Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free?

Discus and support Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The gamer tag I have includes my previous name, one that I don't identify with anymore, and I was wondering if I'd be able to make some kind of request... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ash Stuckings, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free?

The gamer tag I have includes my previous name, one that I don't identify with anymore, and I was wondering if I'd be able to make some kind of request to get my gamer tag changed to something I'm more comfortable with. Without having to pay the $14 due to money being tight at the moment

:)

Ash Stuckings, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Ash Stuckings Win User

Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free?

I have, my only option on the site was to talk to an external partner and they told me it wasn't possible. When I asked who I could reach out to they said the same thing, that the only option is to pay. Anywhere else I could try?
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It is possible to request an exception for a free gamertag change from Microsoft, but whether or not your request will be granted depends on the specific circumstances. Microsoft does not publicly advertise a policy for free gamertag changes, but they have been known to grant exceptions in certain cases. It's best to contact Xbox Support or Microsoft Support and explain your situation, they will be able to assist you better with the process and outcome.

It's important to note that even if you are granted an exception and can change your gamertag for free, it is still a one-time offer.
  4. John P_14 Win User

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Just a friendly reminder though, this is a public user-to-user support forum. We're users just like you helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and have no access to any user account so there is nothing we can do or check from within the forum. We have no input on Microsoft's policies, procedures, or design decisions. Microsoft Support personnel do not staff this forum. I hope you understand.
  5. John P_14 Win User

I hope I can provide you with an alternative but that's the only way you can change your gamertag.
  6. John P_14 Win User

I recommend that you contact Xbox Support to inquire about the possibility of a one-time, complimentary gamertag change. Please note that these exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. We suggest that you provide a detailed explanation of your situation to the support team, who will be able to advise you on the outcome of your request.
Thema:

1. Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free? - Similar Threads - microsoft exceptions being

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 70fc8331-939e-413d-85c0-bcc8d88bbffe
  4. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 0ba05f79-6a5d-4d1f-9ffb-24d2a4d757d2
  5. Microsoft Digital Safety email

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft Digital Safety email: Violation of our policy Hello [My Full Name], Content associated with your account was reported to Microsoft as violating our terms, policy, or laws. The details are as follows: Service or...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. Microsoft: I just went to play my Elder Scrolls game as usual, except I pre ordered Morrowind,

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: I just went to play my Elder Scrolls game as usual, except I pre ordered Morrowind,: Microsoft (Routers): I just went to play my Elder Scrolls game as usual, except I pre ordered Morrowind, I have been playing Elder Scrolls online for 3years. I pre ordered Morrowind from xb...
  8. Can't find anything except In-Game DLC content to buy with my Microsoft Credit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find anything except In-Game DLC content to buy with my Microsoft Credit: When I bought and redeemed a $25 Xbox Gift Card to put credit on my Xbox 360 account, I had no problems and the money appeared in my account. The problem is that I can't use it to buy anything. I...
  9. Started xbox with new microsoft password - Everything works except audio: NO sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Started xbox with new microsoft password - Everything works except audio: NO sound: The silence is unbearable ! Help! 69b3f8fc-3b27-43ba-a7eb-d1cf79bcd69a
  10. had to change email - updated all info (except microsoft login name), now can't play DAI ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    had to change email - updated all info (except microsoft login name), now can't play DAI ...: bought Dragon Age INquisition and cannot play multiplayer - wont login to EA servers. turns out that because I used a different email address almost 11 years ago, my account name for Xbox is...