Can someone please explain to me why my Xbox Series X deleted my Elden Ring saves?

Discus and support Can someone please explain to me why my Xbox Series X deleted my Elden Ring saves? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Here's the deal, I haven't used quick resume on Elden Ring for months, and I always go out of my way to hard quit the game after I'm done with it. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrThorne, Jul 1, 2022.

1. MrThorne
    MrThorne Guest

Can someone please explain to me why my Xbox Series X deleted my Elden Ring saves?

Here's the deal, I haven't used quick resume on Elden Ring for months, and I always go out of my way to hard quit the game after I'm done with it. I restarted the console, and uninstalled my profile and tried to redownload the cloud data, it came to nothing.

Why is this an issue? I have lost hundreds of hours of playtime and item trading, and I have no desire to continue playing knowing that my save data can be deleted without my consent at any time, or to own your broken console for that matter. I feel ripped off and taken advantage of.

:)

MrThorne, Jul 1, 2022
  2. AcidBart2006 Win User

I just lost mine as well.. 206 hours.. I can’t believe it.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi MrThorne! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This could be for many different reasons, unfortunately there's no way for anyone to give you the reason on your specific situation

As this doesn't happen on other games unless you haven't saved the game properly, you can contact the game developer and try to recover lost progress or items with them

https://support.bandainamcoent.com/hc/en-us/cat...

As I understand, this happens on all devices compatible with this gamer
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

On my previous reply, never said it was the developer fault, what I said is you could try contacting them to recover the loss progress, and I specified items, because only the game developers can give in game items, Xbox doesn't have access to this

Xbox series X has cloud saves and local saves, unless the game is not designed to save locally then it will only work on the cloud
  5. MrThorne Win User

Sure enough Bandai can't do anything. Why the Xbox Series X doesn't have a way to specifically turn off cloud sync is ridiculous, and shame on you for pointing the blame at the developers. If I wasn't on the hook for this console I would get rid of it, but instead I'm going to need to shell out for an external drive to keep my data safe and add another step to the already convoluted mess that is turning off the damned thing. I did everything right, I don't deserve this, especially since I paid for it.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Elden ring can't load save data

Hello Anthony,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issue loading your game saved data with Elden Ring on your new Xbox Series X. Based on the steps you've already taken, it sounds like you've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps. Let us perform some other steps that can help resolve your concern.

One thing you can try is to check if there are any updates available for the game. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox dashboard, select Elden Ring, and then press the "Menu" button on your controller. From there, select "Manage game & add-ons" and then "Updates." If there are any updates available, make sure to install them.

If that doesn't work, you can try deleting your saved game data for Elden Ring. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox dashboard, select Elden Ring, and then press the "Menu" button on your controller. From there, select "Manage game & add-ons" and then "Saved data." Delete any saved data for Elden Ring and then try launching the game again.

If none of these steps work, you may want to reach out to the game's developer or publisher for further assistance.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Can someone please explain to me why my Xbox Series X deleted my Elden Ring saves? - Similar Threads - someone please explain

2. Can someone please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone please help me: So I was watching YouTube on my xbox and than I randomly got suspended permanently and I didn't even do anything wrong ever so than I sent an appeal but it got denied what do I do now did I just...
  3. [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?

in XboX Insiders
    [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?: I don't know who contact, I love Xbox but I'm having problems, my xbox can't install offline update, my xbox internal storage got damage and I had to replace once replaced I try to restore my xbox...
  4. So please someone who can tell me what in this post is bad.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So please someone who can tell me what in this post is bad.: My LFG "The Victorius Republic Get Interested for more info". For Stat wars Battle front 2. Just a group to play the game with. You know a Looking for group post on the looking for group forum....
  5. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  6. Can someone help me please

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone help me please: My Microsoft Edge on the Xbox series s, consistently crashes from the microphone permission. I can't enable it, block it, or exit it out without edge crashing every single time. I reset my Xbox...
  7. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  8. Can I please speak to someone about this

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I please speak to someone about this: 2 months ago I sent in a submit case review and it was about my Xbox being hacked by someone and they said the n word to their account and then they reported me because of the discord dispute that...
  9. Someone please help with my ping

in XboX Insiders
    Someone please help with my ping: Lately on my Xbox I’ve been getting low latency to high latency it will go 30ms 100ms 30ms 500ms and back and forth. A couple days ago my latency has been perfectly fine but now it’s horrible I...
  10. Please someone knows how to fix this for ark ascended? I've tried everything on Youtube on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please someone knows how to fix this for ark ascended? I've tried everything on Youtube on...: Can't open the game, I receive this every time Fatal error! Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000001340 0x00007ff6bbdb8cba...