Can I use games shared on my home xbox on my pc with play anywhere games?

Discus and support Can I use games shared on my home xbox on my pc with play anywhere games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to play forza horizon 3 but it was redeemed to my parent's account when it first came out so I have been using it through the home xbox shared... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andreas Bays, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Andreas Bays
    Andreas Bays Guest

I want to play forza horizon 3 but it was redeemed to my parent's account when it first came out so I have been using it through the home xbox shared games since. I want to run it on my pc but it it doesn't show up in my library to download in the xbox app or xbox store.

:)

Andreas Bays, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but the Home Xbox feature is only available on the Xbox console and not on PC.
  3. ngocphi Win User

No as home console is only a console feature

You can play games included on your profile as play anywhere
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox Gold and play anywhere

Hello Jim,

In this reply, I hope that the explanation given will clear things up and further assist with the issue being experienced.

Games can be shared with multiple accounts on both PC and Xbox One.

This will depend on if the title is an Xbox Play Anywhere title. On a Windows PC, if the account that owns a specific game on the Xbox Play
    Anywhere list installs a game onto the PC, another account will be granted access to then install it from the Microsoft store.

On an Xbox One console, the home console has to be manually changed from one to another, and is limited in some sense.

These would be the ways to share Xbox entitlements with various other accounts.

Best wishes!
  5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox and pc accounts

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Colesy82, by your description I see that there are two doubts regarding games and sharing.

The first, it is only possible to share games (Home Console) with Xbox, this has to be done by placing the account as main on one console, and the other account as well.

Designate a home Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

When to games, only games with the Play Anywhere badge that will be able to play at the same time on the console and PC using the same game license.

XBOX PLAY ANYWHERE

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

I hope this helps.
  6. ImAice Win User

Why cant I play the games I've purchased on Xbox?

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Good question. Not all games are playable on PC. You can to check the list of Xbox play anywhere games here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

The account where the games are purchased must sign in the Microsoft Store to access the games as the home Xbox sharing is only designed for Xbox consoles.
Thema:

1. Can I use games shared on my home xbox on my pc with play anywhere games? - Similar Threads - games shared home

2. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  3. why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  4. Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox: Can anyone help me? For years i’ve paid for game pass ultimate and had my dads xbox as the home xbox of my account so that he can also have access to ultimate. As of today for some reason it is...
  5. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  6. why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  7. my home xbox game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my home xbox game sharing: I set my sons xbox My acount as home xbox But i cant play my games in his account 7f03308b-22c5-4ffd-ac4a-997b210e51bb
  8. i have 3 xbox i game share to i need to know how many box can have my xbox set as home xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have 3 xbox i game share to i need to know how many box can have my xbox set as home xbox: but one of them says You may be seeing this message because the account that owns this content might have assigned a different console as their home xbox i just need to know how many people can...
  9. Can I share my Game Pass ultimate from my home Xbox to my girlfriends laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I share my Game Pass ultimate from my home Xbox to my girlfriends laptop?: So my girlfriend has just purchased a new laptop and wants to get be able to play Minecraft on it however she doesn't want to purchase a game again. I however have Ultimate and only play via Xbox,...
  10. One home Xbox S with 2 different profiles have to share game progress, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One home Xbox S with 2 different profiles have to share game progress, why?: We bought an Xbox S just a few days ago. It is set as Home Xbox so all family members can share the game pass. We have made two different profiles with two different Microsoft accounts. But when...