Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

Discus and support Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I use the Xbox App for almost 2 years with no problem. I already have some games installed that work with no problem. Sudenly, this month the app dont... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by lordcabrito, May 28, 2021.

  1. lordcabrito
    lordcabrito Guest

    Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval


    I use the Xbox App for almost 2 years with no problem. I already have some games installed that work with no problem.
    Sudenly, this month the app dont Install games because it says I need Admin aproval.
    I`m the only account in this PC and is the Admin account
    I try almost everything I can find in the forums (Reset cache of the store and app, check for registry problems,) and still doesn`t work. I cant use the Game Pass or even the the games I bought.
    Please, I need help.

    :)
     
    lordcabrito, May 28, 2021
    #1
  2. Ryutaro Hasiba Win User

    Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

    Well it looks right to me. I don't see any other files you should need to make admin other than those 2 (XboxAppServices.exe and XboxPcApp.exe). I'm kind of out of ideas at this point. You did mention that you did store resets, cache, registry, etc. I assume you also did the PowerShell one that completely resets the Windows Store. I really don't want to suggest wiping the partition and doing a clean windows install, but since so many things have been changed it could not be helping us either try to solve it. I would do that as a last ditch response. Let me think overnight and look into some things and see if I can come up with anything else. We may just be at a dead end here :(
  3. Ryutaro Hasiba Win User

    Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

    Of course, is the first thing I did. The only way I find to do it, tough, is using the Task Manager to open the .exe of the App and check "Run as administrator" there, but I do it.
    Please see my solution on how to fix it here:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...es-error/921c2fe9-e762-4df5-96e3-402fc42bb46b

    I did it. It didn`t work. One of the two .exe already had the "run as administrator" check, I did that yesterday.

    Have you uninstalled the app and downloaded it again through the Microsoft Store or the Xbox PC Beta App webpage? Also try right-clicking the app in All Apps menu -> More -> App settings. Then click on Repair first and see if that fixes it, if not do Reset. Only thing I can think of atm is either it isn't the latest version or the install needs Repaired/Uninstalled/Reset. Can you also post a screenshot of what are running on the "Details" tab of Task Manager when you have the Xbox App running? Maybe there is other exe files you have to also Run as Administrator that I'm unaware of.

    PS: Repair or Reset of the app will probably reset the Compatibility "Run as administrator" checkbox, so will probably have to set that again on all the exe files you need to.

    PSS: It seems Runtime Broker.exe also runs with the Xbox App. This file is located in C:\Windows\System32\ folder. You can't actually set Compatibility options on this file so that shouldn't be the problem. The only other file is the actual Xbox.exe file which is located in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ The problem if this file is causing you the issue is that you can't actually get access to that folder in order to make the file Run as administrator. :(
  4. lordcabrito Win User

    Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

    Of course, is the first thing I did. The only way I find to do it, tough, is using the Task Manager to open the .exe of the App and check "Run as administrator" there, but I do it.
  5. lordcabrito Win User

    Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

    Of course, is the first thing I did. The only way I find to do it, tough, is using the Task Manager to open the .exe of the App and check "Run as administrator" there, but I do it.
    Please see my solution on how to fix it here:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...es-error/921c2fe9-e762-4df5-96e3-402fc42bb46b

    I did it. It didn`t work. One of the two .exe already had the "run as administrator" check, I did that yesterday.

    Have you uninstalled the app and downloaded it again through the Microsoft Store or the Xbox PC Beta App webpage? Also try right-clicking the the app in All Apps menu -> More -> App settings. Then click on Repair first and see if that fixes it, if not do Reset. Only thing I can think of atm is either it isn't the latest version or the install needs Repaired/Uninstalled/Reset. Can you also post a screenshot of what are running on the "Details" tab of Task Manager when you have the Xbox App running? Maybe there is other exe files you have to also Run as Administrator that I'm unaware of.

    I try that yesterday, and I try it again now. Still doesn`t work.
    This is a bad cut and paste of everything I had running in Details. I was going to screen only the Xbox App related .exes, but I rather screenshoot everything to be sure.

    [​IMG]
  6. lordcabrito Win User

    Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

    Of course, is the first thing I did. The only way I find to do it, tough, is using the Task Manager to open the .exe of the App and check "Run as administrator" there, but I do it.
    Please see my solution on how to fix it here:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...es-error/921c2fe9-e762-4df5-96e3-402fc42bb46b

    I did it. It didn`t work. One of the two .exe already had the "run as administrator" check, I did that yesterday.
Thema:

Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval

Loading...
  1. Can`t install games on Xbox App - It ask for admin aproval - Similar Threads - Can`t install games

  2. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  3. XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!: [IMG] The chickens are invading, and we need your help! XBOX Insiders can join the Chicken Invaders Collection preview today. Check the XBOX Insider Hub to join. Jump in, take on the invasion,...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?: My microsoft account already supports my region but why cant have gamepass in that region as well this is more of a suggestion if its possible to make it available in nigeria cause sometimes...
  6. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  7. Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers

    in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers: I recently joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League and completed one of the accessibility activities. One thing I noticed is that the activity used a QR code to bring me to the Xbox...
  8. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  9. I can´t install Xbox App

    in XBoX on Windows
    I can´t install Xbox App: I am trying to install minceraft but if i i try to open the launcher, i get an error: Failed to initialize GDK. Please make sure Xbox App and Gaming Services are up to date and running. So i...
  10. I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002): When I try installing the xbox app with the installer I get this error: it seems that something went wrong, we could not install the app (0x80070002) [img] When I try to install it with the...