Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

Discus and support Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently was in discord on Xbox when I started having issues with my Xbox Discord. Suddenly all audio on my Xbox disappeared through my headset,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mystie Johnson, May 20, 2023.

1. Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

I recently was in discord on Xbox when I started having issues with my Xbox Discord. Suddenly all audio on my Xbox disappeared through my headset, except for my friends in Discord call. If I unplug my Xbox, I can hear audio through my TV speakers, but that is it. I tried a different controller, and it worked for a day, but then the next day it happened on that controller as well.

I tried disconnecting my Discord from my Xbox and resetting my console (but keeping games) and neither one worked. Is there any solution for trying to fix this?

:)

Mystie Johnson, May 20, 2023
  2. adriana sanchez1 Win User

The same problem is happening to me , i have turtlebeach headset for my xbox one and i can only hear my friends thru discord i cant hear the game in the background of my headset , ive done everything i can to fix them but the audio wont come out from my headset just the discord call
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Mystie Johnson,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It appears that the issue with your headset is happening when connecting your headset to your Xbox controller. We need to re-associate your controller with your profile. See the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system.
    • Select Add or switch and select your profile.

Additionally, If your active game or app becomes quiet or inaudible when you're using Kinect in party chat or on a Skype call, your Chat mixer may be set to focus only on the conversation. To adjust the level of sound while communicating, adjust the Chat mixer settings:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    • Select Additional options > Chat mixer, and then choose one of the options.
    For your reference, see: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Mystie Johnson Win User

To answer your questions:

1. No, I am using a non-Xbox brand headset

2. My headset has always worked just fine for months

3. There is no audio on games, apps like youtube, or at all when clicking on anything

4. I do not have another headset to try on the Xbox, but my headset works when plugged into my laptop

I also tried running the Audio setup tool and I got the same results. I can hear the audio through my speakers, but if I plug in my headset, there is nothing.

In terms of the chat mixer, I tried using all 4 settings and none of them helped.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Mystie Johnson,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are having issue with your audio when headset is connected to your Xbox controller. Let us check on what is causing the issue and make sure to resolve so that you can be able to hear an audio with your headset.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you using the Xbox One Chat Headset to connect to your controller?

2. Is this working before?

3. Are you not able to hear audio from certain games or to all the games?

4. Have you tried different headset to connect to your Xbox controller?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Run the Audio setup tool.

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    • Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.
    • Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.
    Note: The audio setup options in this list will vary depending on the audio setup your console detects. The console will only display the options that are available to test.

• Watch the animations displayed as the test is running to determine if the audio is not playing back through a specific speaker in your setup, and troubleshoot that speaker if you notice any playback errors.
    2. Troubleshoot when game or app audio is inaudible during voice chat.

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    • Under Advanced, select Additional options, and then select Chat mixer.
    • Select one of the available options.

For your reference, see:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One - Similar Threads - hear discord audio

2. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  3. I can't hear anyone on Discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear anyone on Discord: When ever I connect to Discord either by Xbox or through the app, I do not hear anyone. I have gone through all the audio settings but nothing is working. It shows other people and my self...
  4. why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear: When I start xbox I cant hear a thing besides discord party I tries reseting console and controller but id doesnt work. help. Aslo I am using wired headset. 5ca6bc9c-6caa-4adc-b14e-95f5848cfcd9
  5. If i connect my xbox headphones, i can't only hear the discord chat, and nothing else.

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i connect my xbox headphones, i can't only hear the discord chat, and nothing else.: I tried everything: updating everything, using the chat mixer, adjusting audios. What should i try? I have original headset (not the wireless one) and xbox series s. Thanks, Stefano...
  6. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  7. People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S: Hi, when I use discord on my Xbox series S everything works as it should except for my audio. I can perfectly hear my friends but they can't hear me. My headsets works perfectly in any other...
  8. having issues with discord on Xbox (can't hear anyone)

in XboX Insiders
    having issues with discord on Xbox (can't hear anyone): I've been having issues trying to use the Discord voice chat integration on Xbox. I can't here anyone speaking, no matter how far they're turned up. There is no sound output from my TV or my...
  9. Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...: We don't have to be able to talk to the game chat while in a discord party, but it gets kind of annoying how PC players are able to talk in Discord and in the game at the same time. At this point...
  10. Cant hear audio on Xbox, only through discord

in XboX Insiders
    Cant hear audio on Xbox, only through discord: after finagling with both the discord and xbox apps, i finally scanned the QR code to link my accounts in order to try the discord voice feature. finally got it to connect so that the overlay...