Can we please get x axis inversion?

Discus and support Can we please get x axis inversion? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi fox here, I play a lot of flying games so I'm used to playing inverted, well when I play competitive shooters with my friends it always feels like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Collin Fox, May 20, 2023.

  1. Collin Fox
    Collin Fox Guest

    Can we please get x axis inversion?


    Hi fox here,

    I play a lot of flying games so I'm used to playing inverted, well when I play competitive shooters with my friends it always feels like i’m over adjusting my aim because I'm so used to playing, or well flying, inverted. Im almost positive id be a lot better if we had full stick inversion capabilities….. Why is it only the y axis anyway? I know i’m in the minority here and its probably a pipe dream but oh well worth a shot.

    :)
     
    Collin Fox, May 20, 2023
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Can we please get x axis inversion?

    Because with a plane you push down to go up and up to go down, well planes do not have reverse directions for turning. The Y axis is the up and down just to make sure.

    There are many games they do support X axis, but it's up to the developers
  3. Collin Fox Win User

    Can we please get x axis inversion?

    Most flying games actually allow you to invert your pitch yaw and roll!

    I just want the settings for when I play apex or other shooters 🥲

    I tried with just the y axis and it felt like I was trying to ride a bicycle backwards

    I know how to ride a bike

    But certainly not backwards if ya catch my drift i.e. it felt very normal playing with the y axis inverted but because I couldn’t invert the x axis it felt a bit redundant
  4. DirectedRain969 Win User

    Y-invert doesn't work for Quantum Break on PC

    I'm using a controller. Also, the x-axis inversion and y-axis inversion setting changes don't change anything. The motion for the camera is still the same.

    I just tried changing the sensitivity at the same time as the invert. No dice. Still broken.

    Thanks for your help though!!!

    Mike
  5. Haarfaager Win User

    X axis inversion

    This thread isn't really about why.

    Although if i must make the argument, the reason you would want to is because you're moving the camera. If you want you see to the left you move the camera around the subject to the right and so forth. If the subject for which you act as puppeteer in a game
    had a joystick protruding from their occipital lobe, it would be operated thusly, like a camera on a tripod

    Contrarily, I also personally can't imagine why anyone would want to do it the other way, which "most people" find intuitive.
  6. eber3 Win User

    X axis inversion

    Well that makes sense. I guess it's all in how you visualize it. Myself I tend to think of the camera as the eyes of the "subject" as you put it so moving the stick left to see left makes sense. I've never understood the default Y axis most games have, I
    always invert it... although I'd argue the default is the true inversion. But I never invert the X axis. And that is why I asked, I couldn't understand why you'd 'fix' the Y axis but then mess up (from my perspective) the X axis. Now I understand.
Thema:

Can we please get x axis inversion?

Loading...
  1. Can we please get x axis inversion? - Similar Threads - please axis inversion

  2. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  5. Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.: I'm seeing a lot of posts, and just figured this out talking to another user so figured I'd share the info. This is directly from Xbox and insider support....
  6. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  7. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  8. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  9. Make back compat easier to find in the store please.

    in XboX Insiders
    Make back compat easier to find in the store please.: For as great of a program as it is you sure make it not easy to browse for back compat titles. In the store (at least on One X, not sure if they all look the same) you have Games on the sidebar....
  10. Xbox cloud gaming in estonia please

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming in estonia please: please submitted by /u/Icy_Key_2246 [link] [comments]