Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?

Discus and support Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First off, I love that the Kinect now signs me in when it recognizes me even though I have a pass-code, and it only prompts for it when I'm not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan Gleebahls, Apr 1, 2014.

  1. Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?


    First off, I love that the Kinect now signs me in when it recognizes me even though I have a pass-code, and it only prompts for it when I'm not recognized. Thank you!

    I loved the feature on XB360 that would allow me to enter my pass-code to allow a 'one-time' session for my son to play an M-rated game, or place the game in an exemptions list that I could manage easily. The way it's set up now I have to go to my
    sons account settings and raise his age--save and go launch the game. I then have to remember to lower his age when he's done, its kind of a pain.

    By the way, the pop-up that comes up when someone is trying to play a game above their age restriction will grant the child account access to said game forever. I accidentally did this for my son when he tried to play AC4 thinking it would be a one-time
    deal. This feature isn't very cool.

    :)
     
    Dan Gleebahls, Apr 1, 2014
    #1
  2. Miss Ermine
    Miss Ermine Guest
    My profiles parental account was not a LIVE account; Now I can't recover it.

    Hey there! So is this the account that you're having trouble logging onto?

    • It should tell you what parental account it is that needs to give you the permission.
    • Once you know the address, we can use the
      recovery tool
      to get us back into that Parental account.
    • From there, you can swap the parental account if necessary to one that your parents still use.
    Does that plan of attack make sense?
     
    Miss Ermine, Apr 1, 2014
    #2
  3. GebrPouz
    GebrPouz Guest
    US Navy against Xbox One 24h online check

    I agree that its BS that they get an exemption, because that means that they can easily switch off this whole feature, why would they get an exemption? I want one as well.. No, I dont want an exemption, I want that there wont be a region-lock/import-block
    feature, why cant I use an xbox one outside any of the 21 release countries? and the US army can?
     
    GebrPouz, Apr 1, 2014
    #3
  4. C0D3 red
    C0D3 red Guest

    Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?

    I doubt this will be brought back since its not in high demand and you're the only person I have seen complaining about it being gone. I'm not really sure there is anything more you can do, sorry. Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls? :(
     
    C0D3 red, Apr 1, 2014
    #4
  5. C0D3 red Win User

    Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?

    I doubt this will be brought back since its not in high demand and you're the only person I have seen complaining about it being gone. I'm not really sure there is anything more you can do, sorry. :(
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

    My profiles parental account was not a LIVE account; Now I can't recover it.

    Hey there! So is this the account that you're having trouble logging onto?

    • It should tell you what parental account it is that needs to give you the permission.
    • Once you know the address, we can use the
      recovery tool
      to get us back into that Parental account.
    • From there, you can swap the parental account if necessary to one that your parents still use.
    Does that plan of attack make sense?
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

    Mom needs help

    The best thing you can do is check his games list and veiw the most recent played games achievement list and see if there was a recent date on any achievements. There won't be a time though.

    -

    Also through the parental controls settings on the xbox you can set up the family timer which limits the amount of time xbox can be on per day/week etc. Some info on that here:

    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  8. GebrPouz Win User

    US Navy against Xbox One 24h online check

    I agree that its BS that they get an exemption, because that means that they can easily switch off this whole feature, why would they get an exemption? I want one as well.. No, I dont want an exemption, I want that there wont be a region-lock/import-block
    feature, why cant I use an xbox one outside any of the 21 release countries? and the US army can?
  9. Daft Badger Win User

    Changing your age

Thema:

Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?

Loading...
  1. Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls? - Similar Threads - 'Exemption List' Parental

  2. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  3. Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List

    in XboX Insiders
    Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List: Does anyone know if there is an official disc-to-digital list with all compatible games? Can't seem to find one. XBOX should have a webpage that displays all compatible games, as well as...
  4. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  5. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...
  6. Is There A List Of Games Compatible With Digital License?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is There A List Of Games Compatible With Digital License?: I've tried claiming a digital license on two games: Guardians of the Galaxy and Forza 7. Both times it said that they weren't participating. Instead of me spending hours trying different discs, is...
  7. Remove from list (Home Screen XSX)

    in XboX Insiders
    Remove from list (Home Screen XSX): Hello, another welcome brilliant update. Unfortunately i ran into a roadblock. It seems when you remove something from the home screen using the new remove from list option it actually uninstalls...
  8. ***Bug*** Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) achievements are not listed on my profile as a...

    in XboX Insiders
    ***Bug*** Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) achievements are not listed on my profile as a...: Los logros se desbloquearon correctamente y se ven en la guía de Xbox, pero no se ven en el archivo de mi perfil como el último juego jugado, ni tampoco aparecen en la sección de Logros de mi...
  9. Tax Exempt Large Order

    in XBoX on Windows
    Tax Exempt Large Order: I have a tax exempt card for my organization and need help purchasing around 20 Microsoft Flight Simulator for the PC. I am unable to purchase them before hand due to strict tax rules for my State...
  10. Purchasing Games Before Release Day Makes Them Exempt?

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Purchasing Games Before Release Day Makes Them Exempt?: I would like a definitive answer on whether or not MyVIP qualifies for the credit of digitally purchasing a game that is not out yet but that I am immediately charged for since the game is only a...