Can not chat

Discus and support Can not chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone know why I'm not able to chat I can hear but that can not hear me 9f3f100b-9257-46da-a39b-3f150b106bac Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by coolgirl218, Jan 1, 2014.

1. coolgirl218
    coolgirl218 Guest

Can not chat

Does anyone know why I'm not able to chat I can hear but that can not hear me

:)

coolgirl218, Jan 1, 2014
  2. fine47
    fine47 Guest
    Works only in-game chat

Me and my friend can not chat in Xbox Live in private chat and team chat. Works only in-game chat. With other friend we can chat normally. And when we are 3 in team chat it is OK too. Help us please.

fine47, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Club chat

i can not nor any member in my club access our chat and it happened today. We can chat in other clubs just not ours

TakenPaladin378, Jan 1, 2014
  4. xFR3AKonaL3ASHx Win User

Can connect to Chat

Hello,

Try a restart, hold in the power button until the console shuts down. Then unplug from the wall for about 30 secs. Plug back in and turn on.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

can t chat

Hey there Pepito!

Could you post back with the following information? That will help us understand the issue and go from there!

1. Which specific error code and message do you receive when trying to send a message?:

2. Does similar issues occur within the Xbox app? (If you can, please try messaging on the Xbox app on Windows 10, Windows Phone 10, iOS, or Android):

3. Does similar errors occur on Xbox.com? If you haven't already, please try messaging from there as well:

4. Have you followed each of the steps on our Xbox Live Message Error Solution, including adding a phone number?

Please post back with all of that info so we can assist further. Thanks!
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Headset - can not chat

Hey there Michael,

Sorry to hear that your son is running into problems with the headset. Is he attempting to use the same headset at both locations or is it different console, controller, and headset?

If he is using the same controller or same headset at both places then it is possible that the device itself could be the problem.

Take a look at the following support articles for helpful troubleshooting steps.

Give it a try and let us know of any changes.
  7. StevenBM Win User

Can connect to Chat

8. Jowster12 Win User

Can not talk in game chat

Hello,

This could possibly be an in game issue, or it could be your mic isn't set up to be used for game chat.

I hope your issue gets resolved in the long run.
Thema:

Can not chat

1. Can not chat - Similar Threads - chat

2. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  3. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  4. Chat mixer doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer doesn’t work.: I have powercycled my console, I have updated two different controllers. I have reset my console. I have slowly put in the headset jack. I have looked over every audio toggle there is. I’ve tried...
  5. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  6. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  7. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  8. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  9. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  10. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...