Can no longer connect to console via xbox 360 smartglass.

Discus and support Can no longer connect to console via xbox 360 smartglass. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using smart glass on my Xbox 360 with a windows phone and tablet with no problem. Recently neither device will connect to my 360. It just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AZRUSHN, Jan 2, 2014.

1. AZRUSHN
    AZRUSHN Guest

I have been using smart glass on my Xbox 360 with a windows phone and tablet with no problem. Recently neither device will connect to my 360. It just tells me it can't find the console. All of my settings are the same. On the console, smart glass is turned
    on. Signed in on all devices with the same account. I have a feeling its a router issue, but I'm not sure. Wireless isolation is turned off. I have another 360 console that used to work with smart glass as well, but now its doing the same thing. Any ideas?

:)

AZRUSHN, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Bill Kearney
    Bill Kearney Guest
    Xbox Live Connection Error

I am likewise having new problems connecting a 360 to Xbox Live via FIOS. My Xbox One consoles connect fine. My 360 used to connect without any problems. It's only since sometime last week that it can no longer connect. What gives?

Bill Kearney, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Zirbengeist
    Zirbengeist Guest
    New Smartglass app for xbox one

I am excited for xbox one and I have already preorederd a day one console. The new second screen experience also excites me. What I would like to know is as follows: I connect my 360 with an Ethernet cable to my wireless router to minimize latency. I know
    that the new smartglass can connect via wifi. Will I be able to use smartglass via wifi but connect to live with a wired connection? Can I do both?

Zirbengeist, Jan 2, 2014
  4. jacevedom Win User

Xbox 360 SmartGlass not working

Same issue as the rest of you. I am trying to connect using Windows 10 laptop (version 1709 and connected ehternet) and Windows 10 Surface (versión 1709 and connected wifi). My Xbox 360 is connected to the internet via Ethernet. The 360 Smartglass
    app will bring up my profile but will not connect to my Xbox 360 (console settings allows for Smartglass connectivity)
  5. NShepherd N7 Win User

Xbox 360 SmartGlass not working

Same issue as the rest of you. I am trying to connect using an Android Galaxy S8, and I also tried using my Windows 8 laptop. My Xbox 360 is connected to the internet via Ethernet. The 360 Smartglass app will bring up my profile but will not connect to my
    Xbox 360, so it can not be used for the in-game benefits. I checked my console settings, and yes, it allows for Smartglass connectivity.

I guess they ended support for 360 Smartglass after only a couple of years, and decided not to tell their consumers. And so far, they've been ignoring the posts here too. Doesn't look good on their part.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work!

The Xbox Console Companion app does not work with the Xbox 360, it only works with the Xbox One. If you are using the Xbox 360 smartglass app, that is no longer supported and no longer works with the Xbox 360.
  7. WPAK Win User

Roommate hacking my xbox one!

Hi there,

As far as I know there are no ways to hack the console, but it can be controlled via Smartglass, controllers or remotes.

There is an option in the settings of the Xbox One console, that will require a profile to be on the console in order to connect to it via Smart glass. If the option is set that any device with smart glass is able to connect, then he doesn't need your profile
    (or any profile on the console) to control the console.

See the part 'Set up SmartGlass on your Xbox One' on this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../smartglass-console-setup

Let us know the results
  8. Aletuner Win User

Smartglass for 360 officially unsupported?

I am having the same issues with my 360. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7" model) and a Google Nexus 4. I tried the 360 Smartglass app on both with the exact same results as you, except mine just tried to connect to the console forever, it doesn't give me
    any error codes.

Both devices sign into Live! just fine and see my profile, gamerscore, friends, etc. etc. via the Smartglass app. Neither one can actually connect to my console, however.

All devices are on my wi-fi (no cellular data being used) connected via a D-Link wireless router. I have reset the cable modem, router, console, verified accounts (I only have one) and verified that Smartglass is allowed via the system setup on the 360.
Thema:

1. Can no longer connect to console via xbox 360 smartglass. - Similar Threads - longer connect console

2. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  5. Xbox 360 no longer connects to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 no longer connects to internet: I bought a 360 from a friend a few weeks ago and it connected fine, but i wanted to buy the halo reach edition so i got it off ebay. When i set up the new 360 it couldnt connect. I figured it was...
  6. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  7. Seagate expansion card no longer connecting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate expansion card no longer connecting: Please help! I had been trying to get my seagate expansion card to work and connect again. I was trying to uninstall a game that was saved on the Seagate and it wasn’t uninstalling. I was...
  8. Gamertag no longer connected to account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag no longer connected to account: When migrating my old Mojang account to Microsoft I was prompted to create a new gamertag. This came as a surprise, as I have a gamertag already! I just haven’t played or bought anything since my...
  9. Discord no longer connecting

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord no longer connecting: For the last 2 weeks now I cannot connect to discord on my xbox, and if I try to transfer a call from mobile to Xbox it get stuck "connecting" til it just gives up and disconnects. I found an...
  10. Past 2-3 days after mandatory update xbox s MSFS2020 world update I can no longer connect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Past 2-3 days after mandatory update xbox s MSFS2020 world update I can no longer connect...: After latest update I can not connect to servers nor Microsoft marketplace with flight sim sim. It's been down 2-3 days now. Only option is play flight sim sim offline mode. My internet is...