Can we get the Xbox App’s Remote Control to let us browse the Edge Browser with it?

Discus and support Can we get the Xbox App’s Remote Control to let us browse the Edge Browser with it? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox App remote control has no functionality in the Edge Browser currently. I think it would be nice to use the browser without an Xbox controller in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GACM2448816, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Can we get the Xbox App’s Remote Control to let us browse the Edge Browser with it?

Xbox App remote control has no functionality in the Edge Browser currently. I think it would be nice to use the browser without an Xbox controller in hand.

submitted by /u/GACM2448816
    [link] [comments]

/u/GACM2448816, Nov 17, 2021
  2. Ezorith Win User

XBox One S - Wireless Display

Yes, you can remotely control your PC (on a local network) from the Wireless Display app provided you have ticked the box on the PC to allow input.

The limitation is that you can only control remotely using an Xbox One controller or the Xbox One media remote. If you have a chatpad attached to the controller (or other accessories) they won't work either. While the console itself supports mouse and keyboard,
    the app is not updated to use these peripherals at this stage (very much like the case of Edge browser).

So clarification - yes you can, but only with a controller.
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Xbox remote on mobile app "A" not working

The features provided are different based on which app you’re using. If you launch the Edge browser, you’ll see a bar with “Microsoft Edge” at the bottom of the screen. You can then tap the remote icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen and you’ll
    get an interface that provides buttons for swiping and tapping to control the app, as well as an on-smartphone keyboard when you select a text field.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Controller MOGA XP5-X PLUS and some issue about buttons

Oh. We had a confusion earlier. I thought that was a remote play. So you're referring to the Cloud gaming not the remote play, correct?

If it's a cloud gaming, you have to use the Xbox Game Pass app. If you experience the issue on the app, try to simply reinstall it.

You could try to access the cloud gaming using a Google Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge browser via xbox.com/play website.
  5. Jhonkito Win User

Why is dragging not available in Edge?

Hi SoraSoarzz, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I couldn't tell you, remember that in this forum we are only gamers like you, we are not Microsoft employees so giving you an answer may be a bit complicated for us but we can assume that the dragging option is not available in Edge on The Xbox console is due because the console's user interface is designed to be controlled with a remote control. The remote does not have a left-click button, which is the button used for dragging on a PC.

And Edge on the Xbox console is a Chromium-based browser, which is the same engine used in Google Chrome. Chrome is a very powerful and efficient browser for PC, but it may not have been updated enough yet to work well on the Xbox console.

Although I suppose that in the future these details will improve and things may be able to be dragged better in the console.

Best regards
    Jhon
  6. KSS92 Win User

Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc.

Hello!

Thank you thats not a bad idea ha I was just tempted by the remote for small size and just cause I would use the keyboard mostly for browsing (netflix, Microsoft Edge Browser, Xbox live etc). I do see the advantages if the chat pad too tho. All in one and
    the browser is easier to navigate with the stick. lol.
Thema:

Can we get the Xbox App’s Remote Control to let us browse the Edge Browser with it?

1. Can we get the Xbox App’s Remote Control to let us browse the Edge Browser with it? - Similar Threads - App’s Remote Control

2. Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone: I cant connect my remote play everything is enabled and im signed in on the app and console but the app just shows my pfp and says “turn on your console and sign in with your account” but it is on...
  3. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  4. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  5. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  6. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  7. Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller: I'm trying to use my stadio controller which has been transitioned to bluetooth mode. It works perfectly with in browser cloud gaming It doesn't work at all with remote play on the xbox app or...
  8. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  9. Xbox app remote control not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app remote control not working: I used to use the xbox app remote control on my phone so that I didn't have to turn on my controller and waste the battery just to start a show. It stopped working with netflix a few months ago...
  10. Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC?: Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC? A logged XBOX user may have the capability to control their windows PC with a mouse and keyboard. Technically...