Can not add anyone to my son's account, VERY basic help needed please.

Discus and support Can not add anyone to my son's account, VERY basic help needed please. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased Live for my son's 9th birthday, as advised got a microsoft account, added the key couldn't see how to control his access, contacted online... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by coiaquinn01, Feb 11, 2016.

1. coiaquinn01
    coiaquinn01 Guest

I purchased Live for my son's 9th birthday, as advised got a microsoft account, added the key couldn't see how to control his access, contacted online help. They told me my son needed his own email address for xbox live, I created one, they then cancelled
    live subscription from mine and added it to his.

But my son is not able to add any friends to his account, I contacted online help again, this time I was on with them for well over 3 hours! Doing the same things over and over, at one point being told I needed to pay for an xbox live subscription too? but
    I don't play! I changed all the safety settings so he could add friends and it still wouldn't work!! In the end I switched it off in tears with nothing fixed. We have tried twice since to contact them online for assistance, each time we have been on with
    them for over an hour and have ended up so frustrated
    nothing was fixed!

Because I changed all the security settings as advised my son can add strangers in the party? (but I can not allow this as he is autistic and only want him adding the gamertags of his friends from class nas he has no boundaries or understanding of safety) The
    problem is he can not add an actual gamertag of a friend, it just says
    could not complete at this time and directs us to go online (it's done that since we set up the account (over a month) but there is no information why online Today I thought I would try again, but when I tried to log into his xbox profile
    I am now getting the message sorry there is a glitch, so I cant even see that!

I really know nothing about computers and so have found the whole thing so stressful, hours and hours spent going through it with online advisor's and I still have no idea why it is not working or how to fix it?

:)

coiaquinn01, Feb 11, 2016
  2. Redeemed code went into wrong account, now can't use it

I logged into my account and tried to add funds to my son's account and it didn't work. I logged out, bought a code from Amazon on line and then logged into my son's account and redeemed the code, but it flipped back to my account and added the
    funds there. I had two on-line chats with support to learn (eventually) there is no way I can transfer the funds to my son's account and the only way to give him the money is to buy another code. This seems very unfair, especially as our accounts are linked
    as being in a family. Then, when I asked how to complain, I was told there is no way to make a complaint - you need to post on one of these forums - which isn't very customer friendly. Can anyone help with the original issue, or to help me find out how to
    escalate a complaint.

EcstaticBloom40, Feb 11, 2016
  3. ReSpEcT Me x
    ReSpEcT Me x Guest
    I can't play COD 4

I cant dont seem to have Multiplayer, can anyone help with this?

My Xbox live account is active, but seem to be able to play Multiplayer on my son's account but not mine, why?

ReSpEcT Me x, Feb 11, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. The problem here is that you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either your son can add friends or he can't. There's no way to pick and choose.

You can adjust your son's game settings by logging in at the following link with the parental account.

account.xbox.com/.../Settings

You should be able to add your son's friends for him by logging in with his account and going to link below. From there you can search gamertags and should be able to add them on his account.

account.xbox.com/Friends

Good luck.

onyxishere, Feb 12, 2016
  5. coiaquinn01
    coiaquinn01 Guest
    As I said, it's not that the settings wont let him, I removed the restrictions. There is some sort of glitch/error that stops us from adding any specific gamertags.

I used your link to search gamertags and add them to his account, each time I try to add someone I get the message: Uh oh that should not have happened it appears you have found a glitch in the system!

coiaquinn01, Feb 12, 2016
  6. If your son plays mine craft my son would love to play with him. He is six years old.

BabyBoyRaymond5, Oct 31, 2018
  7. coiaquinn01 Win User

As I said, it's not that the settings wont let him, I removed the restrictions. There is some sort of glitch/error that stops us from adding any specific gamertags.

I used your link to search gamertags and add them to his account, each time I try to add someone I get the message: Uh oh that should not have happened it appears you have found a glitch in the system!
  8. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. The problem here is that you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either your son can add friends or he can't. There's no way to pick and choose.

You can adjust your son's game settings by logging in at the following link with the parental account.

account.xbox.com/.../Settings

You should be able to add your son's friends for him by logging in with his account and going to link below. From there you can search gamertags and should be able to add them on his account.

account.xbox.com/Friends

Good luck.
  9. BabyBoyRaymond5 Win User

If your son plays mine craft my son would love to play with him. He is six years old.
  10. xSIMPLE SIMONx Win User

Halo 3 Co-op Campaign on Legendary

i also need help in this, really want legendary achievements! would be very grateful if anyone can help me, please add me.
  11. andynan Win User

Move Xbox gamer tag to new email

Thanks. Can I ask another semi-related question?

My Office 365 subscription uses my same Microsoft account email that is associated with my sons Xbox gamer tag, call it MS1. When my Office 365 subscription renews, can I instead renew it on a different MS account (MS2) with the 365 subscription, and then add MS1 as a family member?

Basically trying to figure out how to make MS2 my primary MS account, for all subscriptions and services, so then I can basically give my son the original MS1 account.

Also I’d need to figure out how to change MS2 to be my default Windows sign in as well.
Thema:

1. Can not add anyone to my son's account, VERY basic help needed please. - Similar Threads - add anyone son's

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  4. How do I add a friend on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on ps4: I'm on Xbox 1 and want to add someone who has ps4. How would I do that.? 51e1f7ce-eb8f-4c5c-94f7-3b1332eec84a
  5. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  6. Can you add the pop player app on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add the pop player app on xbox: Hey xbox can you please add the pop player app on microsoft store please 362c070b-c143-4730-97c9-38c8f9805a36
  7. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  8. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  9. Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards?: Hello, I have been passed back and forth between Ms support and the Ms rewards support. Ms rewards support have stated that i need to add an alias phone number to redeem rewards and every time i...
  10. Can't add a different profile on my series x please help if anyone can

in XboX Insiders
    Can't add a different profile on my series x please help if anyone can: Every time I try to add my cousins account I put the info in correctly and it gives me a infinite loading screen submitted by /u/Pitiful_Ad_7766 [link] [comments]