Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?

Discus and support Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I test my download speed and connection it’s upwards of 1000Mbps Download and 700 Upload. When I download games it used to be around 200-300Mbps,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AustinU., Dec 5, 2022.

1. AustinU.
    AustinU. Guest

When I test my download speed and connection it’s upwards of 1000Mbps Download and 700 Upload. When I download games it used to be around 200-300Mbps, after setting network settings to automatic it broke it and now I’m getting 1-20Mbps. I cleared my MAC address and have restarted but it’s not going back up. How do I fix this? I would LOVE my high download speed back.

:)

AustinU., Dec 5, 2022
  2. AustinU. Win User

I’m on the Xbox Series X. The issue hasn’t resolved itself. The download speed is so bad. How can my download speed go from 100-300 Mbps all the way down to 3Mbpa by switching my networks settings to automatic.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello AustinU,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having issue on downloading speed on your PC, it will go below the speed spec of your PC. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions about it.

1. May we know if this happening to all games?
    2. What games did you have this kind of experience?
    3. Did you check Wi-Fi on your Mac, Wi-Fi router or network?
    4. Have you check your broadband provider's network?
    5. Web Browser, Malware updated?
    6. Do you have windows on your Mac?
    Normally download/upload speed issues depend on the network provider or to your Internet Service Provider. It would be of great help if you can get in touch with them for accurate guidance.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello AustinU.

I hope you are well. I feel like you still need help with your concern, and I would love to give you additional information/troubleshooting for your concern.

Based on my additional research, and consultations from other technical experts, we have gathered the following results. Please try to follow the additional steps below.

Solution 1:

If you’ve set your games to update automatically, chances are you’ve used a lot of network bandwidth recently. Some internet service providers limit downloads to a certain number of gigabytes, too. If you have a data cap and you're close to your monthly limit, here’s how to restrict your downloads to just the games you're going to play soon:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.
    2. Clear the check box next to Keep my games & apps up to date.
    You may check on this article.

Solution 2:

• If your downloads do increase in speed, your wireless connection to the router is poor. Try staying closer to the router or purchasing a stronger router
    • If the download speed doesn't increase, the problem is either with the router or your computer.
    • You can reset your router's cache by unplugging both the router and the modem, waiting for a minute or so, and then plugging everything back in.
    Other findings.

It might be down to the fact that there are many other players downloading the update or are on Xbox Live currently which might have an impact on it. It might be a waiting game, or your best bet is to leave the update running overnight when the servers might be quieter. Servers have peak times, and it might be that we have just got caught up in it!

Hope that helps resolve the issue.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello AustinU,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. DanielKing221 Win User

Fifa 20

If you have a fast internet speed but a slow download, try closing all open games and apps. Your console slows the download whenever you're using the console, so try making sure you have nothing open!
Thema:

1. Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow? - Similar Threads - download speed fast

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  8. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  9. Fast internet, slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fast internet, slow download speed: Im confused about my download speed. I ran a network test and i gave a 300+ mb/s download speed. And i usually get between 100-200 when i download games or updates. Today im updating a game and im...
  10. Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.

in XboX Insiders
    Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]