Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought

Discus and support Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So like on Nov17 I bought Forza 4 and Forza 5 today they were removed without me messaging them about it etc 07f9fd52-8f51-44c6-b25d-ce251e08a60d Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Taigauwu, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Taigauwu
    Taigauwu Guest

So like on Nov17 I bought Forza 4 and Forza 5 today they were removed without me messaging them about it etc

:)

Taigauwu, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This is really unusual but there are multiple reports in regard to the same issue with the said bundle. There is no official announcement yet from Microsoft but this is indeed a rare-case scenario, Hopefully an update from there will be available anytime soon.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Not s rare case they took advantage of a bug and they got refunded a 1 euro which was the price they paid
  4. zork90 Win User

I suggest to those of us that are from Sweden at least to create tickets or report to either or both Konsumentverket and Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden. I have in the past had good experience with ARN.

Also I dont know why some moderator seems to delete comments, maybe URLs are not allowed? If so maybe let us know instead of deleting comments it really doesnt look good.
  5. Zipplet Win User

Happened to me too. This is unfair and might be a breach of consumer rights because we paid for it fair and square from an offer shown to us by the Microsoft store.

I suggest we call their lines to complain.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Legal links aren't allowed

And you might want to read the rules.there are rules.against taking advantage of a bug and this has happened before where people exploited a bug and their codes were canceled as a result instead of a suspension
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft just refund a game you bought - Similar Threads - Microsoft refund game

2. Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now...: I have spent 2.5 hours 2 days ago on the phone with 3 different Microsoft Xbox support agents, trying to solve the problem, none of them can do anything except asked me to reply to the email that...
  3. Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...: For some time now, I’ve been experimenting with games, finding them to be unpleasant or just not working, and refunding them, but I am now wondering if this is abusing Microsoft’s refund system....
  4. microsoft once again denied me a refund for a broken game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft once again denied me a refund for a broken game: So i bought the devil in me last night to play it with my girlfriend and in the beginning the game had these minor bugs where the characters would go inside of each other, that didn’t really...
  5. Microsoft has refunded my game, and I haven't received payment yet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft has refunded my game, and I haven't received payment yet?: A good half year ago I pre-ordered a game that was set to release soon. Unfortunately the release date for the game was unspecified and Microsoft had to refund my game. The problem arises is that...
  6. Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game.: I bought the game ELEX 2 and after playing it for a couple of hours I realized that I don't like the game because It has to many bugs / is poorly made and asked for a refund after less than a...
  7. Microsoft sells fraudulent games and does not allow a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft sells fraudulent games and does not allow a refund: I purchased the following game from the microsoft store https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/bully-anniversary-edition/9p12j82kf6qm I thinked it was the popular Rockstar game because of the image...
  8. Why Microsoft won't refund a bugged game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Microsoft won't refund a bugged game?: I purchased Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. The game is crashing a lot and won't save the gear items I obtain when playing, so, I can't progress in the game. It's a known issue on Ubisoft and they...
  9. Can't install the game from Microsoft store and request refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install the game from Microsoft store and request refund: Hi, i purchased a Creaks game from Microsoft store. Then seemly I can't even install it.its appears nothing. And i decide to request a refund but sadly i can't see any link for request refund for...
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 can't get refunded by Microsoft and yet its an incomplete game

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cyberpunk 2077 can't get refunded by Microsoft and yet its an incomplete game: Microsoft should help with the refund of cyberpunk 2077 since they allowed the sell of an incomplete game. This should never haven been allowed since the game has glitches that interfere with...