you have automatic sign in set up on your console and your account, basically anyone from the internet could request your console to stream to
    their Xbox App, and then (ab-)use your account.

    Be it by buying stuff in your name, sending nasty messages to get you suspended or whatever.

    For that reason the streaming was never intended to be accessed from outside your network via DMZ or port forwarding. If you managed to open your network to the public internet in a way that exposes your Xbox console to the public for streaming, then this
    is your responsibility.
  7. PalmettoBling Win User

    cant streaming my xbox to windows 10 via cable!

    If you could do it before, but are unable to now, I'd take a look at the IP settings your Xbox has when it's plugged in. See if the NAT changes when it's plugged in versus not. Check that your device you're trying to stream TO has the network identified
    as "Private" so that it trusts devices on the network. Public will not trust other devices on the network and can cause some issues.

    Also, are you saying when BOTH the Xbox and device are wired, or are you saying it doesn't work when the console is wired?
  8. UnnDunn Win User

    NFL App- Time Warner Cable

    There is nothing Microsoft can do about it; even if you go to the
    NFL Network streaming site
    , you can't use Time Warner Cable to stream NFL Network. TWC has to do a deal with NFL Network to provide streaming access to TWC customers; until that happens, there's nothing Microsoft or anyone can do.

    However, you can stream NFL Network and NFL Redzone through the Time Warner Cable app, which is available on the Xbox Store.
Thema:

Can Xbox stream on a public network?

Loading...
  1. Can Xbox stream on a public network? - Similar Threads - stream public network

  2. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  3. Swapping To Game chat is BROKEN for Alpha Skip Ahead, Wireless Headsets DISALLOW STREAMING...

    in XboX Insiders
    Swapping To Game chat is BROKEN for Alpha Skip Ahead, Wireless Headsets DISALLOW STREAMING...: Game chat and party/discord chat is broken. I cannot swap to gamechat while in a discord. It disconnects me completely after freezing for like 2 seconds. I cannot go live while my razer headset is...
  4. Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC: So i tried it out on XBOX PC with world of tanks & XBOX should keep this!.. Such a underrated feature that can bring in easy revenue & players to XBOX. There are people who will gladly watch an ad...
  5. Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...: Hi everyone, Quick question I have been trying to figure out how to use the ad supported cloud gaming service with my digital owned games and I have a few questions. I bought FH6 digitally and...
  6. Insider Cloud streaming from xbox series x console is not as consistent as Cloud streaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider Cloud streaming from xbox series x console is not as consistent as Cloud streaming...: I had been in xbox insider delta for months before recently getting into beta. Something I've noticed about the insider features for cloud gaming is that on Xbox when I stream the game, it's not...
  7. Beginning Ad-supported Game Streaming Test & Learn

    in XboX Insiders
    Beginning Ad-supported Game Streaming Test & Learn: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead: While in a Discord call, my buddy started streaming from his PC to the Discord call. The Discord channel is a Custom Temporary VC that will auto delete once all members leave it. I am on Xbox...
  9. Week of Apr 6 request for the streaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Week of Apr 6 request for the streaming: Can you guys add more streaming for the Xbox because I don’t want to pay a subscription for the other ones and I want to stream to more than just twitch . Also can Make it so I can read chat on my...
  10. Xbox Series X streaming having issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X streaming having issue: Whenever I go to discord to stream, i can press the button. I dont get no error messages or anything, it goes back to the call and nothing happens how do i fix this (yes i tried resetting already)...