Can I use usb cable in xbox series s controller without any damage??

Discus and support Can I use usb cable in xbox series s controller without any damage?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Buying batteries for xbox controller is alot of mess and expensive so can I use usb cable for xbox series s controller??... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JAY NAGAR1, Dec 6, 2022.

1. JAY NAGAR1
    JAY NAGAR1 Guest

Buying batteries for xbox controller is alot of mess and expensive so can I use usb cable for xbox series s controller??

:)

JAY NAGAR1, Dec 6, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Please not the connector can be damaged during use from flexing and stress

Buying rechargeable batteries is usually the answer. You can get a kit with batteries ans a charge for under $20 on Amazon
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Please not the connector can be damaged during use from flexing and stress

Buying rechargeable batteries is usually the answer. You can get a kit with batteries ans a charge for under $20 on Amazon
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Jay, You can use the remote control with no problem.

The contorle is designed to work also just by cable

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
  6. Panno92 Win User

The reason my controller is not work with a cable because i need a rechargeable battery?

Hi, if you are using the xbox one controller on the xbox one you should be able to use it with the usb cable even without any batteries inside the controller. Do not use the cable if you have inside the controller non-rechargable batteries, because this
    could damage the controller and the batteries.
Thema:

1. Can I use usb cable in xbox series s controller without any damage?? - Similar Threads - usb cable series

2. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  3. Elite 2 USB C cable melted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 USB C cable melted: I took my elite 2 controller off charge and left the cable on the floor, 5 minutes later I could small burning and the USB C that can with the controller meted and melted my carpet. Is the a...
  4. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  5. Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?: I haven't used this controller in a little while, i usually just play wired anyways. But the only microUSB cable I have is unreliable at this point so I wanted to try getting bluetooth working....
  6. Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model) No Longer Holding Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model) No Longer Holding Charge: Hi! On May 10th I bought an Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model). It has since lost all ability to hold a charge, never getting above 15%. I've used the official cable to...
  7. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??: I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers. I tried everything from moving my Bluetooth devices...
  8. Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?: Hi, I recently bought a PDP controller to use on pc. This is the wired xbox series x controller that also works on pc. The controller works fine with the usb cable provided. This is a 8 foot long...
  9. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...
  10. X Box controllers flakey connection on Windows when connected by USB C cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box controllers flakey connection on Windows when connected by USB C cable: This has been going on for a year now, the xbox controller stops working on windows. It will stop working in the middle of the game even though the controller is powered on, and connected via usb...