Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription

Discus and support Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription f798acd5-2bc3-44bd-8564-5ded28d433c7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AidenJones2, Jan 24, 2021.

1. AidenJones2
    AidenJones2 Guest

:)

AidenJones2, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Yes. Gold is not required to use apps.
  3. AidenJones2 Win User

Is silver required for it?
  4. Starseid Win User

why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem

If your xbox has an internet connection, then you are connected to xbox live automatically. To use Youtube, on any platform, you must be connected to the internet. Meaning if you are running offline, you will not be able to use internet based apps. If
    your inquiry is that you need Xbox Live Gold to watch Youtube, then that would be false. The Youtube app can work without a Gold subscription.
  5. NoxVenator Win User

code 800705b4 help

It's a shame because this wouldn't matter so much if Xbox let you watch Youtube and Netflix without your live account.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

xbox

You can use apps like YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. without an xbox live gold subscription. Although you will have to pay for each subscription individually on those websites. For example, xbox gold membership does not give you access to Hulu and Netflix,
    etc. You must buy each subscription separately if you want to use them. Youtube is free mostly, anyway.

So no, no annual fee unless you want access to things like online multiplayer gaming and other features of xbox live gold like a couple free

games with gold every month.

If you do want to purchase xbox live gold, see here for prices in your region:
    https://www.xbox.com/live/gold
Thema:

1. Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription - Similar Threads - watch apps netflix

2. Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...: Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased movies or TV on the Xbox 360? The app works perfectly for Xbox One and Series XlS though. A bunch of people...
  3. Is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app down? Every time I try watch a movie I get the Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app down? Every time I try watch a movie I get the Xbox...: Xbox 360 Movies and TV app seems to be down... Is it being serviced? I can't watch any purchased movies on my Xbox 360... I've tried all the troubleshooting on the support page so is the issue on...
  4. Facebook Watch app

in XBoX on Windows
    Facebook Watch app: I did everything Microsoft said to do to get the Facebook Watch app to work on the Xbox One. When I went to reinstall, I couldn't find the app ANYWHERE! Did they remove the app for good or did I...
  5. purchased in app for coins for over watch and was charged but never received coin how do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchased in app for coins for over watch and was charged but never received coin how do I...: Is there a number I can call? It was my son and trying to figure out how to do this -- thank you in advance fc68c704-f8a8-47a3-82cd-eda35fb2c8ea
  6. Crave TV app freezing when trying to watch House of the Dragon

in XBoX on Windows
    Crave TV app freezing when trying to watch House of the Dragon: Hi; I have an issue with the Crave tv app on my Xbox One. While trying to watch episodes 2 & 3 of House of the Dragon the show constantly freezes up after appx. 5 -10 seconds and can not recover....
  7. I can never watch any movie from the Xbox video app

in XboX Insiders
    I can never watch any movie from the Xbox video app: Every time I try to rent a movie from them they always buffer to the point that the movie stops, an error occurs and then I have to restart the movie. submitted by /u/KIRBYTIME [link] [comments]
  8. Unable to watch trailers in the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to watch trailers in the xbox app: This started happening a short wile after I had gotten my new PC. But everytime I click on a game in the xbox app to watch a trailer it just shows me a black square with a very sad face smily. I...
  9. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix: I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a...
  10. Netflix Xbox One App does not show watch list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix Xbox One App does not show watch list: The netflix app is not showing my list of movies that I have saved. All that it shows is major categories and genres. Also it is annoying to seach since it does not support having a keyboard...