Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought

Discus and support Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So like on Nov17 I bought Forza 4 and Forza 5 today they were removed without me messaging them about it etc 07f9fd52-8f51-44c6-b25d-ce251e08a60d Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Taigauwu, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Taigauwu
    Taigauwu Guest

So like on Nov17 I bought Forza 4 and Forza 5 today they were removed without me messaging them about it etc

:)

Taigauwu, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This is really unusual but there are multiple reports in regard to the same issue with the said bundle. There is no official announcement yet from Microsoft but this is indeed a rare-case scenario, Hopefully an update from there will be available anytime soon.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Not s rare case they took advantage of a bug and they got refunded a 1 euro which was the price they paid
  4. zork90 Win User

I suggest to those of us that are from Sweden at least to create tickets or report to either or both Konsumentverket and Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden. I have in the past had good experience with ARN.

Also I dont know why some moderator seems to delete comments, maybe URLs are not allowed? If so maybe let us know instead of deleting comments it really doesnt look good.
  5. Zipplet Win User

Happened to me too. This is unfair and might be a breach of consumer rights because we paid for it fair and square from an offer shown to us by the Microsoft store.

I suggest we call their lines to complain.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Legal links aren't allowed

And you might want to read the rules.there are rules.against taking advantage of a bug and this has happened before where people exploited a bug and their codes were canceled as a result instead of a suspension
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought - Similar Threads - Microsoft refund game

2. Microsoft flight simulator save games does not load properly/ I would like a game refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator save games does not load properly/ I would like a game refund: Hello, I just finished purchasing an Xbox series X to purposely play the latest version of MS Flight Simulator.. I noticed that when I load a game from a saved flight, the game does not load...
  3. Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?: Unauthorized purchases were made on my account. Microsoft refunded the money but the credits are still showing in the game. If I want to get credits but am afraid if I buy credits these will be...
  4. Can I get a refund on the Xbox game pass core that I bought with my Microsoft points?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund on the Xbox game pass core that I bought with my Microsoft points?: I thought the Xbox games pass core was the some as the Xbox game pass gold and it was not clear so I bought it. 545f02a2-6f34-4cd3-be7a-1a16fc92e626
  5. I refunded 1 game 4 days ago and i still waiting to microsoft give back my money to my bank...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded 1 game 4 days ago and i still waiting to microsoft give back my money to my bank...: i refunded the last faith (game ) from my xbox about 4 day ago but i still waiting to microsoft giveback money to my bank acount how long to take my money back ? 8556b950-021e-4b16-acd0-45a1111cff7d
  6. I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...: I cant get a refund on a game that i gifted. My friend cant redeem the code because i bought the game from the Canadian Microsoft store and hes in the USA. The game is not showing on my purchases...
  7. Declined a refund on an Xbox game even though Microsoft have removed the game from my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Declined a refund on an Xbox game even though Microsoft have removed the game from my...: I bought the games AKKA ARRA along with deliver us mars & Horace on my xbox series x , for some unknown reason I could not play deliver us mars, said i did not own the game after downloading it, I...
  8. Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered?: Over 20 years being a subscriber of xbox online qll of a sudden two games were charged to my account that I never even heard of plus being children games at that. I live alone and have never...
  9. Trying to Refund game that is full of bugs and freezes but microsoft won't contact me what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to Refund game that is full of bugs and freezes but microsoft won't contact me what...: I'm trying to refund the new dark pictures: The devil in me video game due to it being plagued with bugs and once I was towards the end the game keeps freezing not allowing me to continue further....
  10. Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...: For some time now, I’ve been experimenting with games, finding them to be unpleasant or just not working, and refunding them, but I am now wondering if this is abusing Microsoft’s refund system....