Can I uninstall a game from a computer and still own it?

Discus and support Can I uninstall a game from a computer and still own it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Son bought a game and downloaded it onto his father's laptop which is not what he uses to game. If I delete it from the laptop can he install it onto... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kmts(2), Apr 23, 2023.

1. kmts(2)
    kmts(2) Guest

Son bought a game and downloaded it onto his father's laptop which is not what he uses to game. If I delete it from the laptop can he install it onto another computer from his account?

:)

kmts(2), Apr 23, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

The game is tied to the account, so yes. It can be uninstalled from the laptop and reinstalled on another system.
  3. LassiMäkelä Win User

Microsoft store game download gone wrong

Have you try to restart your computer and to uninstall the store and the game from the control panel?
    Okay i tried restarting the computer and deleting the game from the control panel AND uninstalling the store and the game icon is still there and the store (after i reinstalled it) is still blacking out and not letting me start the installation of apps or anything
    of the sorts :I
  4. Guys_Im_Tyler Win User

Uninstalling Game Pass for PC Games

I am attempting to uninstall the games from my computer. It will remove the app Icon on the xbox app but the files and assets are still inside the windowsapps folder.
  5. Francia J. Win User

How can i uninstall minecraft from my windows computer?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

You can simply follow the steps below to uninstall the game:

Settings > Apps & Features > Apps > Search the game > Uninstall.

You can also request a refund by signing in to http://xbox.com/refunds.
  6. Marcus_048 Win User

How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

Do I have to do anything to the games on the old device? Uninstall, etc. or can I just take out the micro SD card from the old computer, put it into the new computer, format the card then install the games to the new device?
Thema:

1. Can I uninstall a game from a computer and still own it? - Similar Threads - uninstall game computer

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  4. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  5. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  6. How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?: How to remove/uninstall Game Bar? 77cfbfd5-1588-4d0f-b9c6-4c47ed899049
  7. How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?: I'm visiting my family for Christmas. We have been trying to figure out of why games are getting uninstall on their own in the Xbox One X when turning on the console(internal and external...
  8. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...
  9. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  10. my Microsoft "Cue Billiard Club" game doesn't play right anymore. I uninstalled and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Microsoft "Cue Billiard Club" game doesn't play right anymore. I uninstalled and...: I have played "Cue Billiard Club" pool game for years. Suddenly it doesn't play and move smoothly anymore. I have windows 10 Home. Acer Aspire computer. What could be the problem? I uninstalled...