Can I use Oculus Rift & Touch on Xbox One S?

Discus and support Can I use Oculus Rift & Touch on Xbox One S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed there is news release that Xbox no longer supports VR systems/headsets including the compatible Oculus Rift. So if I purchase a new Oculus... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by overture2012, Feb 15, 2019.

1. overture2012
    overture2012 Guest

I noticed there is news release that Xbox no longer supports VR systems/headsets including the compatible Oculus Rift. So if I purchase a new Oculus Rift, would it be possible to play some VR games on my new Xbox One S? From the website of Oculus, it says
    it is a VR system for PC particularly for Windows 10 and Xbox is not mentioned.

If Oculus Rift is not a choice, any other VR system can be well connected and work with Xbox One S?

Thank you very much!

Victor

:)

overture2012, Feb 15, 2019
  2. blueamcat Win User

3. overture2012 Win User

Thank you and help me to save my time and money!!
  4. ngocphi Win User

Ahhh I remember now no you are mixing things up

No ms never ever supported ar or vr in xbox

Not in the way that you think ir in any form you are asking about

What ms is talking about is completely different

From.day one ms said no vr support would.be coming

Phil spencer said in 2016 if it was coming it would only be supported in the X

Never reached thst point

When oculus first came out they did not have a controller not till much later

But the first generation needed one

Which fb used the xbox one controllers

However since touch and the standalones came with the new handheld controllers ms stopped supporting oculus which is not catching on

Vr isnt catching.on yet

And sony pretty much cornered the market.even with the broad support that.oculus is.receivimg
  5. ArminatorX Win User

The Xbox One S was never mentioned for VR gameplay.

When they first announced the more powerful Xbox One X, they mentioned, it would be powerful enough for VR, but didn't mention which VR hardware would be compatible with Xbox.

Then, shortly before the Xbox One X was launched, the VR feature was removed from any marketing materials.

I own the Oculus Rift, and I can confirm that it does NOT work on the Xbox One X (or any other Xbox One for that matter).

So short answer: No you can NOT use Oculus Rift on the Xbox One at all.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Hello,

No, Microsoft as I've heard does have a project in works, something called a Hololense, but it's more of a augmented reality, but I'd guess both Oculus rift and HTC vive aren't compatible with Xbox. Plus there are no games to support such technology
    HoloLens is not "in works" but
    is an actual product already
    . However, HoloLens is more targeted for professional use, as an Augmented Reality headset for companies where it helps service personnel or visualizing construction planning.

I tried it myself, and the viewing area for the "holograms" is narrower compared to the "immersion" headsets like Oculus and Vive.

Also, HoloLens is a standalone product, which does not need a PC or console. The HoloLens can be used completely by itself, whereas Oculus and Vive (or the other Mixed Reality headsets) require a host PC to feed the displays in the headset.

And none of these currently work with any Xbox One console.
Thema:

1. Can I use Oculus Rift & Touch on Xbox One S? - Similar Threads - Oculus Rift Touch

2. Xbox one streaming VR is only on oculus rift, it's possible to transfer it on oculus gear VR ?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one streaming VR is only on oculus rift, it's possible to transfer it on oculus gear VR ?: Hello, im wondering if it's possible to transfer/convert/run app from oculus rift- this one: ( https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1266881563371842/?locale=pl_PL ) To Oculus gear Vr. If...
  3. XBox One S and Oculus Rift S connections

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S and Oculus Rift S connections: Hi I have an Xbox One S and an Oculus Rift s but i can only connect the USB and not the displayport. Is there an adapter i need to purchase? The Rift came with one but the xbox doesn't have the...
  4. Forza HORIZON con OCULUS RIFT S su PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza HORIZON con OCULUS RIFT S su PC: Buongiorno, volevo sapere se c’è la possibilit di usare l’OCULUS RIFT S con FORZA HORIZON 4 aquistato su xbox anywhere. Ho trovato solo l’app XBOX ONE STREAMING, scaricata su windows 10 ma ho...
  5. Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox: VR for Xbox would be amazing! I just hope it doesn't get abandoned like the Kinect. They would need to release some good games for it. 270ba3eb-41c0-4437-b49e-de630c24abf2
  6. Minecraft 1.13.0.13 on Oculus Rift S

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft 1.13.0.13 on Oculus Rift S: After minecraft beta updated to 1.13.0.13 the game does not display properly on oculus rift s. All mobs are floating up the air and the player avatar is in the way of the view. I have tried...
  7. Can an Oculus Rift S run on an Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Oculus Rift S run on an Xbox One S?: I’m making the desicion to get an Oculus Rift S, but I want to know if it can run on an Xbox One S. I don’t want to play games on Xbox with the Rift S, I just want to be able to actually run the...
  8. Xbox sign in for Minecraft Oculus Rift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox sign in for Minecraft Oculus Rift: Since you bought Minecraft, can we have Xbox sign-in for Oculus Rift Edition? cc31adaf-b241-458c-99ac-67bb54aff560
  9. How does one get on the xbox one x Oculus Rift Beta test?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does one get on the xbox one x Oculus Rift Beta test?: I just got an Oculus Rift for my PC. Works great. I know there was some talk that the VR sets would work with xbox. I know my PC and I know my xbox one x.. Oculus will work flawlessly with Xbox...
  10. can oculus rift become compatible with xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    can oculus rift become compatible with xbox one s: hello i have the oculus rift headset with sensor and xbox one controller and i also have a xbox one s is there a time coming when both will be complatible with each other? being the money i spent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use a oculus on my xbox one

2. does the oculus rift s work with the xbox

3. oculus on xbox 1

4. oculus hooked up to xbox one s,
  5. is oculus compatable with xbox one s,
  6. using oculus rift on xbox,
  7. can you use an oculus rift on xbox,
  8. does oculus rift work with xbox one s,
  9. oculus rift s