Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?

Discus and support Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I used to play Xbox 360 a lot, but then the Xbox One came out and I decided to make a new account and forget about my old account on my Xbox 360 , I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JPiper13, May 25, 2020.

1. JPiper13
    JPiper13 Guest

I used to play Xbox 360 a lot, but then the Xbox One came out and I decided to make a new account and forget about my old account on my Xbox 360 , I recently thought about my old account and all its data not realising that I must’ve thrown the Xbox 360
    away with the hard drive, i’ve tried of thinking of ways I can recover my data onto my Xbox One but I can’t find any Ways. The worst thing is I don’t have a hard drive, is there any way I can recover my xbox 360 data on the xbox one without a hard drive? Thanks..

:)

JPiper13, May 25, 2020
  2. FireSnakeEyez Win User

moving profile

3. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User

HDD ( Hard Drive ) not detected in my Xbox 360

To transfer data from one Xbox 360 hard drive to another, you’ll need the following:

• Xbox 360 console
    • Current hard drive (must be smaller than the new drive)
    • New hard drive (Leet recommends 120GB or 250GB)
    • USB pen drive (Leet recommends two 16GB devices) or Microsoft Xbox 360 data transfer kit
    Follow these steps to transfer your data:

Using an Xbox 360 data transfer cable

This is ideal for transferring data from an old hard drive to a new drive on an Xbox 360 Elite console.

1. Connect your old hard drive to your new Elite console.

2. Turn the Xbox on and connect the big end of the transfer cable to the bigger hard drive.

3. Plug in the USB end of the cable to a USB port on the Elite 360.

4. Insert the bundled disc into your Elite and follow the steps.

5. When the transfer is done (it may take up to an hour or so), disconnect the smaller hard drive, turn off your machine and plug in the new hard drive. Viol .

Transferring without an Xbox 360 transfer kit

We recommend this method for installing a new hard drive onto an old-style Xbox 360.

1. Switch on your Xbox 360 console and insert a USB pen drive.

2. Press the Xbox guide button on your controller and head to the far-right menu. Select ‘Memory’.

3. Select the pen drive and follow the steps to format it if you need to (make sure you transfer any important files to a computer before wiping it).

4. Press Y to transfer data, then select the data you want to transfer (make sure you choose your gamertag profile, system settings and any game saves you want to keep).

5. Once the data has been moved to the USB pen, remove the drive and turn off the Xbox 360, before unplugging it from the mains and removing any cables attached to the console.

6. Remove your old hard drive. Place your 360 vertically and push in the button to the left of the hard drive, then remove.

7. Insert your new hard drive. Ensure it clips in correctly.

8. Plug in your 360 again and switch it on.

9. Insert the USB pen drive with your data on it.

10. Go to ‘Memory’ and select the pen drive. Transfer all the data across to your new hard drive.

11. If you need to transfer more data from your old hard drive, turn off the machine again and plug in your old hard drive. Turn it on, transfer more data to the USB pen drive, and repeat steps 5 to 10.

12. You may need to transfer ownership rights of any downloaded content to your new hard drive. A prompt will flash up on screen if this is the case – follow the steps online to transfer rights to your new hard drive.
    Note: You can only do this once every 12 months.
  4. User 9242019 Win User

I have my old XBOX 360 hard drive, and only an xbox one...

The Xbox 360 transfer cable was only for transferring data from one 360 hard drive to another 360 hard drive. There also were several versions of the cable that weren't compatible with each other and would only transfer between specific drives.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox 360 to Xbox One Data Transfer Inquiry

Hi there Blastem,

The 360 hard drive transfer cable is just that, it transfers data from one 360 hard drive to another. At this time the only way to transfer 360 data to an Xbox One is through the cloud so you will need to find a friend that has a 360 that you can borrow
    to upload your game saves to the cloud.

Once you have a 360 connected to Live, you can follow the steps noted by JhonSnow777 to get the files onto the cloud for you to access on an Xbox One.
  6. Smwutches Win User

downloading nfl rosters to xbox 360 hard drive using transfer cable

That wouldn't be possible. The data transfer cable is only meant to move data between 360 hard drives in the event that you get a new one. Xbox data is not meant to be seen by a PC and transferred between the 2 so you wouldn't be able to get anything from
    the PC into a 360 game without violating the terms of service.
Thema:

1. Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive? - Similar Threads - transfer 360 data

2. I have a question about transferring data from an unofficial Xbox 360 HDD to an official one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a question about transferring data from an unofficial Xbox 360 HDD to an official one.: So, to give some backstory, the hard drive I've had in my 360 for years has started to fail. I didn't want to lose the data I had on there, so I decided to buy a transfer cable and a replacement...
  3. Can I transfer data from an Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer data from an Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X?: Can I transfer data from an Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X? ..... HELP! 70ed8e39-42cf-479a-bb82-ee3b09579eb9
  4. How do I transfer saved data from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox 360 without connecting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer saved data from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox 360 without connecting to...: I have 2 Xbox 360 consoles. I want to transfer saved game data from one to another. I have a usb device. I don’t have an internet connection. How do I transfer the data from my old xbox360 to my...
  5. Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a...: I have had my Xbox 360 slim for 5 years and I got the red ring on it when playing. I have recently come back to it and error code E69 showed up and did some research and cleaned out the entire...
  6. How do I transfer data from a profile on the Xbox 360 storage to a new Xbox Live profile...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer data from a profile on the Xbox 360 storage to a new Xbox Live profile...: So my dad gave me his profile long ago on my Xbox 360, and I've always been using it, however I finally made a personal Xbox Live account on my 360, but I want to transfer my dad's data to my...
  7. How do I transfer my data from my Xbox 360 to a Series X if my 360 does not start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer my data from my Xbox 360 to a Series X if my 360 does not start?: My reason for attempting to get my hands on an Xbox Series X is because my 360 of the past 7 years went out. I believe there is an issue in the power supply within the Xbox and it does not allow...
  8. Xbox 360 S Model 1439 data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Model 1439 data transfer: I think My 250gb hard drive in my Xbox 360 S Model 1439 is going out. I have many games downloaded onto it from the Store, some of which are no longer available on the store. Some are saved on...
  9. 360 to A New Account Data Transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 to A New Account Data Transfer: I have an old Xbox 360 account and my current account that I'm posting this question on. I don't want to redo all of my progress and saves on this account so I wondering if I could transfer the...
  10. Xbox 360 Data Transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Data Transfer: Hello, I have a bit of an odd situation. I let my brother borrow my Xbox 360 elite a while ago and would like it back. I want to buy him his own 360 to replace mine so I can have it back. Here's...