Can Xbox game downloads and game pass be shared by siblings who share a series a console?

Discus and support Can Xbox game downloads and game pass be shared by siblings who share a series a console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My 2 sons (aged 7 and 10) are planning to buy an Xbox series a to share. They would each set up their own account on this. If they both want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ruth Flavahan, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Can Xbox game downloads and game pass be shared by siblings who share a series a console?

Hi. My 2 sons (aged 7 and 10) are planning to buy an Xbox series a to share. They would each set up their own account on this. If they both want to play Minecraft would they both have to pay to download the game or could just one of them buy it? Also could they share a game pass or would they need one? Thanks.

:)

Ruth Flavahan, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Can Xbox game downloads and game pass be shared by siblings who share a series a console?

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Ruth, as it will only be 1 console, they can split everything. Either a Gamepass subscription or the purchase of a game.

just have everything in just 1 account, and put that account as the main one in the console.

To put as main, just perform this process.

Step 1. From the Xbox One main menu, access the panel by pressing the central button on the controller and go to "All settings";

Step 2. In the menu, select "Personalization" and click on "My Home Xbox";

Step 3. Each Xbox Live account can have an Xbox One console registered as a primary device. This means that, on that console, the user of that account will grant access to all their games and subscriptions to all other profiles, as well as playing their games offline. If your console is not yet registered as primary, click on "Set this Xbox as primary";

Step 4. Note that doing this will remove your Xbox One from the primary device position of any other account. To confirm, press A;

That way, they will have access to everything, sharing the subscription and the game.
  3. choppyseize Win User

2 xbox 1 gold account, still can't set this up!

Hello

You can't share a single subscription simultaneously on both consoles.

The person with the subscription can set one of the Xbox's as their home Xbox. Anyone else that uses that Xbox can share your subscription using their profile.

What can be shared

Share your Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription with anyone else who signs in to
    your console.

Share games and downloadable content purchased from Microsoft Store with anyone else who signs in on
    your console. You can even share games downloaded as part of a subscription.
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Game Pass PC/children xbox accounts

Hello, to share games you must be sharing your xbox console as home console. Everyone logged in on that console will share xbox live and any digital games download and some DLC when applable. Game pass ultimate can be shared also as long as the main account
    owner who purchased it has the console set to XBox home then it can be shared. Play anywhere games are games that can be played on console, pc and phone if avail. Start one place playing and put up where you left off on the available electronics. Only thing
    is PC and console are different when it comes to buying things. Pc game pass is not like XBox Game pass.
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Gamesharing

"What can be shared

Share your Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription with anyone else who signs in to your console.

Share games and downloadable content purchased from Microsoft Store with anyone else who signs in on your console. You can even share games downloaded as part of a subscription.

What can’t be shared

Account specific items may not be able to be shared. Some examples are:

• In-game content purchased within the game with in-game currencies like Minecraft Skin Mashups or Halo REQ packs
    • In-game currency such as Minecraft Coins
    Certain pre-order bonuses and special edition content falls into these categories, so you may not be able to share those items as they can only be redeemed once from the account of the person who purchased
    the game."
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Family settings on Xbox One for Fortnite & Fifa

If you set your Xbox console to "Home Xbox" under your account, you can share your Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription,
    share games and downloadable content purchased from Microsoft Store with anyone who signs in on your console. You can even share games downloaded as part of a subscription. You will not have to remain logged into your account
    to share these benefits.

To setup your Home Xbox, please follow the information HERE.
Thema:

1. Can Xbox game downloads and game pass be shared by siblings who share a series a console? - Similar Threads - game downloads game

2. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  3. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  4. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  5. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  6. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  7. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  8. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  9. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  10. Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games: I have tried to stop my pc from redownloading series x games followed all advise I can read but just keeps downloading the games Tried ticking the boxes in the xbox app to stop updates etc...