Can other household members join my game without having to purchase multiple copies of same...

Discus and support Can other household members join my game without having to purchase multiple copies of same... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My wife wants to try and play my digital co-op games with me. I now have an X series and she uses my Xbox one in another room. I know before we could... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LtnDrgn, Nov 29, 2022.

1. LtnDrgn
    LtnDrgn Guest

Can other household members join my game without having to purchase multiple copies of same...

My wife wants to try and play my digital co-op games with me. I now have an X series and she uses my Xbox one in another room. I know before we could share the games but now that she's interested in my games it asks who bought the game

:)

LtnDrgn, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Can other household members join my game without having to purchase multiple copies of same game?

The profile will already be separated.

But the games themselves, shared, only 1 user at a time can use.

But you can test it to confirm
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Can other household members join my game without having to purchase multiple copies of same game?

I appreciate your understanding, LTNDrgn.

Take the test beforehand, if you get the message that it is not possible, or you suffer a disconnection, then make the purchase =)
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

LtnDrgn, to share the games, your profile that owns the games needs to be the main one on her console.

Step 1. On the main Xbox One menu, access the panel by pressing the central button on the controller and go to "All settings";

Step 2. Now in the menu, select "Personalization" and click A on "My Main Xbox";

Step 3. Each Xbox Live account can have an Xbox One console registered as the primary device. This means that, on that console, the user of that account will be granted access to all their games and subscriptions for all other profiles, as well as playing their games offline. If your console is not yet registered as primary, click on "Set this Xbox as primary";

Step 4. Please note that by doing this, your Xbox One will be removed from the primary device status of any other account. To confirm, press A;

But remembering, only 1 user at a time can use the game.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. LtnDrgn Win User

Thank you very much for the quick response..... I guess I may have to buy her the games so she can play with me
  6. LtnDrgn Win User

So basically if I'm playing the game on my X series she can't play it on the one series although we are on separate profiles correct?
Thema:

1. Can other household members join my game without having to purchase multiple copies of same... - Similar Threads - household members join

2. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  3. Sharing games in the household.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing games in the household.: I have given my son my old Xbox and purchased an Xbox x. The only thing he currently plays is Fortnite which had been installed on my account but the achievements are all his. When I log on and he...
  4. 2 Devices in the one household

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 Devices in the one household: Hi, I have twin boys, aged 12, each with their own Xbox Series S set up as a family group. I am the family organiser and they are added as family members but I myself do not use the devices....
  5. GamePass sharing in same household needs some adjustments

in XBoX Accessibility
    GamePass sharing in same household needs some adjustments: Why have so many obstacles when sharing GamePass in the same household? Internet outage means you can’t play on the secondary console as main user (this is the console main user uses). After...
  6. Can we game share with 3 consoles in one household

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we game share with 3 consoles in one household: Can we game share with 3 consoles at once in one household like is there a family plan of some sort that lets you game share with your family. 6b15a210-4933-4bac-b939-7bb861a74fa9
  7. Why can I not play the same game at the same time on 2 household Xbox's with family sharing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not play the same game at the same time on 2 household Xbox's with family sharing?: I have to 2 Xbox's in my household (one for me [Xbox One X], the other for my 2 sons [Xbox One]). I and my oldest have MS & Xbox accounts (his is managed via MS Family and is linked to Xbox). Any...
  8. Multiple Xbox in one household

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multiple Xbox in one household: I have two XBOX in my house. I have mine set up in the living room as my home Xbox. My son has his XBOX in his room with his own account. I added him to my subscription as a family member. The...
  9. Game pass shared on 2 consoles in 1 household

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass shared on 2 consoles in 1 household: We have an X Box One X and a game pass. If we buy a X Box Series X and have it in a separate room but in the same house, can they both run off the same game pass or I do I need to buy it twice (I...
  10. 3 Xbox’s same household. Is it possible to all share mw2 or other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3 Xbox’s same household. Is it possible to all share mw2 or other games: Hello, wanted to see what others experience is. We have 3 Xbox’s in the same household. I know linking accounts only works for 2 Xbox’s but what if it’s actually in the same house hood and the IP...