Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one?

Discus and support Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to know why my Kinect for my xbox 360 will not work on my xbox one? 443029df-bc83-48fe-905a-7fca8dd17428 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by shadownsa, Dec 30, 2015.

1. shadownsa
    shadownsa Guest

I would like to know why my Kinect for my xbox 360 will not work on my xbox one?

:)

shadownsa, Dec 30, 2015
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Why?

How is my new Kinect sensor different from the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor?

The new Kinect for Xbox One features a 1080p camera and can accommodate smaller play spaces than its Xbox 360 predecessor. It also features a 1:1 movement ratio with little to no lag.

Use of the Kinect sensor is optional with Xbox One. But some features, like automatic player identification and voice/gesture control, won’t work without it.

Can I use the Kinect sensor from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Like other Xbox 360 peripherals and accessories, the Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 is not compatible with Xbox One, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor is not compatible with the Xbox 360 console.

forums.xbox.com/.../2060179.aspx

ngocphi, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Transfer gamer tag

HI Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one? :)

Q: so I bought me a xbox 360 transfer cable today. When I came home, I tryed it out and put my xbox 360 account on my Xbox kinect. I went and singed into my Xbox 360 profile to see if it can play original Xbox games and kinect games but they couldnt work
    with the profile. Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one? :( so i just wantEd to know why are they not working with my Xbox 360 account and only with my Xbox kinect account ?

Please help if you can and thank you.

xEpicDisneyFan2, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one?

I would like to know why the kinect for the Xbox One will not work on a 360?

Ok... I really don't.
    Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one? :p

Goth Vampirella, Dec 30, 2015
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Apparently, Xbox 1 doesn't really like Xbox 360 PPPPP

Just kidding. I don't have Kinect for Xbox 360, but I got the Xbox 1 Day 1 edition console with Kinect. Xbox 1's Kinect has a higher resolution and can read QR codes and has better voice recepters and I think it's slimmer too. To video chat on Xbox 1 console,
    you need Kinect and the Skype app. It's worth investing the extra $100 in Xbox 1 Kinect. I have Zoo Tycoon and Kinect Sports Rivals, and those games are real fun with Kinect. Xbox 360's Kinect would probably conk out if it was used for those games, to me Xbox
    1's Kinect has better hardware. Xbox 1's Kinect also has an internal fan to keep it looking kwl on the inside and out.

smileskybird, Dec 30, 2015
  6. It also looks like R.O.B's head for the NES.

RedEye Expr3ss, Dec 30, 2015
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    The 360 Kinect is an abomination. The Kinect for the One is actually pretty cool. It took me a while to warm up to it, but now that I did I'm really glad I have it. It makes recording gameplay easy and navigation on the home screen is a breeze with it. It
    has good uses for making game clips with commentary and video and I think it probably works if you want to stream on Twitch.

brandiesel1, Dec 31, 2015
  8. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest

The origional Kinect is inferior to the new Kinect. Why would you want the lesser of the two? If you want the Kinect for XB1 there is a solution.

The 360 and the XB1 are 2 different consoles. The 360 controllers don't work with XB1 either (yet).........I think I'll make thread about that.

vikingland1, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest
    Is there a reason the old peripherals don't work on the One? Both Kinect and 360 controllers work on Windows 10, and isn't the operating system on the One based on Windows 10?

As to why you would want the old Kinect on the One. Surely it could be used for the voice commands?

Jena Makarov, Oct 31, 2018
  10. ngocphi Win User

Why?

How is my new Kinect sensor different from the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor?

The new Kinect for Xbox One features a 1080p camera and can accommodate smaller play spaces than its Xbox 360 predecessor. It also features a 1:1 movement ratio with little to no lag.

Use of the Kinect sensor is optional with Xbox One. But some features, like automatic player identification and voice/gesture control, won’t work without it.

Can I use the Kinect sensor from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Like other Xbox 360 peripherals and accessories, the Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 is not compatible with Xbox One, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor is not compatible with the Xbox 360 console.

forums.xbox.com/.../2060179.aspx
  11. Beard 0f Steel Win User

games

I just hope I can connect my Xbox into my Xbox 360 and connect that to my Xbox One for a totally Xbox orgasmic experience.

Hopefully I can connect my Kinect to my Kinect 2 which will be connected to my Xbox One which is connected to my Xbox 360 which is connected to my Xbox to record this fantastic event.
  12. Jena Makarov Win User

Is there a reason the old peripherals don't work on the One? Both Kinect and 360 controllers work on Windows 10, and isn't the operating system on the One based on Windows 10?

As to why you would want the old Kinect on the One. Surely it could be used for the voice commands?
  13. brandiesel1 Win User

The 360 Kinect is an abomination. The Kinect for the One is actually pretty cool. It took me a while to warm up to it, but now that I did I'm really glad I have it. It makes recording gameplay easy and navigation on the home screen is a breeze with it. It
    has good uses for making game clips with commentary and video and I think it probably works if you want to stream on Twitch.
  14. Goth Vampirella Win User

I would like to know why the kinect for the Xbox One will not work on a 360?

Ok... I really don't.
    :p
Thema:

1. Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one? - Similar Threads - 360 Kinect

2. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  5. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  6. How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?: I want to play xbox 360 games on my pc because some of them are discontinued and most of them are cheaper. After I sold my xbox 360 console, but a few years later I found my xbox 360 games that I...
  7. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards: Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards 738c396a-94d2-4d98-b156-de092f3911a8
  8. Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?: I have an Xbox one with a Kinect. If I purchase an Xbox 360 kinect game, will it work with my Xbox one Kinect? bb9ede62-7604-4ebc-b67c-d8667b63279f
  9. Can’t connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360 NXE Kinect dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360 NXE Kinect dashboard: I currently purchased an Xbox 360 slim and I can’t connect to Xbox live. The dashboard is on the second to last update for the NXE Kinect dashboard. My goal is to update to the metro dashboard....
  10. I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...: I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo?...