Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

Discus and support Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I preinstalled Sniper Elite 5, hoping to play it, but apparently, I don't have permissions. I open Sniper Elite from the Xbox app, and it opens the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mikuláš Jan Novotný, May 26, 2022.

  1. Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass


    I preinstalled Sniper Elite 5, hoping to play it, but apparently, I don't have permissions. I open Sniper Elite from the Xbox app, and it opens the launcher.
    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass [​IMG]


    Then, I click play, and it tells me this:


    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass [​IMG]


    Afterwards, it says I cancelled the startup, like this:


    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass [​IMG]


    Any help?

    Additional info:


    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass [​IMG]


    GPU: a GIGABYTE RTX 3060

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core

    16g of ram

    Might be worth noting that a similar thing happened with Fallout 4, however that was about some invalid certificates.

    :)
     
    Mikuláš Jan Novotný, May 26, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

    I'll look forward for your feedback

    Hoping the best
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

    May I know if you try install the game on another disk partition? (you can create a new one to see how it goes)

    Before that would be good do this:

    Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

    Click Check for Updates;

    Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

    Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

    Then try this:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore

    Then do the same for the Xbox app:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today Mikulaš

    May I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

    Thanks for the update mate, could you try performing steps listed below:

    https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/sniper-eli....

    *This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. Mikuláš Jan Novotn Win User

    Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

    Reinstall Sniper Elite

    Restart the computer

    Fiddle with permissions. (No progress, still the same)

    Try a different local account.
Thema:

Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass

Loading...
  1. Can not open some games from Xbox Game Pass - Similar Threads - open games Game

  2. Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar: When I open the Game Bar—whether via controller or keyboard—while a game is running on xCloud through the Xbox app for PC, the Game Bar "steals" the controller input focus. I am forced to...
  3. Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...: Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it a problem with the new update? ill try restarting my console then give an update submitted by...
  4. Left pop-up menu laggy after opening some games.

    in XboX Insiders
    Left pop-up menu laggy after opening some games.: I’ve experienced this issue for a long time when launching a game: the Xbox pop-up menu doesn’t show up when invoked or becomes really laggy. This issue is still present even on Insider Delta:...
  5. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  6. Issues opening apps/games with recent update

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues opening apps/games with recent update: Hello insiders! I just joined the program and I’m excited to try the new features (the one I wanted to try is the add games/apps to the Xbox ally x main app. I am finding that the new stuff I...
  7. Microsoft store and Minecraft, says I owned the game but when open I cant?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store and Minecraft, says I owned the game but when open I cant?: Need help, I could play minecraft before, but now it cant? it say I owned minecraft products (java & bedrock) but when open only option is to pay and specific one like java edition display "no...
  8. Change button to open game hub to x and launch game to a

    in XboX Insiders
    Change button to open game hub to x and launch game to a: My friends mentioned they don't like the game hub loading before game and none of the know to just press x it seem more intuitive to press a to launch game so maybe swap buttons submitted by...
  9. Xbox error code games won’t open

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error code games won’t open: I have already reset my Xbox twice deleted readded games and apps and checked internet connections. I get these two message. Everytime. I have already talked to Xbox support they say to send in...
  10. My xbox game bar only opens audio and capture

    in XboX Insiders
    My xbox game bar only opens audio and capture: I recently reinstalled windows and now only audio and capture shows up. I can’t see the bar at the top like I used to. I already tried deleting and reinstalling Xbox and the repair button will not...