Can only install very few games onto my D: or E: drive.

Discus and support Can only install very few games onto my D: or E: drive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I only bought GamePass today, I have all my new files set to install onto the D: drive or E: drive. Both of these drives are internal and NTFS. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AeonianAce, Dec 15, 2021.

  1. AeonianAce
    AeonianAce Guest

    Can only install very few games onto my D: or E: drive.


    I only bought GamePass today, I have all my new files set to install onto the D: drive or E: drive. Both of these drives are internal and NTFS. I can only install very few games onto the D: or E: drive and I cannot move the ones that install on the C: drive, I've tried. I have windows 11 if that's the issue? But from what I've heard it's a 5+ year old bug on Microsoft's end that they never fully fixed.

    Is there anything I can do?

    :)
     
    AeonianAce, Dec 15, 2021
    #1
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

    Can only install very few games onto my D: or E: drive.

    Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is Vinicius.

    I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

    Hey AeonianAce, how are you today? Hope you're well.

    Indeed, that's an ongoing bug with Xbox app, but soon an update will be availble which will gives us, players, the freedom to choose exactly where we can install each game and directory. Also, will give us the full accessibility within the games files as well.
  3. griffinloveday Win User

    How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store

    Games will intall onto my C drive (the drive that has WIndows installed onto it), but now I can't choose to install games onto my D or E drive, because I deleted the WPsystem folders.
  4. griffinloveday Win User

    How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store

    I formatted the D drive and E drive, but I can still only download games onto my C drive. I get the same error code on the other two.
  5. Mercurial007 Win User

    Forza Horizon 4 download fail

    So, yes, I can install only on the C: drive. It fails only both the D: and E: drives. Where I'd like to install the game, of course.
  6. Jazz128 Win User

    Unable to Install Age of Empire IV on my D drive.

    I have installed games onto my C drive multiple times however, their size was only 20gb. With age of empires 4 I require more space which my C drive simply does not have as it is an SSD with only 200gb of space.

    I do know that it can install games just not on my D drive for some reason.
Thema:

Can only install very few games onto my D: or E: drive.

Loading...
  1. Can only install very few games onto my D: or E: drive. - Similar Threads - install very few

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  6. Error installing the update (Alpha)

    in XboX Insiders
    Error installing the update (Alpha): Hello, a friend has this error when installing the Inisider Alpha update on his Xbox One S (500 GB). He even did a factory reset. But nothing wants to work. Source OS : 10.0.26100.9426 Cible OS...
  7. Xbox Insider Hub App won't Install

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub App won't Install: I've had the xbox insider app and program for a while - I went to open it and then it told me I needed to update it - it continue it fails to update and installation stops - not sure what to do -...
  8. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  9. Cloud gaming test, can't install game now

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming test, can't install game now: Alpha skip ahead. Ultimate subscription active. Pretty sure I have the update to test the new cloud gaming tier/feature. However, now when I try to install a game, the only option I have is to...
  10. Unable to access windows updates and install or update games on Xbox launcher app

    in XboX Insiders
    Unable to access windows updates and install or update games on Xbox launcher app: I have spoken to a Microsoft employee and I have been told that I need to wipe my whole pc. I’m looking for another solution. He thinks that I have a virus blocking these things from happening and...