Can i use the xbox one seagate external on the series x?

Discus and support Can i use the xbox one seagate external on the series x? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, i have a 2tb external drive (seagate) that i used for my one s and can i use it for my series x? The reason i ask is because i saw... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tamer Elmadawi, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Can i use the xbox one seagate external on the series x?

As the title says, i have a 2tb external drive (seagate) that i used for my one s and can i use it for my series x? The reason i ask is because i saw that their is actual memory cards so would i be missing out using a seagate?

:)

Tamer Elmadawi, Mar 13, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Storage Device too slow error

Xbox Series X|S games can only be installed on the console's internal storage or the external Seagate SSD card. Link here. External drives are too slow for those games. The external hard drive can only be used to install backward compatible games (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One).
  3. atem7862 Win User

Why can't you play series x games on ext ssd?

So the external seagate ssd for xbox is usb3.0 with 500mbps read and write speed right? I have two of them and i see alot of people saying "its because the external ssds are too slow to play games on,you can only play series x or enhanced one x games on internal or the seagate expansion ssd card" but alot of external ssds are fast enough? No?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Seagate External HDD not recognised by Series X

First if it's an xbox series x optimized game moving it to an external drive won't work

Only bc titles that arent patched can

You can look at your library to see which ones are optimized or patched for the fps booster

Only the external nvme for series x Seagate cards work with optimized games
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

If it is a Series X|S games, then the game can only be installed on the internal drive or on a external Seagate storage expansion card

https://www.xbox.com/en-Gb/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card or a Western Digital one

https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...sion-card-for-xbox-ssd?sku=WDBMPH0010BNC-WCSN These can store Xbox Series X|S games and be launched from them too.

Any backward Compatible title (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One) can be installed on an external drive and played from there too.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why won't the Game Pass app (iPhone) recognise that my XsX has an SSD installed?

Also should be noted patched games can only be installed internally or on storage cards

NOT external hds

Seagate ssd game drive won't cut it it must be the Seagate series x storage cards which uses nvme tech not ssd
Thema:

Can i use the xbox one seagate external on the series x?

1. Can i use the xbox one seagate external on the series x? - Similar Threads - seagate external series

2. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  3. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  4. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  5. Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?: I got the seagate external hard drive optimized for Xbox x/s but I can’t play some games such as apex or overwatch, I thought the seagate external hard drive let you play Xbox x/s optimized games...
  6. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  7. Seagate external expansion ssd card not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external expansion ssd card not working: I bought a external seagate expansion card 2TB to use on my Xbox series S and it’ll allow me to down things to it and once I try to play any game off of it it’ll play 2-3 minutes then kicks you...
  8. Help with my external drive by seagate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with my external drive by seagate: So I downloaded a game called “Conan Exiles on to my external drive storage and when I went to go play the game it bugged out and said “could no longer detect external drive” or something like...
  9. My Seagate Xbox external drive will appear and disappear on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Seagate Xbox external drive will appear and disappear on my xbox: I have tried every possible method of fixing it such as plugging it in different ports and changing my power settings. It will appear for a couple of minutes but then just disappear off of my Xbox...
  10. External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power

in XBoX on Consoles
    External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power: Hi if anyone can help with this I will be so grateful. But my hard drive went out on me with all my games in it and now I'm having the problem of the hard drive light not coming on, but I can feel...