Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app

Discus and support Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Everyone,I have stumbled on to a very persistent problem with the XBOX app, I even contacted support, and the guy was very helpful but he couldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Martin Stavrev, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app

Hi, Everyone,I have stumbled on to a very persistent problem with the XBOX app, I even contacted support, and the guy was very helpful but he couldn't fix it.It has something to do with GamingServices. Anyways, here goes the full description of the problem.I am trying to download Halo Infinite from the XBOX app, so I could play campaign co-op with another friend (one will be playing on the PC, the other on a Series S). I specifically click "install" on the Halo Infinite (Campaign). Download starts, but it downloads just the base game with multiplayer and skips the campaign.Ater the download is finished (and it downloads with just 1/5 of the bandwidth available, no matter what I do), I go to the game tab, choose "Manage" and manually check the box for the Campaign. A new line appears in the queue, but it never downloads even 1KB. It just stays at 0% and nothing happens.At this point if you try to cancel this download, nothing happens.Restarting the XBOX app, leads to it being messed up, it doesn't see any installed games, and also claims "Gaming services" is missing, and can not be installed without Administrator rights. And eventually when you try to download any game it says "Error 0x87e00196".At this point the solution is to repair and reset "Gaming Services" from Apps & Features. Or the second solution is to reinstall the services using 2 powershell commands that can be found in some similar threads. Also I repair/reset or evene tried reinstalling XBOX app a few times. That is what the support guy did, that is what I do too.This fixes the XBOX app, it finds the previously installed games, everything works. Until you try to install the Halo Infinite campaign again. XBOX downloads just the base game (~37GB), and when you try to make it download the campaign, everything repeats. You have an unresponsive download in the queue, trying to remove it doesn't do anything, restarting the XBOX app leads to the same problem. Interresting thing is, if you try to download some other small game like DOOM 1993 or Age of Empires, everything is OK, the download is working.Once you try to download the HALO Infinite campaign this messes up everything and the loop of nosense continues!Doing all this on Windows 10 Pro, build 19043.2364, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

P.S. Just reinstalled XBOX and Gaming services, formatted my HDD for games. And started downloading HALO Infinite once again. Here is how it looks:

Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app [​IMG]

It is going to download just 35.7 GB, the campaign will not be installed, and once I try to install it, everything will mess up again!

And the download speed! 1.2 MB/s is the best it can reeach! My Series S downloads with 5MB/s my PC downloads everything else with 5MB/s, but the XBOX app can not go above 1MB/s!

:)

Martin Stavrev, Feb 13, 2023
  2. Martin Stavrev Win User

Just did that. Here is the result:

[​IMG]

Says there are some corrupted files.

I can provide the log too, if you are interested.
    anyways going to restart now and see if anything changes.

P.S. Resterted, everything seems to be the same. But I still have to wait for Halo Infinite to download and then check if I can download the campaign.

That will take some time with speeds ranging from 600KB/s to no more than 1.3 MB/s. So I will update you on this ater a couple of hours.
  3. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please follow the steps on this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it

Hello Bradley Van der linde,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Are you trying to download Halo Infinite on Steam or through the Xbox app?

If it's the Xbox app, can you verify that your Xbox app and Gaming services are up to date?

Open the Xbox App

• Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "About" on the left panel
    The first set of numbers under "Version" will display the current version of your Xbox App.

Current versions:

Xbox App: 2112.1001.10.0

Gaming Services: 3.60.12001.0

Also, is "Halo Infinite (Campaign)" giving you trouble or is it "Halo Infinite" (Multiplayer)? Have you tried downloading any other games?
  5. Denis Lomov Win User

Cant Install Halo Infinite campain

Hello!
    Thank you for the reply - all other games from Microsoft are downloading without any problem. This happens only to Halo Infinite campaign.

So I am downloading Halo: Infinite from Microsoft App Store - it contains only MULTIPLAYER. (Multiplayer works no problems)
    To Isnstall SINGLE PLAYER campaign - from within the main menu of the HALO Infinite I am:
    1) Going to CAMPAIGN - it says not DOWNLOADED
    2) Going to CONTOL PANEL ( Inside HALO: Inifite game itself)
    3) Going to Manage Game
    4) There opening a menu GAME COMPONENTS:
    - game - installed (square for the check mark checked)
    - campaign - not installed (square for the check mark unchecked)
    - hd content pack - not installed (square for the check mark unchecked)
    5) I am selecting CAMPAIGN (clicking on the square to place check mark) - it says WILL BE INSTALLED
    6) Pressing APPLY button - download of the campaign must start within the game menu BUT
    7) APPLY button remains PRESSED for a few minutes and DOWNLOAD doest start
    8) button APPLY becomes unpressed again and nothing happens :-\

Basically Game itself is not downloading its SINGLE PLAYER component from its own menu - tried reinstallation of the game, restarted computer multiple times - nothing is changing
  6. Unco Sam Win User

Game Services Not Working ONLY with Halo Infinite PC Gamepass

I hope you figured out the issue, but if not:

I had this problem before after using the xbox app to "manage the game" and install the campaign.

After doing the same step to uninstall the campaign, I was able to start halo infinite and install the campaign from within the game. Since then, the game starts up successfully every time from the xbox app.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app - Similar Threads - download Halo Infinite

2. Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store

in XboX Insiders
    Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store: It states it's available on game pass but it won't work, any thoughts / suggestions? New here so be nice please!!! submitted by /u/Woodburygooner [link] [comments]
  3. Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?: I have tried everything from this post, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-mcc-bugged-when-i-tried-to-download-it-how-to/3f49f0a7-a6c3-4b76-8698-a32b33e3ff7f and this post...
  4. My halo infinite game isn't downloading or showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite game isn't downloading or showing up: I have used 60 of my points for halo infinite and redeemed the game on my Xbox but it didn't go to queue or owned games what should I do to get my game on my Xbox or to get a new code...
  5. Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2: Problems with error code 0x80073CF9 while trying to download a game on Xbox application on windows 10, and on the Microsoft, cannot figure out the issue as to why I cannot download. this error...
  6. I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition: I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition. I've got a windows 10 system, and after paying for the game whenever I try to download it I get a window that says "try again later, something...
  7. Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s): Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) It gets stuck after about 99.9% I've already tried ms-store reset, ending tasks, ive tried downloading through Microsoft store. I...
  8. How can I download and play Halo Wars 2 with game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I download and play Halo Wars 2 with game pass: I cannot complete the download and install for Halo Wars 2. It is stuck at last 40mb for some reason. New game pass owner and I've come across mostly problems. Please help. I already closed xbox...
  9. halo infinite on pc windows 11 : it was asking me to download 440 GB of campaign but i...

in XBoX on Windows
    halo infinite on pc windows 11 : it was asking me to download 440 GB of campaign but i...: halo infinite on pc windows 11 : at launch and first setting, it was asking me to download 440 GB of campaign but i exited the game after 5 minutes before it finished downloading all, and now it...
  10. Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how to fix it?: So I downloaded Halo MCC yesterday and it was fine, then when i lunched it halo 4 wasnt installed, so i used the in-game menu to install it , about 5 secounds leter the game and xbox app crashed....