Can someone help with my xbox one controller not working on my pc?

Discus and support Can someone help with my xbox one controller not working on my pc? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox one controller is recognized on bluetooth by my windows 11 pc, but does not work. It is not recognized by steam either. I have made sure that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paul Someone, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Paul Someone
    Paul Someone Guest

My xbox one controller is recognized on bluetooth by my windows 11 pc, but does not work. It is not recognized by steam either. I have made sure that my pc and controller are up to date and have restarted my pc many times. Does anyone have a solution?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

Paul Someone, Jun 4, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Paul Someone,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It sounds like your Xbox One controller is not working properly on your PC with Windows 11 and Steam. There are a few possible reasons for this problem and some steps you can take to fix it.

One reason could be that your controller is not paired correctly with your PC. To pair your controller, press and hold the pairing button on the controller until the Xbox button flashes rapidly. Then, on your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and select Add Bluetooth or other device. Choose Everything else and then select Xbox Wireless Controller. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the pairing process.

Please see: Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

Another reason could be that your controller driver is outdated or corrupted. To update or reinstall your controller driver, go to Device Manager on your PC and find Xbox Wireless Controller under Bluetooth or Human Interface Devices. Right-click on it and select Update driver or Uninstall device. Then, restart your PC and reconnect your controller.

A third reason could be that your Steam settings are interfering with your controller input. To check your Steam settings, open Steam and go to Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings. Make sure that Xbox Configuration Support is enabled and that your controller is detected by Steam. You can also try different controller profiles or calibrate your controller from this menu.

Also see: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue and enjoy gaming on your PC with your Xbox One controller. If you still have problems, please contact us again and we will assist you further.
  4. AssyrianEagle Win User

xbox one X controller keeps disconnecting!!

Yes I connected the controller to my PC and it's working fine. And yeah, my Xbox One X is close to my PS3, PS4, TV, and PC. But even with my past Xbox One X system that was placed beside my other systems and didn't have this problem. So, what can we do?
    Because yesterday I did the reset thing and the controller connected to my Xbox One X and now same problem. Any help? Thanks.
  5. TFH_0815 Win User

Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore

Mhh nobody got an idea? Can't believe i'm the only one with this Problem. Perhaps someone here has still working wireless Xbox 360 controllers on his/her Windows 10 PC or can even confirm that the wireless controllers don't work anymore...

Is there any way to check for right drivers on my machine?
  6. MASTER BOSS 077 Win User

Xbox One controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Hello so I have a very specific problem.

My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC via Bluetooth anymore, it used to work however.

The controller will connect to my laptop with windows 10 and it also works when connect to an Xbox One.

My friends controllers can connect to my PC no problem.

In my Bluetooth listed devices it says "xbox one controller: paired" it never connects though, and when I "remove device" it does remove but whenever I restart my PC it comes back listed as "paired". It doesn't connect whether I click remove device and
    it's no longer listed or try after restarting and it's listed as paired.

When going to add new device it never gets picked up, but as I said it can pick up other Xbox controllers and they can connect and work no problem.

My Xbox One controller also works when connected via a wired connection.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, nothing has changed.

There is something strange going on between the connection of my controller and my PC via Bluetooth and I don't know how to fix it. Again the controller works on my laptop and xbox and other controllers work on my PC, it is specific to my controller connecting
    to my PC.

I'm not 100% sure what happened but it happened on a day I was playing Xbox One and games on my PC and I think I might have clicked "remove device" while trying to connect it back to the Bluetooth because it was taking a while to pick it up and I wanted to
    make sure it was going to get picked up by the PC since it was paired with the Xbox at the time. I don't remember the specifics of what happened but I think it was something along those lines and ever since then it hasn't worked.
    You must check your controller generation to see whether it has blutooth enables or not.
Thema:

1. Can someone help with my xbox one controller not working on my pc? - Similar Threads - someone help controller

2. Can someone please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone please help me: So I was watching YouTube on my xbox and than I randomly got suspended permanently and I didn't even do anything wrong ever so than I sent an appeal but it got denied what do I do now did I just...
  3. Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29): Hi, I have an issue that literally just started occurring yesterday on my G29 in Assetto Corsa, which my G29 has been working fine and well on for about 5 months now. Basically, suddenly my force...
  4. Pls help me or someone got a solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls help me or someone got a solution: Can you please help,my Xbox series x is not working and it turns off automatically and my tv gos to"No signal" 86010458-51f7-4c1d-9b75-51f1a714e97a
  5. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  6. Can someone help me please

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone help me please: My Microsoft Edge on the Xbox series s, consistently crashes from the microphone permission. I can't enable it, block it, or exit it out without edge crashing every single time. I reset my Xbox...
  7. I am a fan of Nokia Lumia 800. I don't want to throw it. I wish someone can help me in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am a fan of Nokia Lumia 800. I don't want to throw it. I wish someone can help me in...: I am a fan of Nokia Lumia 800. I don't want to throw it. I wish someone can help me in getting upgrade this phone. I live the shape of the phone. Is there any solution to make it useable plz?...
  8. Could someone help me??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could someone help me??: My Xbox 360 slim the black and silver one it won’t read anything and so I replaced the disc drive and then tried putting a game disc in and when it goes to play the game it sounds like the fan...
  9. Can someone please help me putting in all of the numbers for the pin on an Xbox controller....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone please help me putting in all of the numbers for the pin on an Xbox controller....: So I got my grandson an Xbox. Had to put a pin on it . I know what the pin is , but the controller is very confusing. What buttons do I use to enter the numbers 1-10 . What keys or buttons do I...
  10. Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?: I have an Xbox series X and last night I was playing Fortnite when my Wi-Fi went out. I reset my Wi-Fi and restarted my system, and when I want to play my system, I realized both of my controllers...