Can two Microsoft accounts play hogwart legacy with two different WB accounts?

Discus and support Can two Microsoft accounts play hogwart legacy with two different WB accounts? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Me and my wife own an Xbox, it’s signed to both our accounts. I purchased the game on my account, set the console to home device. She tries to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jakub Szafrański, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Can two Microsoft accounts play hogwart legacy with two different WB accounts?

Hi,

Me and my wife own an Xbox, it’s signed to both our accounts.

I purchased the game on my account, set the console to home device.

She tries to play on her account (logging using her Microsoft account).

The game seems to only recognize my Microsoft account, and thus she cannot receive her rewards for linking the WB account.

Ideally we would both want to use our WB accounts, since we linked them independently to our individual Microsoft account. Is that possible?

:)

Jakub Szafrański, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jakub! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since you owned the game, make sure to set your account's home Xbox to her console. That would let her play the game. In regard to the game rewards, that would depend on the terms by the game publisher. I don't think she could earn those rewards since she doesn't own the game but only your account.
  3. StickDG Win User

Hogwarts Legacy suddenly says I don't own it

Microsoft is obvisiously clueless. At least the kind people at WB are investigating this:

https://portkeygamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/16628349635603-Known-Issue-Hogwarts-Legacy-Xbox-One-0x82d40003-and-0x82d40005-Errors
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Harry Potter Legacy Console Installation

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help. If I may ask, are you able to check the game Hogwarts legacy Xbox One version or the Digital Deluxe version, if it's installable on your Xbox One console?

Since you have purchased the game Hogwarts Legacy: Digital Deluxe Edition, indeed you should be able to access the game on Xbox One console.

You will need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps in order to fix this. Please remove your Microsoft account (Where the game Hogwarts Legacy was purchased) from your Xbox One console > restart your console > re-add your Microsoft account > then check to see if it works here's how to remove your account:

1.Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2.Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3.Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

> then restart your console and proceed with re-adding your Microsoft account. You've got nothing to worry as this will not delete your saved data progress.

Then check if you can install the game Hogwarts Legacy: Digital Deluxe Edition or Hogwarts Legacy: Xbox One version on your Xbox One console.

Reference links:

https://www.xbox.com/en-in/games/store/hogwarts...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/faq

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legacy-deluxe-edi...

​​​​​Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Rachit Saxena1 Win User

Hi Folks, Need help with upgrading a gifted version of an Xbox game - i Bought the game compatible with Xbox X|S rather than Xbox One.

Which edition did you buy

There is two

Legacy and legacy gold

Legacy had both

You just need to find the xbox one copy in yoir ready to install library
    I bought this version - https://www.xbox.com/en-in/games/store/hogwarts-legacy-xbox-series-x-s-version/9mt5nj5w7b8z

Should have bought this one - Hogwarts Legacy: Digital Deluxe Edition - https://www.xbox.com/en-IN/games/store/hogwarts-legacy-digital-deluxe-edition/9MW10GX140N1/0010

Thank you for helping out.

Thanks
  6. PulidoV666 Win User

Two different accounts

Hello Brendon, try to log in again with your account, sometimes the code you see after the # is a code for the system, locate it easier, sometimes it appears and sometimes it does not, but while you can enter your account it does not mean that have two,
    son the same. Greetings and stay safe. :)
Thema:

1. Can two Microsoft accounts play hogwart legacy with two different WB accounts? - Similar Threads - Microsoft accounts play

2. I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...: I just bought Minecraft on my new Nintendo Switch. I'm trying to link my accounts, but I'm having trouble doing that. I've been able to sign into my existing Microsoft account and play. However it...
  3. Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5: We are getting this message : Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.... Please ensure your online safety settings allow Multiplayer...etc. My son is trying to...
  4. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  5. I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...: I have confirmed that the account I am currently signed into has over 1800 Gamerscore for "Minecraft for Windows." I was aware that there was some account migration thing going on, but since I had...
  6. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  7. I have a Microsoft account (Xbox) I recently switched to PS5 and tried to play minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Microsoft account (Xbox) I recently switched to PS5 and tried to play minecraft...: I have a Microsoft account (Xbox) I recently switched to PS5 and tried to play minecraft and sign in with my Microsoft account and it said I couldn't because it was linked to another account. I've...
  8. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  9. I am logged in on both my Microsoft and Nintendo accounts but i still can't play servers....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am logged in on both my Microsoft and Nintendo accounts but i still can't play servers....: it says that "you cannot join cross-platform games without both a microsoft account and a nintendo account. Sign in with both accounts to join Servers." a67d4412-cf25-4f14-a3a0-264eeaabe1c7
  10. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: have done everything in family settings but still this message pops up every time i try to play games now and I've never changed anything please help. 4846ed81-c8df-46b9-be96-4fd2c2ee0648