Can we get better polling rate on xbox controllers?

Discus and support Can we get better polling rate on xbox controllers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Even third-party xbox controllers such as wired powera/gamesir controllers have 4 ms input latency. In contrast, xbox controller has 11 ms input... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by puneet7, May 25, 2023.

1. puneet7
    puneet7 Guest

Even third-party xbox controllers such as wired powera/gamesir controllers have 4 ms input latency. In contrast, xbox controller has 11 ms input latency via Bluetooth on PC and 8 ms wired and via xbox dongle. DualSense also has 4 ms via Bluetooth.

I am more sensitive to input latency, which affected my gameplay while playing FIFA on PC, via Bluetooth, on 11 ms input latency. It is also not fair when I am up against my friends who play with 4ms latency while I play with almost 3 times that latency.

I understand 8 ms input latency might be a great balance between battery life and latency, and it is ok to have that as default out of the box option but if we can get the option to switch to 4 ms input latency for both wired and wireless (Bluetooth and dongle) on PC, it would be great for competitive scenarios.

Input latency test was done on PC using this software:

https://github.com/chrizonix/XInputTest

:)

puneet7, May 25, 2023
  2. dysen Win User

wait so what is the polling rate gonna be on the new controllers? also i never use bluetooth because wired is much better compared to bluetooth latency
  3. ReflectingGlory Win User

It’s unfortunate, but when it comes to Microsoft; the profits are in the subscriptions e.g Gamepass, Gold, store ect. The hardware is priced great for the consoles themselves but when it comes to the controller, they still use Alpine sticks, engineers add “non longevity” foam stickers behind the triggers (madmans idea) and the high latency will probably be a standardizing thing for quit awhile. The wireless Xbox controller can be hit & miss upon the quality. Some last 2 weeks, some last over 3 years. But slowness and 11ms response time is definitely here for now.
  4. dysen Win User

i know bro. microsoft are the worst
  5. B2Bomber Win User

They're not gonna try and fix it. Yet they want us to play against PC players.
  6. elitepvp124 Win User

same issue. with xbox elite series 2.
Thema:

1. Can we get better polling rate on xbox controllers? - Similar Threads - better polling rate

2. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  3. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  4. Why PlayStation is so much better

in XboX Insiders
    Why PlayStation is so much better: So I went on r/xbox to find out why my controller didn’t work because the batteries that came with the Xbox I bought didn’t last more than a week (what a scam) and everyone kept calling me stupid...
  5. Why does xbox not follow the user agreement and help make gaming a better experience for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox not follow the user agreement and help make gaming a better experience for...: Grand theft auto 5 has numerous of cheaters i jus got done playing with one who was using a god mode cheat to kill everyone i even took several clips of the person doing so. Their account on gta...
  6. can you put hr6 rechargeable battery in xbox x controller or are better to use lr6...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you put hr6 rechargeable battery in xbox x controller or are better to use lr6...: Witch bettery is better to use? 7998dbdb-85d2-4544-a2c2-dd9d7de7dd44
  7. We need better xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    We need better xbox support: I have gotten a 2day suspension for no reason at all All I did was boot up my game to see I’m suspended I did not do any this the day before and had no warnings,I don’t even no what the reason was...
  8. my Xbox series X- witch is better?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox series X- witch is better?: Can I leave my Xbox Serious x on its side to play games or is it better leaving my system upright? 17c79344-f1ed-4d99-9ed7-555a7519ac2c
  9. Why is remote play better when using a computer?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is remote play better when using a computer?: I’ve been using remote play a lot lately. On my phone, iPad, and most recently, on my pc. I’ve only used 1 wi-fi connection for all of them but I’ve noticed that while on a computer, I’m able to...
  10. How to get better support, returned x series and all they did was reset (I tried this)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get better support, returned x series and all they did was reset (I tried this)...: I had an issue and my x series won’t download apps or update games. But once in a blue moon it does. So sent off under warranty but options for feedback is so poor. Now console returned and does...