Can the original xbox one still play on a 4k tv even though it can't play 4k games?

Discus and support Can the original xbox one still play on a 4k tv even though it can't play 4k games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will the original xbox one play on a 4k tv? I know that it won't play in 4k but will there be any issues using it in 1080p on a 4k tv?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by R33C3Y Pi3, Mar 25, 2023.

1. R33C3Y Pi3
    R33C3Y Pi3 Guest

Can the original xbox one still play on a 4k tv even though it can't play 4k games?

Will the original xbox one play on a 4k tv? I know that it won't play in 4k but will there be any issues using it in 1080p on a 4k tv?

:)

R33C3Y Pi3, Mar 25, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes but no but watch what your tv does.

Samsung on most models will upscale which doesn't always turn out good

You can check yoir tv user manual to check

I never had a problem.with samsung upscaling but I have q tu model
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

Yes, the original Xbox One can still be used on a 4K TV even though it doesn't support 4K gaming. However, it will only output at a maximum resolution of 1080p. When you connect your Xbox One to a 4K TV, the TV will automatically upscale the image to fit the 4K resolution. This can result in a slightly blurry or stretched image, depending on the TV's upscaling capabilities.

That being said, using an Xbox One on a 4K TV in 1080p should not cause any major issues. The image may not look as sharp as it would on a 1080p TV, but it should still be perfectly playable. You may want to experiment with different settings on your TV to see if you can improve the image quality, such as adjusting the sharpness or turning on any image enhancement features that your TV may have.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Games

The Xbox One can't play games at 4K, You need to have the Xbox One X and a 4K TV or a 4K Monitor to get to play games at 4K and games that show Xbox One X Enhanced on them.
  5. KayKay Lavan Win User

Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

I don't think so, Robin. I had an LG OLED 4K TV. And the Xbox One S was connected to to the LG TV and I used to play 4K games. Even if that's the case to play only 4K Blu Rays, it's still not supporting.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

I don't think so, Robin. I had an LG OLED 4K TV. And the Xbox One S was connected to to the LG TV and I used to play 4K games. Even if that's the case to play only 4K Blu Rays, it's still not supporting.
    The Xbox One S plays games at 1080p but if played on a 4K screen, it upscales it to 4K,

The One X is needed for true native 4K,

I upgraded my Xbox One to the One S at launch to get full use out the 4K media content,

Then i upgraded my One S to the One X at launch to play games and media at true 4K,

seeing that you've already tried what i would have suggested, I'm not sure of what else you can try.
Thema:

1. Can the original xbox one still play on a 4k tv even though it can't play 4k games? - Similar Threads - original still play

2. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  5. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  6. Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??: Hello, I found a original Xbox One Console at a thrift store several months ago and it seems to have lifetime game pass because once I signed into it I am able to download games from game pass...
  7. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  8. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  9. Does the in game store on Arkham origins still work

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the in game store on Arkham origins still work: Can I still buy docs from the in game store on Batman Arkham origins 64fbf1a0-a9a0-4806-bb58-67e119dfc0d3
  10. Does anyone know if the Batman Arkham origins season pass is still purchasable on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if the Batman Arkham origins season pass is still purchasable on the Xbox 360: Can I buy the Batman Arkham origins season pass on the Xbox 360 store 59aa464c-e8af-42f0-9364-b2388afa1e5f