Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away ...

Discus and support Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to start the game from the title screen, I get a black and blue pop up. It disappears almost immediately, and I can not see any text on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gilby13, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Gilby13
    Gilby13 Guest

Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away ...

When I try to start the game from the title screen, I get a black and blue pop up. It disappears almost immediately, and I can not see any text on the pop up. I tried to reinstall the game and run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Thank you.

:)

Gilby13, Sep 14, 2017
  2. [Windows 10] Issue with Xbox Identity Provider App

I am able to start the game up, but am not able to get past the title screen where it says to press [Enter] to begin. Every time I press enter, it has the Xbox Live login (Xbox Identity Provider) pop-up appear, then the pop-up disappears and holds me on
    the Press [Enter] screen, infinitely looping. I have tried everything under the sun that I could find from 8 hours of research aside from reinstalling Win10, but nothing has worked. I have narrowed it down to the XIP app, and have uninstalled and reinstalled
    the app a few times in different variations of troubleshooting steps. A strange thing I have noticed is that the XIP app is said to only be 5-15MB in size, but when I re-download it, the Windows Store downloads a ~130Mb file. This has been very frustrating,
    so hopefully I am just missing a quick fix.

Thanks,

Zack

AlphaSigmaSigma, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Johnny masta
    Johnny masta Guest
    "Failed to sign in to an xbox live profile" Cannot get past title screen for Gears of War 4 on PC

Hi there. Got the game on PC and I cannot get past the title screen. It says "press enter" and when I do, the pop up tells me "Failed to sign in to an xbox live profile"

It's near instant too, so I doubt it even made an attempt to connect.

I make sure I stay logged in on the xbox app on my windows 10, but nothing. I've launched the game from the app as well, no difference. While I am clearly logged in on the PC, the game does not recognize or even try to log me in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Johnny masta, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away ...

Hi,

An outdated version of the game and the Windows 10 OS, corrupted game data, and software conflicts that occur when running a game on Windows 10 are possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue. Here are the troubleshooting solutions that you
    may perform to resolve this concern:

Solution 1: Perform a clean boot

This can help resolve software conflicts that occur when running a game on Windows 10. Click this

link
    to proceed.

Solution 2: Check for updates

By keeping your device up-to-date, you'll ensure that you're always running the latest software or hardware drivers, as we frequently send updates to resolve known issues. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 4: Run the System File Checker tool

This can help restore corrupted system files. Refer to
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions.

Catherine Cus., Sep 14, 2017
  5. Gilby13
    Gilby13 Guest
    A clean boot did not help. I checked that the game and Windows did to have any updates available. The system check found no issues. I still get the pop up.

Gilby13, Sep 14, 2017
  6. The next solution we recommend is to run the System Update Readiness tool. This can help in restoring corrupted system files. Here are the steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys.
    2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth then press Enter.
    4. Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

If the same issue occurs, kindly create a new user profile. This can help determine if this is due to a corrupted user data. Refer to

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for the steps. Make sure to set the account as administrator. Sign in to the new user account, download the game and check if the same issue occurs.

Notify us with the results.

Catherine Cus., Sep 15, 2017
  7. Gilby13
    Gilby13 Guest
    The latest Windows update seemed to resolve this issue.

Gilby13, Sep 18, 2017
  8. Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away ...

It's good to know that your concern has been resolved.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Catherine Cus., Nov 2, 2018
  9. Catherine Cus. Win User

Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away quickly.

It's good to know that your concern has been resolved.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us.
  10. Gilby13 Win User

Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away quickly.

The latest Windows update seemed to resolve this issue.
  11. Catherine Cus. Win User

The next solution we recommend is to run the System Update Readiness tool. This can help in restoring corrupted system files. Here are the steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys.
    2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth then press Enter.
    4. Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

If the same issue occurs, kindly create a new user profile. This can help determine if this is due to a corrupted user data. Refer to

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for the steps. Make sure to set the account as administrator. Sign in to the new user account, download the game and check if the same issue occurs.

Notify us with the results.
  12. Gilby13 Win User

A clean boot did not help. I checked that the game and Windows did to have any updates available. The system check found no issues. I still get the pop up.
  13. Catherine Cus. Win User

Hi,

An outdated version of the game and the Windows 10 OS, corrupted game data, and software conflicts that occur when running a game on Windows 10 are possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue. Here are the troubleshooting solutions that you
    may perform to resolve this concern:

Solution 1: Perform a clean boot

This can help resolve software conflicts that occur when running a game on Windows 10. Click this

link
    to proceed.

Solution 2: Check for updates

By keeping your device up-to-date, you'll ensure that you're always running the latest software or hardware drivers, as we frequently send updates to resolve known issues. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 4: Run the System File Checker tool

This can help restore corrupted system files. Refer to
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions.
Thema:

1. Can not get past title screen, when I press A or Enter, I get a pop up and it goes away ... - Similar Threads - past title screen

2. Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...: Hi, my pc app doesn't go past the xbox logo on the black screen when i start it, I've tried updating my computer and switching it on/off and it still hasn't worked, it just stays open for abit...
  3. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  4. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...
  5. Games won't go past a certain %.

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won't go past a certain %.: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to install games, and I have realized that it goes across all of them, starfield, GTA V, and more. I already factory reset my console, rest my console, I did...
  6. Cod infinite warfare legacy will not install past 8.7% why? How can I fix and play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod infinite warfare legacy will not install past 8.7% why? How can I fix and play?: I have tried restart, offline and clear local saved. Cod infinite warfare legacy xbox one will not install past 8.7% how can I fix this? 19e2d803-dd6e-4c29-afaa-5b5e59f22ed8
  7. Will my account be revoked for a chargeback? Purchased game that is unplayable, past 14...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my account be revoked for a chargeback? Purchased game that is unplayable, past 14...: Hello everyone. I’ve purchased Snowrunner 3 Year Anniversary version on 09DEC2023 for $55.10. The game is unplayable. After 5 minutes of play time, the game will crash and force me to the Xbox...
  8. Tv code has not been entered and we have gone past this stage

in XBoX on Windows
    Tv code has not been entered and we have gone past this stage: I have clicked past the bit where you enter the 6/10 digit code from the tv and now I can’t finish setting up my Xbox I have created an Xbox account and a Microsoft account too....
  9. Past Purchases of DLC & Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Past Purchases of DLC & Game Pass: I will be using Game Pass Ultimate to play XBox 360 games on my PC via cloud gaming. One of the games, I already purchased and owned when I had an Xbox 360 years ago, and that uncluded the DLC....
  10. Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...: My wife and I had been playing together until I was told I was out of save space on my console. After this the game has refused to boot even though I have cleared out my saves, restarted my Xbox,...