Can I use the Game Pass Ultimate on two X Box consoles in the same house?

Discus and support Can I use the Game Pass Ultimate on two X Box consoles in the same house? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have a Game Pass Ultimate account that was set up for my son. I have recently begun playing and would like to access the Game Pass as well on his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ConnorMoore5, Feb 7, 2023.

1. ConnorMoore5
    ConnorMoore5 Guest

We have a Game Pass Ultimate account that was set up for my son. I have recently begun playing and would like to access the Game Pass as well on his old X Box. Is this possible? If so, how do I do that?

:)

ConnorMoore5, Feb 7, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

It's possible, yes. Assuming you're going to stick to playing on 1 particular console each, it would work out OK.

You son would need to sign into the Xbox you're going to play on, then set it as his home console. Once that's done, he can remove his account from that Xbox if he wants to. If you haven't got your own account, you'd then need to create one and sign into that particular console.

The consequences of doing that are: -

On the console that your son uses, he would have to be signed into Xbox Live in order to play his games/access his stuff, and none of his games/subscriptions would be shared with other users of that particular console.

On the console that you use, your sons games would be playable by any gamertags, online or offline, and his subscriptions would be shared with users of that console too.

You would be able to play online together if you wanted to, including playing the same game online at the same time.

You can change your home console up to 5 times per year, so if this doesn't work out for you, it's not permanent.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, this is possible.

Just to confirm, is the Xbox game pass ultimate active on his account? If yes, you just need to set his account as Home Xbox on the old Xbox for you to use.

By setting an account as Home Xbox, it will share its games and subscriptions to all profiles using the Xbox console.

"1. Ask him to sign in to the old Xbox.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

4. Check "Make this as My Home Xbox"."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Two x boxes in the same house.

Hello there @JeffHughes9, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. Sharing is caring right! Normally when you home share a console using your account, both parties should be able to benefit from the games and subscriptions of the account. What seems to be the issue in
    your case is the fact that you are both trying to use the same account at the same time. Since playing with the same account in different consoles at the same time is impossible, the way to achieve your request would be to mark your console as a home console
    by your son's account, and then once the console is set as a home console, log in with your own separate account to play the game. You will find below the official link to everything you need to know about home sharing in case you were curious about other
    aspects of the feature. To set your console as a home console, sign in with your son's account and you can follow the steps provided in the link below on the "Designate an Xbox console as your home console" option.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Since you will be needing a separate account for yourself, you will find below the official website to create one.

The link: Microsoft account | Home

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by letting me know if the reply was helpful!
  5. FutureSign65204 Win User

Game Pass Ultimate sharing across two xboxs in same house

I had xbox gold, upgraded to ultimate. Just bought a second xbox. Can I enjoy the total ultimate package on both xbox consoles.Would like to use the gold and game pass on both consoles in the same house
  6. xxHOTxSHOTxx Win User

i can connect to internet but not to xbox live

I have two Xbox's and I use Roadrunner. My son's is working Mine is not. Same house, same router different X boxes and log in. I don't think it is Roadrunner.
Thema:

1. Can I use the Game Pass Ultimate on two X Box consoles in the same house? - Similar Threads - Game Pass Ultimate

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  4. It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...

in XBoX on Windows
    It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...: It’s not letting me sign in Xbox live for fight night champions and I been playing it for months 57990e78-3fdd-4268-89be-40a1f9326f75
  5. Can't acess xbox game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Can't acess xbox game pass ultimate: (I use pc) Even though i did purchase xbox game pass ultimate, i can't acess game pass ultimate content, neither can i use cloud gaming, i have no clue whats happening at all, when i try to use...
  6. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  7. The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...: So the account I have set on my console as my home Xbox account has the game pass ultimate subscription but when I sign into my account I can't access multiplayer games unless I have that account...
  8. Game pass ultimate not showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass ultimate not showing up: I bought my brother game pass ultimate but it’s only showing he has core. What do we do? 68eab80a-7f24-403a-a6c6-24f906bc181b
  9. If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.: If I buy game pass ultimate for 14 days but I currently have game pass core for 12 months. After the game pass ultimate expires will the game pass core start again. submitted by...
  10. Im trying to subscribe to the game pass ultimate that is for one dollar but when I press on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to subscribe to the game pass ultimate that is for one dollar but when I press on...: When I press on the plan to buy the game pass ultimate it’s not working for me 7ba20ecc-3c37-45db-afc8-4b82a0a0d469