Can Microsoft restore accidentally deleted cloud data?

Discus and support Can Microsoft restore accidentally deleted cloud data? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to clear my local storage to get cloud data to download to the xbox again for Ark survival evolved. I accidentally hit "delete... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gumbydizz, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Gumbydizz
    Gumbydizz Guest

I was trying to clear my local storage to get cloud data to download to the xbox again for Ark survival evolved. I accidentally hit "delete everywhere". Is there any possible way Microsoft can restore that data? I'd hate to think I lost everything over clicking the wrong option on accident....

:)

Gumbydizz, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but no one can restore a deleted cloud save once we have chosen to "delete everywhere". Even Microsoft or Xbox Support.
  3. Aventhyz Win User

Offline game save overwrote cloud data

Since the cloud data was overwritten so you can't go back to the previous save, you would have to have deleted the local game data and then restored it to the previous cloud.
  4. ChopDaLyricolig Win User

bad idea Xbox Series X shows off its new removable memory card

yea thats not a good idea, i like the cloud saving better, no corruption of data, or saves accidentally getting deleted.
  5. Lyyche Win User

Somehow overwrote savefiles

If you go into your settings and cloud storage is active then your game may be saved to the cloud. However if the new game start has been saved over the old data and the old data has been deleted from the cloud there is not an option to restore it.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

R6 data loss due to sync errors

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you lost your data due to a sync error in Rainbow Six Siege.

One solution you can try is to check if your game data is backed up to the cloud. To do this, go to "Settings" on your Xbox console, then select "System," and then "Storage." From there, select "Manage Storage," and then select "Reserved Space." If you see "Rainbow Six Siege Saved Data" listed, then your data is backed up to the cloud.

If your data is backed up, you can try deleting the local saved data for Rainbow Six Siege and then syncing with the cloud to restore your progress. To do this, go to "Settings" on your Xbox console, then select "System," and then "Storage." From there, select "Manage Storage," and then select "Rainbow Six Siege Saved Data." Finally, select "Delete from Console."

After deleting the local saved data, launch Rainbow Six Siege and sign in to your account. Your progress should sync with the cloud and restore your data.

If this does not work, you may need to contact Ubisoft support for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft restore accidentally deleted cloud data? - Similar Threads - Microsoft restore accidentally

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. I cannot restore access to a suspended Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot restore access to a suspended Microsoft account.: Hello, I have a problem, I cannot restore access to a newly created and somehow suspended Microsoft account. Makes you enter a phone number and then says that the number of attempts has been...
  4. Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...: I've recently installed Minecraft Bedrock on my tablet. From what I remember on my old tablet, my worlds were supposed to be saved on my Xbox account/Microsoft account, so my question is am I able...
  5. is that possible to restore my google account if i have access to microsoft account that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is that possible to restore my google account if i have access to microsoft account that...: is that possible to restore my google account if i have access to microsoft account that are linked to this gmail? 313a0ae0-c9b5-4720-b4b8-a99e3ad33a27
  6. Xbox won't sign in to live, did restore per microsoft, now wont update after the reset and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't sign in to live, did restore per microsoft, now wont update after the reset and...: Xbox was fine. Play daily. Haven’t played for a few days, turned on, couldn’t access gamepass games, told me to log in as payed user. I was. Restarted, removed and re added wifi, still no good....
  7. Cannot Restore No-Ads Subscription in Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Android

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Restore No-Ads Subscription in Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Android: I have spoken with 5-6 people in Chat this evening and got nowhere. They advised me to remove Solitaire from all devices except the Android phone and then uninstall and reinstall the app, then...
  8. How do I restore my Minecraft worlds from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I restore my Minecraft worlds from my Microsoft account?: Hi, I play Minecraft on an Apple iPad and I’m just wondering how to recover a world. At the start when I logged into my Microsoft account on Minecraft it asked me if I wanted to save my worlds on...
  9. I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account: My brother has created his account on 2020, mainly to play minecraft. Since then there was no issues, but then he forgot the password and restored his microsoft account using his phone number. I...
  10. How do I restore my streak for the Rewards Weekly Set on the Microsoft Rewards on Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I restore my streak for the Rewards Weekly Set on the Microsoft Rewards on Xbox app?: I've been near 50 weeks in my streak, without missing one week. The May Monthly Bonus Round proves it, as it has 1 of 2 weekly sets registered, two weeks have not elapsed yet this month....