Can I use my Xbox as an eGPU?

Discus and support Can I use my Xbox as an eGPU? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a pretty good Windows 11 laptop, but it lacks in GPU power. I also happen to have an Xbox One that I don't use anymore. Is it possible to use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Coolestarchit, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Can I use my Xbox as an eGPU?

I have a pretty good Windows 11 laptop, but it lacks in GPU power. I also happen to have an Xbox One that I don't use anymore. Is it possible to use the Xbox as an external GPU for my laptop?

:)

Coolestarchit, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

No, you'll need a PC graphics card in in eGPU enclosure and your laptop also needs to support Thunderbolt to meet the required bandwidth for an external graphics card.

The Xbox console can't be used for this.
  3. AlanFink1 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 on Mac with bootcamp

What steps did you take for installing eGpu and bootcamp? Any special steps for RX 560 drivers? Did you initially use HDMI for bootcamp and windows setup prior to connecting eGPU and then windows auto-detection of eGPU and standard drivers automatically
    installed? Thanks for the update!
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Is it possible to install an external graphics card in a surface laptop go?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Scotty

Actually you can use an external GPU on this device due to thunderbolt 4 / usb-c port

Now you need to grab the desired eGPU that you want.

In case you need more info you can check this article*:

https://www.windowscentral.com/can-surface-lapt....

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. AlanFink1 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 on Mac with bootcamp

Do you know if i can run MSFS 2020 using windows on paralells for mac?

hardware is 2018 mac mini with

intel i7 3.2ghz

64gb ram

egpu with radeon vega 56 and 8gb ddr6

should be specked ok but unsure if will work under virtual windows running on parallels??

thanks
  6. H3PA80R Win User

xbox series x thunderbolt 3 eGpu ? Type-C ?

I don´t see the need of an eGPU or Thunderbolt ports for a console. The Xbox is a console which is made for gaming, streaming and not a PC. Wifi protocols have not been specified. Anyone who cares on things like download
    speed should prefer the wired soloution because this will be the fastest connection.
Thema:

1. Can I use my Xbox as an eGPU? - Similar Threads - eGPU

2. xbox series x thunderbolt 3 eGpu ? Type-C ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox series x thunderbolt 3 eGpu ? Type-C ?: xbox series x must have thunderbolt 3 eGpu port and wifi 6 connection standard. xbox series x type c Type-C If 12 TF power is used not only in games, but also in other ways, the Xbox device...
  3. xbox series x thunderbolt 3.0 eGpu ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x thunderbolt 3.0 eGpu ?: xbox series x must have thunderbolt 3 eGpu port and wifi 6 connection standard. If 12 TF power is used not only in games, but also in other ways, the Xbox device will be versatile and functional....
  4. xbox series x thunderbolt 3 eGpu ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox series x thunderbolt 3 eGpu ?: xbox series x must have thunderbolt 3 eGpu port and wifi 6 connection standard. If 12 TF power is used not only in games, but also in other ways, the Xbox device will be versatile and functional....