Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one

Discus and support Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 is really old and I’m potentially getting a new Xbox one, but I don’t have gold and I don’t my stuff over the cloud and so I can’t transfer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PersonWithQuestions———, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one

My Xbox 360 is really old and I’m potentially getting a new Xbox one, but I don’t have gold and I don’t my stuff over the cloud and so I can’t transfer my saves the normal way. Is there a way to upload the hard drive from one Xbox to another?

:)

PersonWithQuestions———, Jul 1, 2022
  2. VENOM MDK Win User

Original xbox games not playing on xbox 360 s 4gb, and not wanting to purchase hard drive

3. Obsessive Power Win User

Swapping 360 slim hardrives.

Hi,

You only really need an official Xbox 360 Slim hard drive if:

• The game insists on using an internal 360 hard drive. There are a select few 360 games that need to install some data from the disc to run, these games need an internal drive.
    • You still want to play original Xbox games.
    For almost all other Xbox 360 games you can install to a external hard drive via a USB cable. The Xbox 360 supports external drives up to 2TB. If you connect an standard external hard drive via USB you can just move the game or saves to the external drive.

Unless your Xbox 360 drive is official, you won't be able to play original Xbox games. Most drives are not official. Any official hard drive will be quite old now as Microsoft hasn't made these drives for nearly a decade.

I have an old Xbox 360 I use occasionally for games that are either not BC on the Xbox One/Series X or were never released on PC. I use a 1TB external hard drive. I also want to insure that my Xbox 360s old DVD drive will continue to work into the future, so I install my 360 disc games to the 1TB drive.
  4. SkagSmasha Win User

Cloud

The Xbox 360 uses external hard drives differently to the Xbox One.

It doesn't see them as combined storage.

So yes you will need the 360 internal drive... which you can get separately and install yourself.
  5. LonelyFool Win User

Incompatible game download

Right. I have it on my Xbox 360 hard drive( internal drive). What is an "Official" drive? Is the Xbox 360 I bought not made with an official drive? Makes no since.

Now it did install it on the flashdrive i had at first. Should I remove everything, and try again just using the Xbox 360 hard drive? Would that work?
  6. Smwutches Win User

No. The cloud is the only way to transfer saves to the One.
Thema:

1. Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one - Similar Threads - INTERNAL 360 hard

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Get To Know Our Team: Austin - Technical Program Manager (Hardware & Internal Flighting)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Austin - Technical Program Manager (Hardware & Internal Flighting): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  4. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  5. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  6. Xbox internal Storage not Letting install any thing?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox internal Storage not Letting install any thing?: When I try to install what update games to the internal storage it keeps saying I need to remove something to make more space but I have 100gb free there submitted by /u/08spurlingD [link]...
  7. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  8. Missing Series X internal SSD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Series X internal SSD: I bought a Series X from auction and it's missing the internal SSD. Can I buy another one and get patches from Microsoft to get it working again? 8571ac02-1aac-45bc-9c1e-62268497f77a
  9. Using a retail WD Blue 500 GB HDD as a replacement internal HDD in my Xbox 360 with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a retail WD Blue 500 GB HDD as a replacement internal HDD in my Xbox 360 with the...: I have a fat Xbox 360 with a standard 20 GB Microsoft HDD. To be honest 20 GB is not enough for all the games that I own from Gold. With Microsoft shutting the store down next year I want to...
  10. If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...: My 360 E just shut off and won't power up so it looks like I need to buy another one because I cannot find anyone to repair mine. I know I can put my internal hard drive into the replacement but...