Can we no longer record in-game voice chat audio using a capture card?

Discus and support Can we no longer record in-game voice chat audio using a capture card? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I play a lot of Modern Warfare and before January of this year I was able to use my capture card to record in-game voice chat audio from my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MightyMouse.GG, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Can we no longer record in-game voice chat audio using a capture card?

So I play a lot of Modern Warfare and before January of this year I was able to use my capture card to record in-game voice chat audio from my teammates. But since then I have not not been able to do so. Hotmics are a big for content and since I have not been able to record those anymore content has been dwindling. I know Xbox does not allow recording of any in-game voice audio. They only allow Party chat audio recording for clips. Didn't know if they had an update making it like that for capture card passthrough as well.

:)

MightyMouse.GG, Nov 6, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello MightyMouse.GG,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Brilliant idea you have there! That is a great suggestion, MightyMouse.GG. Though, Xbox allowed only capture of game clips through Xbox Console and Xbox app for PC, but this are exclusive for games alone. We would appreciate if you submit your idea to Team Xbox for consideration.

However, using third-party devices or software for recording your game will be up to your preference.

In any case, you'd like to suggest in-game record to be part of Xbox game clips, please submit suggestion to Team Xbox using this guide: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Game chat audio not included in recordings

Xbox clips don't record voice/game chat currently. You can record the voice on a different device and then add it to your gameplay, or stream the content trough twitch. You can also use a capture card.

But if you don't have any equipment, only the Xbox recording feature will not record the game chat/party voice.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

how do i get (record) the chat audio from my Xbox series x to my evga xr1 connected to my pc

Hello Wrong Person1

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are trying to record chat audio from your Xbox Series X by using another device. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Xbox clips don't record voice/game chat currently. You can record the voice on a different device and then add it to your gameplay, or stream the content through twitch. You can also use a capture card. To record chat audio from your Xbox Series X to your EVGA XR1 connected to your PC, you need to make sure that your headset is connected to the XR1's audio port. Then, in OBS, you need to add an audio input capture source and select the XR1 as the audio device. You should then be able to record both game audio and chat audio.

If you are still having issues with the audio quality, you may need to adjust the audio settings in OBS or on your Xbox. You can also try using a different headset or cable to see if that improves the audio quality.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Is there any way I can record my voice while I'm recording in captures?

Please also bear in mind.

Xbox clips don't record voice/game chat currently. You can record the voice on a different device and then add it to your gameplay, or stream the content trough twitch. You can also use a capture card.

But if you don't have any equipment, only the Xbox recording feature will not record the game chat/party voice.
  6. MXR Alpha Elite Win User

recording in party

To be able to record party chat audio you will need an Elgato or anything external capture card as that will capture any audio on your Xbox (Party, Game, All audio)
Thema:

1. Can we no longer record in-game voice chat audio using a capture card? - Similar Threads - longer record game

2. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  3. Clips i recorded no longer automatically upload to the xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clips i recorded no longer automatically upload to the xbox network: Hello everyone, recently I’ve been having this problem where my clips I’ve recorded don’t automatically uplod to the xbox network anymore. I don’t know why this is the case. Is it because I am on...
  4. XBox One S not showing an option to record longer than 5 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S not showing an option to record longer than 5 minutes: I have an Xbox One S with an external hard drive formatted correctly and selected as the capture location. I thought we are able to capture up to an hour on our external hard drives. The option...
  5. My Xbox is no longer allowing me to record in 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is no longer allowing me to record in 4K: I need some help! I have been recording 4K content on my XBOX ONE X for over a year, about 2 months ago it stopped working. I was able to record 1 hour of 4K gameplay before with no problems. Now...
  6. Xbox one won't record clips any longer than 24 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't record clips any longer than 24 seconds: I own the original xbox one. I have been playing MW recently and wanted to capture the final moments of some games. The clips that record are never more than 24-28 seconds on length despite...
  7. Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat

in XboX Insiders
    Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat: Let us record longer and include voice chat in pur clips. I heard it so mich every time me and my friends have a funny moment we're just like: "I wish that it recorded out voices". Please update...
  8. My Xbox one X will no longer allow me to record in 4k or 4k HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X will no longer allow me to record in 4k or 4k HDR: Hi guys! My Xbox one X which has the same tv connected as always (it's a pretty decent LG OLED with HDR) and I have tried both with and without the same external hard drive that has been used to...
  9. “Record” feature refuses to capture anything longer than 15 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Record” feature refuses to capture anything longer than 15 seconds: I have my default set to 15 seconds for my own preference, but when I switched it to 30 seconds it would only capture the first 15 seconds. When I use the option to record longer clips, for...
  10. After a recent update, I can no longer record Spotify in the backround of my Win + G game ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After a recent update, I can no longer record Spotify in the backround of my Win + G game ...: Is there a way to play Spotify or some other music in the backround while Win+G is recording gameplay? 4b9f9040-0de8-4c6e-9554-621bf329685a