Can only download games with game pass using VPN

Discus and support Can only download games with game pass using VPN in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I live in the US and when I try to download a game it just sits there, no error, nothing. When I turn on my VPN it starts downloading. I've tried the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamuelHouse, Mar 9, 2022.

1. SamuelHouse
    SamuelHouse Guest

I live in the US and when I try to download a game it just sits there, no error, nothing. When I turn on my VPN it starts downloading. I've tried the troubleshooter, wsreset.exe. I've went into windows powershell and typed "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers " and "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN." I've went into setting>app>apps and features>xbox>reset and repair both. I've restarted multiple times.

I feel like the fact that the VPN works should mean something but I don't know what.

Thanks for any guidance.

:)

SamuelHouse, Mar 9, 2022
  2. Francois Linde Win User

I have the same issue as the OP and similar setup - Windows 11, freshly installed and only Windows Defender as AV.

My Xbox app has been reset, refreshed, uninstalled and reinstalled, all updates downloaded and installed and nothing works. Games just stay stuck at 0% for hours. If I close the Xbox app, connect to a VPN, relaunch the Xbox app and restart the download, it works fine.

Additionally, I also attempted disabling IPv6 as OP did, but that did not work for me. The only workable method in my case is to connect to a VPN to start my game download.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Samuel, this is really weird, although it may be anything on the system you have ever tried to check if your antivirus may be hindering the download of games, do not know if it uses any in particular, but they usually conflict with VPN's and exceptions need to be configured.

Another thing to check would also be to update your Windows,checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Thanks for the feedback Samuel, in this cases it`s really difficult to know from where the issue come from.
  5. SamuelHouse Win User

Thank you for the quick response and help. The only antivirus I run is Windows Security - Windows Defender.

I'm in the Windows insider program

My windows info is:

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎12/‎23/‎2021

OS build 22000.556

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0

I actually got it working by unchecking IPv6 in control panel>network sharing>change adapter settings. Someone had posted that fix somewhere on Reddit so I gave it a go and it started working.
  6. AlexanderErben Win User

Hello, have the exact same issue unfortunately - and only for a few weeks now. No idea how this started happening.
Thema:

1. Can only download games with game pass using VPN - Similar Threads - download games game

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. When downloading games will disconnect the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    When downloading games will disconnect the internet: While downloading a game my Xbox disconnects it’s self from the internet an stops downloading what’s it’s downloading help plz 2c6a3716-a900-4d4d-b193-298d8e67b3b0
  5. How do you download a game remotely

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you download a game remotely: I am new to Xbox.... just purchased for my grandson who is 5. I purchased a game online but I cannot figure out how to download to the console. There's no option in the settings. Please help!...
  6. Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...: Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore because of an 0x87e0000f error while installing. YES IVE TRIED ALL OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING AVAILABLE, DOESNT...
  7. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  8. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  9. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  10. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b